It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In defence of psychics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I firmly believe that no one can have an opinion on a subject that they know nothing about and have never actually experienced for themselves first hand. Sceptics within the field of science and the general population that try to discredit this phenomena are threatened by it as it challenges their conditioned perceptions that they have already formed about this world.

I also feel that sceptics are making unsubstantiated viewpoints based on their own prejudices that contain the same amount of blind faith that they claim the ‘believers’ to have.

If psychic is merely ‘pseudo-science’ then that would only classify all religions as being in the same category as no form of spirituality can be scientifically proven, yet despite this there are many religious followers in the world. I have also encountered many conflicting ideas such as with hypnotherapy which is widely practiced today. This has been classified as a pseudo-science yet the inventor himself was a strict critic of pseudo-science. Have we not been told that the whole world is made up of energy, as quoted by Albert Einstein -
'Concerning matter, we have all been wrong. What we have called matter is energy, whose vibration has been so lowered as to be perceptible to the senses. There is no matter.'
This is how the spirit world vibrationally operates. This also further validates astrology and that planetary energies influence us. Does the sun not provide us with energy?

I think that science needs to stop trying to scientifically test psychic phenomena in order to prove its validity. It is an ‘interpretive art’ and not a science full stop and in many ways similar to a work of art. It can’t simply be placed in a Petri-dish, labelled and stuck on a shelf in the Hunterian Museum. Real art originates from the spirit and mind; it can’t be labelled and put into a box. No one tries to scientifically prove art, it exists in our world as does the world of spirit.

People also need to refer back to practitioners like Rudolf Steiner who during the 1920’s emphasized the importance of the physical, mental and spiritual bodies being in perfect balance with each other. Alternative spiritual practises are meant to be complimentary and were never intended to be a replacement of medical science.

I feel it unfair that our very spiritual nature should be denied just because of science's sceptical opinion. The human race embraces the psychic world already and I’m sure it will only increase over time.

edit on 25-2-2014 by LouiseCTaylor because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2014 by LouiseCTaylor because: edit

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Since the dawn of humanity......we have held latent talents, and qualities within, that we ourselves didn't know about or understand.
What is so impossible, (Given the rise of quantum mechanics) that we can categorically deny the hidden and unknown ways we gather input data yet do not quite grasp the mechanisms of that transmission.....?
To deny the possibilities is to imprison humanity.........................

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LouiseCTaylor

I think that science needs to stop generalising and trying to scientifically test psychic phenomena in order to prove its validity.

I see you are relatively new here, but if you would have bothered to search the threads of ATS you would have found this.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Science has pretty much conclusively proved the existence of psychic phenomenon.

Welcome
edit on 25-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Alright fair play. I'm just standing on my soapbox :-) I guess science can't deny these things any longer. Also, I'm not having a dig at the science world - I think it's great. I just get wound up by the debunkers I've come across on my travels.

Performed 'spirit rescue' for some world war 2 soldiers & red indian warriors from 'Custer's last stand' tonight - curtesey of 'Red Wing' & 'winds blow through buffalo'

HUZZAH

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Orthodox science and skepticism are both religions complete with their high priests who are quoted and deferred to like prophets of the bible.
Religions with the blinders on they ignore all that is inconvenient to their stance.
edit on 25-2-2014 by Shirak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Get your best psychic you can find and get him to tell me what object i have on my desk...you can't because its BS.
You want to defend these people....I want to challenge you and them.

Since you are ranting i won't take this too seriously but think about it for a minute....can you or a psychic take my challenge and win??

You can pretend they are real....I'll just show you that they aren't and that it is a new age dummy type of science.

Any takers....a few here have admitted they have these abilities (which I almost roll out of my chair laughing at)...put up or shut up.

So my post is about...in defence of people who think this is garbage.
Come at me.

I bet ya won't as most psychics already have an excuse why it didn't work....not very scientific.

i am not worried about the people who admit they have no clue....i am worried about the ones who claim they do have a clue and seem to know things while others don't,yet still can't help others get a clue.

edit on 25-2-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Well my friend. Thanx for your post. One thing that people need to know about psychic abilities is that you don't have control over what information you get given or who comes through to talk to us. It's not a case of 'Oh I would love to talk to Great-aunty so and so. Spirit don't work like that. The messages we get are random although we can ask them questions to probe and find out information.
The 2 levels are working on a psychic level / mediumistic level. I could psychically read you and tell you what you have been doing during the day but it would still be down to what I receive rather than 'lets find out what that person has stored in their briefcase' etc. I think people have a total misconception of how psychic works.
Judging by the table tipping exercises happening in my circle last night - it definitely does exist.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I wish it was real, so much so that I've been to and paid so called psychics who supposedly had excellent reputations yet I could see right through them, they were just feeding off hooks I was giving them, clever psychology was all it was, the readings would have had an effect on the vulnerable who want to believe their loved ones are still alive in some form so much so that they're willing to believe anything. I've even done a few ouija boards to no avail, demons my arse.

So, you have someone like me who's ready to believe yet still I find there's nothing even nearing conclusive proof, all any of these psychics needed to do was tell me something they couldn't have known, that would have been something but no, nothing.

Conclusion?

Farcical delusions, that's based on my disappointment and research and still not knowing if there's life after death.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

I feel for you with your disappointment. I agree there are probably many psychics out there trying to swizz people which is a shame as it gives the psychics doing it for real a bad name. I hope you meet more sincere ones in the future. I personally don't really care too much about hearing from my deceased loved ones, I just like being able to spook people out :-) One always needs a good party trick!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Same for me about contacting dead people but it was just a way to see if I could obtain my own personal proof of life after death, knowing this would mean the universe to me. The trouble is, I can't believe in it just because I want to, I need proof otherwise it's all down to faith just like religion, which I also place no stock in.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

edit on 20-4-2014 by LouiseCTaylor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LouiseCTaylor

Also meant to add - I certainly don't think that the science world have the answers to everything. That's for sure!

top topics

join