It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Here's Homer jr pounding away

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I hope you didn't teach him that two handed technique. C'mon Homer, teach 'em young...but teach 'em right.

Of course most kids would not even be involved with updating their room. This spring you get him to start refurbishing the deck.

Now that I think about it...maybe that's why my Father starting teaching me so young, so he could kick back and supervise. Smart man!
(I can't believe it took me over three decades to figure that one out.
)
edit on 2-3-2014 by TDawgRex because: Spelling! Always with the big fat fingas! Crap!

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Sorry...no 'Nanas this time around, they were to ripe and I would be tossing the ones I didn't eat within the week. But I did get a bunch of Granny Smiths. I love those and they last longer! Does Sophie do apples?

As predicted, the food prices are continuing to rise. I spent nearly $250.00 and only managed about two weeks of food, mostly homegrown/organic. Though I did stock up on a ton of spring cleaning supplies and that was pricey as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Jacy....here's your Bureaubeastie before....

Now look at it.....

Just need Gordi to move it to the Shed now!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

That's pretty colorful. But I have to ask, since I'm a hardwood fan.

Was the bureau made from solid wood or was the face laminate?

If it was laminate, I could see doing that. But if it were solid wood, you have made me sad.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I'm going to sadden you...it is solid oak

That's why I put the before picture up....it was bashed, battered, falling to pieces.
I've had to get new hinges, fix it, fill it and then paint it. The thing is....if it had been in mint condition, I wouldn't have done anything to it. Also a lot of what we call 'brown' furniture in this country end up on bonfires and land fill. Most bureaus get shabby chic'ed....this did not want to be shabby'd.
I'm just waiting for cody to come along and slap me....but at least I know I have saved it from the tip!
I have refurbed, up-cycled all sorts from boats (varnish aaaaargh!) to photo frames....and if wood is good, I just polish it. But there is so much good quality furniture that just gets chucked out it makes me sick because it's just 'not in fashion'.
This is chalk based paint btw....so can be sanded off easy peasy when 'brown' becomes the new 'in'.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

angelchemuel

This is chalk based paint btw....so can be sanded off easy peasy when 'brown' becomes the new 'in'.

Rainbows
Jane

Thank Dawg for that! I've tried to reclaim hardwood after being painted with Oil or colored stain/varnish. It can't be done. Not without a lot of damage.

But at least you did what you could do. It's found a new lease on life.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Evening all.
Just popping in to say Hi!

I was away for the weekend, at our holiday flat, on a little Island, off the west coast of Scotland.

I Had hoped to pop back in here on Friday, but I just couldn't get away from work, ...then had to go to PICK UP MY NEW CAR!! (finally took the plunge and "Scooby" is no more.... BUT I now have "SMUDGER" in my life!!! LOL)
....then had to head straight off for the ferry to get to our holiday place, without even going home to change/pack or say "tata!"!!

Even had to get my wife to take my wee travel drumkit down with her... so that I could go straight to band rehearsal (complete with drumkit) this afternoon directly from our holiday flat, so I'm not long home now, and am completely exhausted!

Loved catching up on the thread, Sooooooooooo glad that you're all still here!
(I Was actually quite upset when I left here on... when was it Thursday?? Jings!)

[[[[[[[Jane]]]]]]] Am Loving the bureaubeastie!
You have brought her(?) to life!!
[[[[[[Jacy]]]]]] Brilliant that you have managed to pull all of the various perspectives together!! A Job WELL DONE!

So, I shall say goodnight fellow "warriors"

Thank you! To everyone who was "checking out of the window" for me coming back!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by HomerinNC

I hope you didn't teach him that two handed technique. C'mon Homer, teach 'em young...but teach 'em right.

Of course most kids would not even be involved with updating their room. This spring you get him to start refurbishing the deck.

Now that I think about it...maybe that's why my Father starting teaching me so young, so he could kick back and supervise. Smart man!
(I can't believe it took me over three decades to figure that one out.
)
edit on 2-3-2014 by TDawgRex because: Spelling! Always with the big fat fingas! Crap!

No I didnt teach him that, but he was using my framer's hammer which was a little heavy for him to use, gotta pick him up a 12 oz hammer soon

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Snow sending failure...

All I got was rain. Lots of rain.

Good day though, just got back. I hope you all had a lovely day!

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Good lord!

What a stunning and uplifting transformation! Bloody fine job Jane! That's really livened up that bureau! The colour scheme is wonderful!

Smashing!

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Hi True and Gordi....thank you both ( )
Hope you had a good day 'in town' True.....and you sound like you had a spiffing week end away Gordi....you'll be needing the week off to recover then! lol!

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 2-3-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I had a lovely day, that is for damned sure. It was a very chilled out day, no rushing about, no surprises, just a peaceful and tranquil day... Apart from the rain of course, which has been pretty much sideways since I started my journey homeward from my pals place. Nice and refreshing it was too when the wind carried a litre of water directly onto my face when I opened by buddies front door!

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I definitely like the color scheme on this!

I'd help Gordi move it to the shed, but I'm afraid it might pull a vanishing act into my own apartment, as I could do with a little more color in here.

And TrueBrit, I'd take the rain over snow anyday - Today was a day of sneezing, staying indoors, and writing. The fact that it was also snowing provided further encouragement to do all three. I guess cooking should be in the mix too, as I made sweet potatoes and mushrooms tonight.

-fos

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I prefer antique or antique reproduction dark wood furniture myself, but you did a fine job on the desk Jane.

Homer, it's great that you have your son helping you.
Gordi , glad you had a nice vacation.
True and whoever else asked for snow, we have more coming. I am so sick of snow and Winter!

Lot of pain today and had to do my Mom's laundry and her dishes. Guess my own laundry will have to wait. OW, ow,,ow! Pain even with pain pills, that sucks royally. I don't ask for anything stronger because it would probably make me sleep and have more side affects. I'm on enough that make me drowzy as it is. So I suffer through. I don't remember what it feels like to be pain free. Seriously!

Watched some sad movies that brought up memories and I cried like like a baby. Not a very good day for me I'm afraid.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

GOOOOOD MORNING!

The sun is out, the temperature is back in single figures (on the proper measure, not the elsewherefangled one), and things are looking good! I have my Super HD eyeballs in today, because everything seems so much clearer than it did yesterday!

Funny how a whole heap of rain, followed by a clear morning can lend a nice sharp edge to things! Perhaps today will be a good day for sharpening other things!? I hope I get to do some shears today. It's been a while since someone came in to get their garden gear sharpened.

Night Star... I'm sorry you are in pain

*gentle hugs*

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by fossilera

Morning foss....thank you. Funnily somebody pointed out the two candlesticks that I'd popped on the top went with the theme

Morning Night....I agree, but this was so far gone it would have ended on the tip....

Morning True....beautiful day here too....might just get myself out into the garden....

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 3-3-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

It's a lovely fresh morning for it!

I miss having a garden. Turning earth, pulling weeds, barbecuing. Ahh I miss that.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Jane I absolutely love it! The colours go so well! You must have put soooo many hours into creating it. That is definitely worth the wait. Bravo! You have giving a dead bureux a new life.

Hiya Everyone!

Good morning. How are you you all this fine Monday? If anyone want's to come over and do my spring cleaning so I can sit and write I'd be much obliged.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Sorry Tsu, but marigolds and a can of polish just is not in my remit today !
I spent most of winter doing my own bits and bobs, putting up shelves, cleaning my room and organising it so it's easier to sort when it gets messy... so I will be happy enough if I do not see another bit of cleaning kit for a season!

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join