It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexico begins training cops to use more deadly force, not less

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by greencmp

Can individuals use deadly force if they "believe the suspect might do serious physical injury or kill an officer or another person?

Many states have the stand your ground law which should suffice. For cops, apparently only in Indiana as far as I can tell although there was just another case recently where the cop was shot by someone who thought there was a home invasion going on. As far as I'm concerned every no-knock door smashing cop invasion should be considered a home invasion.

Indiana Allows Self-Defense Against Unlawful Police Violence

We need laws like this in all 50 states.

Bravo Mr. Daniels! That is very good news though, I wouldn't have thought it necessary to pass such specific legislation, silly me!

Really, I was just being sarcastic, my point was to suggest that the precedential criteria was rather loose. One might argue that just about anyone might "do serious physical injury to someone else" in the future. Perhaps the most likely "suspect" to fit this description might very well be a power crazed officer. Especially one that "must be able to do 31 sit-ups and 29 push-ups in no more than a minute."

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Great. Just what we need. More cops without leashes and muzzles.

For some reason, what we consider excessive force now will become standard in the future. I really don't see any government investigative body trying to stop it. Fox guarding the henhouse, and all that.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Reserving my comments for another time. :/

edit on 23-2-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join