It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexico begins training cops to use more deadly force, not less

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This is rather disturbing, actually it's really disturbing. New Mexico's Law Enforcement Academy's director doesn't think that cops are being taught to use enough deadly force. What?!? This is the place where a cop will open fire on a minivan full of kids or shoot women in the back of the head for evading a traffic stop.

Not only does the director think the police don't use enough deadly force obviously they are getting to much training in other areas as well. Solution? Cut training time from 22 weeks down to 16 weeks. What could possibly go wrong? Look out New Mexico.

Oh yeah, want to take a look at this new super duper training? Not a chance, the director says he'll burn it before letting anyone outside of law enforcement see it. Burn it? Really?

New Mexico begins training cops to use more deadly force, not less

NEW MEXICO — All new police cadets will be trained to use more deadly force, thanks to a new curriculum by director of the state’s Law Enforcement Academy.

That training emphasis will take place in a cadet program that has been shortened by six full weeks. Jack Jones, a retired Army colonel, was granted sole authority by the LEA over the training curriculum given to all of New Mexico’s new recruits.

He says the old model was too restrictive with the use of deadly force. “Evil has come to the state of New Mexico. Evil has come to the Southwest. Evil has come to the United States,” Jones said to the Santa Fe New Mexican.

Well, he's right about one thing. Evil has come to New Mexico and this is it.

When journalists filed an official request for a copy the academy’s new curriculum, Jones refused, “I’ll burn them before you get them,” he told The New Mexican.

edit on 813pm3535pm122014 by Bassago because: add burning documents threat

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Why not simply hire the Blackwater boys....................they are already trained killers
edit on 21-2-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

stirling
Why not simply hire the Blackwater boys....................they are already trained killers

I'm thinking too expensive or the Blackwater guys have too much training.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Publish LEO's home addresses so the citizens can receive proper representation and voice their concerns.

Of course the next phase in this police state progression is full face masks. That's coming soon with some more excuses about LEO safety. Then walled camps where the Facists and their families will live to ensure their security.

I've begun not to care about LEO's safety at all. They are thugs for Fascist elites.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Is there actually a reputable news agency reporting this?
I'd be more inclined to believe the story if so.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
When things turn sour and innocents are killed they have someone to blaime... training and the guy who made that training possible.. they need a scapegoat.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

grey580
reply to post by Bassago

Is there actually a reputable news agency reporting this?
I'd be more inclined to believe the story if so.

From the article I first linked.

New police training puts fewer limits on use of force

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Bassago,

Like I needed my blood pressure any higher than it already is?!

So....I have been reading about the implementation of less than lethal "weapons" that started to creep into law enforcement back in the 90's....what the widespread use of these has caused (more deployment of weapons)

and now you are saying they are getting trained to us deadly force more often....

with the increase in over-all weapons deployment and now the turn to deadly force....I think this is a mixture for nastiness

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
delete
edit on 2/21/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
and soon they will be riding motorbikes and doing away with the judicial system as it is....a new age will be apon us "judge dredd" style

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

So....I have been reading about the implementation of less than lethal "weapons" that started to creep into law enforcement back in the 90's....what the widespread use of these has caused (more deployment of weapons)

More weapons is right. The Tazer guns were supposed to reduce the need for lethal force giving the cops a better way to stop less dangerous people (the citizens not packing weapons.) Unfortunately the Tazer now seems to only be used as a crowd control method or just for torture.

Of course to offset these non-lethal weapon cops now carry automatic rifles and have an APC handy "just in case." Don't get me started on the drones which are unarmed (for now.)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The collective paranoia, among the authorities, that there is a threat behind every bush is totally out of control. As is the willingness of the elected officials who FUND them to believe every cry about wolves for more, to make it all happen.

It's boys and their toys with no adult supervision to tell the children no when they ask for too much. They just keep getting blank checks if they keep coming up with scary numbers and even scarier stories of 'almost/could have beens' too secret to say more or whatever.

It's really something to watch. The outcome may be 1984, but it's the South Park kids let loose in an international arms bizzare in terms of seemingly buying or taking training for anything that looks 'cool', if there is even a remote possibility on an outside chance, some 5th Tuesday of the month on a full moon, something might just be plotted about to happen.

It sounds to me like people with entirely too much money. Perhaps some cyrpus haircuts would tighten their attitudes toward such wasteful spending.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The collective paranoia, among the authorities, that there is a threat behind every bush is totally out of control.

That part I can totally agree to and if they keep going this way there will be a threat behind every bush. Not as sure about the funding (except the stuff the DHS gives them.) From what I've read a lot of the police departments are struggling to make ends meet. Then again maybe that's because the want to spend money on god knows what IDK.

But can anyone really say these guys (in the video) need LESS training and more encouragement to shoot at people? I don't think anyone except their crazy directory of the training academy thinks so.

edit on 321am3131am122014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
and soon they will be riding motorbikes and doing away with the judicial system as it is....a new age will be apon us "judge dredd" style

That prediction sent a chill down my spine.At least Dredd had Character!Too many roid-raged legal criminals obviously lack this trait.
edit on CSTSatam6161 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Truly a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach .

And a feeling the future is not bright

When push comes to shove

Shove back

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The collective paranoia, among the authorities, that there is a threat behind every bush is totally out of control.

That part I can totally agree to and if they keep going this way there will be a threat behind every bush. Not as sure about the funding (except the stuff the DHS gives them.) From what I've read a lot of the police departments are struggling to make ends meet. Then again maybe that's because the want to spend money on god knows what IDK.

But can anyone really say these guys (in the video) need LESS training and more encouragement to shoot at people? I don't think anyone except their crazy directory of the training academy thinks so.

edit on 321am3131am122014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

oh my thats how to deal with a mom and her kids ?....by the looks of that all the training in the world will not help that kind of mentality...the copper shooting at the back of the van what a numnuts.....and had he killed one of the kids he would have been put on paid leave due to trauma...what a world

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Just a side note...but I notice a lot of mention lately about "Paid Leave" or "Paid Vacation" when a shooting or other incident happens. It's not a police department or other agency that chooses to put them on paid leave. That's union regulations they aren't given an option about but flat told how it's going to be or they can have labor problems and strikes. As many cases have shown, the merit or lack of it for a case makes absolutely no difference to the union regs and it's one place in life where innocent until proven guilty is taken to such extremes, even the founding fathers might say WTF?!.

Such is life tho..and credit or blame where it's due. Short of a felony committed on a stage before a room full of people (and even that may not be enough), it's paid administrative leave whether it appears a clean shooting or the worst case of murderous abuse we've seen come down the pike.

Gotta love labor issues, eh?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Anybody else reckon the Jack Jones character needs to be fully investigated?

Associations, clubs, ties to industry especially the MID, and other sensitive areas would probably yield significant information, enough to warrant getting him kicked out on his deranged arse i would guess.

Anyone with that much crazy going on upstairs, is bound to have to push the doors on his closet very hard just to shut the thing.

Open his closet and expose the skeletons and expel the crazy, before it has a chance to take root proper in the policing.

Any amateur investigators (or pros) up to taking this loon on?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Does this supreme court ruling apply to everyone? Can individuals use deadly force if they "believe the suspect might do serious physical injury or kill an officer or another person?"

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Can individuals use deadly force if they "believe the suspect might do serious physical injury or kill an officer or another person?

Many states have the stand your ground law which should suffice. For cops, apparently only in Indiana as far as I can tell although there was just another case recently where the cop was shot by someone who thought there was a home invasion going on. As far as I'm concerned every no-knock door smashing cop invasion should be considered a home invasion.

Indiana Allows Self-Defense Against Unlawful Police Violence

We need laws like this in all 50 states.

edit on 407am2727am22014 by Bassago because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join