It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're back online again.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
We had some data loss. All posts since 4am yesterday (EST time zone) have been lost.

There was a serious database corruption that appears to be related to some kind of attack on ATS.

We're looking into how the attack occurred, but in the mean time, we've recovered from backup and are now operational again.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

We're looking into how the attack occurred

My money is on some irritated catholic that didnt like all the pope threads........

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thank the lord, we are back, I wonder who was so upset as to do something like that.

I bet it started after the pope was announced and the connection to his past.

Somebody was not very happy.

Lord I love conspiracies.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
And I´m still in chat...

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I can never understand why people do that!? They don't accomplish a damn thing...nothing...it just shows how bad of a person they really are deep down. Very sad, small minded people. Aaaaaaaaanyway, I'm glad we're up and running again.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
My guess on ID as to what the problem was, was correct!

Trace the bastard and kick his butt.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Whew! You guys had me worried. Thanks for getting back up and running.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Hellmutt at least you are still in the chat I can not join because I don't have 200 post,

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Back up just before the withdraws started to kick in. Good job

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The up side was ID had its busiest day ever
, anyways I hope ya'll get the little 7334 punk that did this and stick it to them. And I would like to thank all the ATS members that were on ID for spending time with us.

Z

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
are u guys sure it wasn't the army elite hacker crew, it's funny cuz when i was hiting site buttons to see where all the treads went and I went to MY ATS and the elite... was the first thread I saw so 2+2 must equal 3 or wait i got to add that up again.....lol

anyways good to have the site back

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Great to have the mother ship back up and running. Kudos to all. But now that you've all had a taste of ID - we hope you won't be strangers.

Bleys

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Paranoia set in. Seriously, I thought it was just me. That my IP was blocked and no one had the heart to tell me. So I kept on bloggin, and bloggin'....checking my emails to see if Simon Gray had written, telling me that I was banned due to my run-on sentences and the annoying voice singing in my blog.

Thank you !!!! Great job getting it back up!

(((((I think all the mods attended a secret Moderator Convention in Las Vegas, paid for via our ATS points, which were converted into frequent flyer miles and luxurious hotel upgrades. They shut the site down so that no one had to man the controls. For twenty-four hours they amused themselves with both male and female entertainers, Louis Vuitton edition Dom Perignon, and penny-slot machines.)))))

Seriously, though, I'm putting my $62 paycheck on Vallhall's Paisley article. Excellent work!

Dot.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ouch.

And it continues.

The elected Pope being a Hitler Youth member at the age of 9 is not a patch on the background of imposter POTUS George W Bush and how the current administration resurfaced.

The attack was most unlikely to be a "Catholic maneuver" (I forget where the "o" goes in that, please place it). And the P2 Lodge didn't order it either, they're defunct.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
All posts since 4:00 AM have been lost?

Whoever did that deserves to have their computer confiscated by the FBI. Not that the FBI is going to do anything else, they'd still be without a computer

Skeptic Overlord, methinks you need a better backup system for times like this. Like transfer the site data to a backup harddrive on the top of the hour. Then there wouldn't be nearly as much information lost in the event of a crazed hacker stumbling upon our site as we had yesterday.

And if any of my posts are missing, I'm gonna track that guy down and open a can of whoop @$$!

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Gracious mercy....Glad the site is back up now. Was worried. I'm here too much, cuz in the down hours I had nuthin to do but sit and wait, now how sad is that? Lol
Seriously though, i'm really glad we have ats back online again

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
whoa....

there I was worrying about the end of the world, last/satanic pope stuff, when something much worse occured: ATS died!!
The absence of ATS was much worse then anything else.
I felt so alone

I guess God decided to give us all a taste of hell... *shudders*

It is good to see ATS is back again!

Hopefully you will find out who did it, so you can ban his sorry uhmmm behind

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Nice work getting back online SO. Was starting to get a bit worried, pacing the floor and all that.

Pity about the posts though.

Anyway thanks for getting it all sorted!

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
paperclip: we should definitaly ban him, and also alert the FBI. Seriously, that guy deserves way much more than a simple banning. He could go over to a friends house and attack ATS again, and keep on going just like that until 10 members are banned, and they're all the same person.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
As always I'm amazed by SO's ability to get this place back up and running even in the face of malicious idiots. I dunno how you do it, but thanks. I think you can see by some of the replies in this thread how important this place is to lots of people!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join