It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Girlfriend is Stranded...HELP

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
She's gonna make it home fine...

You have to have a warm bath drawn with candles, a box of chocolates, and a bottle of wine.

Do what is within your abilities so that when you are together, you can help erase the days events.

That's what will matter by days end?

For future reference?

edit on (2/14/1414 by loveguy because: add vids

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by parad0x122

There is nothing you can do except keep it touch with her and offer her reassurance that the emergency services will get it cleared as soon as they can , I know it doesn't help much but to risk going out there and getting stuck on the way makes no sense.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Just sit tight.
We had 4 inches of snow on the back deck yesterday morning.
Today warmer air has moved and in even the yard is clear.
I didn't say anything about the drive to work yesterday; interesting would cover it.
As long as she doen't run out of gas, she may be cold but relief is on the way.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

loveguy
She's gonna make it home fine...

You have to have a warm bath drawn with candles, a box of chocolates, and a bottle of wine.

Do what is within your abilities so that when you are together, you can help erase the days events.

That's what will matter by days end?

Definitely! Boy, I thought I'd be doing this just to be sweet on Valentine's day but... I suppose there's nothing quite like a warm bath and a bottle of vino to erase the memory for being stranded on the highway for hours!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I would be insanely upset if I was you OP. If you live within 10 miles of where she is right now you should have taken some supplies and walked to her car and sat with her. I feel bad for both of you. I've been trapped in traffic for an hour or two and I know it can make you feel so crazy, because you're so powerless and all the amenities you're used to having are no longer available to you. Where is she going to the bathroom etc? She's probably going to be traumatized from this, so please create a gentle and comforting place for her to come back to, and be extra nice and comforting to her this weekend. Don't make her go anywhere or do anything and don't argue with her about anything.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

RocksFromSpace
So everyone knew a massive storm was on the way, and your girlfriend goes out for a drive... Is she a Blonde

The storm was already passed and the roads weren't bad this morning, so everyone, not just a select few were going about their day as usual. Unfortunately, some of us have jobs to do that support the society around us. It was due to black ice popping up that caused the accident, which can't really be predicted. And no she's not blonde, you tool.

Do you not have anything better to do with your life then troll a forum and post snide & rude comments attacking people's loved ones? Get a life, loser.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

Thanks Socrato, that's exactly what I'm saying! I'm glad some people on here have compassion running through their veins. Needless to say, I'm going to be EXTRA comforting when she does get back from this..I know I would be pretty stir crazy after an ordeal like that myself.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Definitely! Boy, I thought I'd be doing this just to be sweet on Valentine's day but... I suppose there's nothing quite like a warm bath and a bottle of vino to erase the memory for being stranded on the highway for hours!

There's gotta be more to it than just a warm bath and wine.. use your INSTINCT, man!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Ahaha, oh there's definitely more plans, indeed.
Gotta keep it G-rated on here though, just in case ;-) Dinner, candlelight, some good vino... from there, whatever the lady wants/needs

I'll just be glad to have her home safe and sound, I'm a nervous wreck over here..

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Good luck to her... I'm sure she will be fine. Miserable and pissed when she gets home (lucky you) but it doesn't sound like she's in mortal danger.

To everyone criticizing her for going out in the snow: guess what? Snow is a way of life in some places, like Pennsylvania or Michigan where I'm from. You are expected to go to work or carry on with your daily business, even if you get 6-8 inches. I meant snow pervs.

Weve had over 70 some odd inches of snow here in Metro Detroit so far since Jan. 1. If we all just stayed home we wouldn't get anything done and we certainly wouldnt have jobs. Its just the way of life here.

edit on 14-2-2014 by Kgdetroit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I wish I could help! I am in CT. not much better here....My Wife me and my daughter always carry emergency blankets, energy water a shovel, Flares, and first aid kits in their cars.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kgdetroit

EXACTLY, well said Kgdetroit. Thanks for the backup! How are you guys fairing up there? I'm hearing on the news that they're expecting more snow on Saturday, then supposedly a break for about a week here.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I didn't notice your embedded video until now, that's really handy! Thanks for the video, I'm definitely going to whip up a few of those over the weekend. Our area is pretty susceptible to power outages as well, so this could come in hand in the event that we lost heat too.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

try to drive out there if you want ..
reply to post by freedomSlave

I don't think thats a good idea....may just end up with both of them stranded. Besides the fact that there are emergency vehicles that will need to use the roads...best to not compound the problem by adding another stuck vehicle.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I'm so sorry your girlfriend is out in this mess OP. I've watched the footage of the pileup since 8:30 this morning. As the camera panned mile after mile my eyes filled with tears. I'm so happy she is okay and healthy. Just lend your support over the phone and give her any reassurance she needs that this will pass over the next several hours. I know they're working like mad to help the injured, take reports and move the passable cars out of the way. Just have lots of hugs, kleenex and a good backrub waiting for your Valentine when she gets home. She's going to be stressed, exhausted and possibly very hungry. But don't be surprised if food is the furthest thing from her mind given what she has seen. It was very hard to watch on the tv - I can't imagine how someone there must feel. Possibly a mix of feeling very blessed to be alive and extremely traumatized.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Bring supplies. A thurmos with some coffee or hot chocolate will help. Bring some clothes for her to wear as well. A nice scarff, and some mittons, and a hat. Just get as close as possible, walk the rest of the way and give her that care pakage...you will score some major points and keep her company untill she can give you a ride back to your car.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it. I feel so bad for those who were directly involved, it sounded like some serious carnage out there. After I spoke to her, she told me that there was only one tractor trailer between her and the end of the 50-100+ car pileup in front of her...had she left merely 5 minutes earlier... I'd like to not think about that.

She said that it was really terrifying, because there was so many cars strewn about in all directions they couldn't even find landing room for the MedEvac helicopters to land. Emergency personnel were walking around with wax crayons, using a color coding system to code people cars as to the extent of their injuries.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

She will be fine.
Don't go out there.
Keep in touch, but keep the calls short to save the cell phone battery charge.

One other thing..Carbon Monoxide...
Just make sure she is alert to running the car engine while sitting in it.
Don't do it for too long, make sure the tailpipe is clear.
Perhaps even standing outside of the car, while the engine and heat are running..
Warming it up, then getting back inside.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Thanks spacedoubt, I did exactly just that. I advised her to turn off all radios on her phone aside from 3G Data to conserve battery. I also had her take a walk every half hour or so to check on the situation / get some fresh air.

I really am taken back by how big/positive a response this post has created...I actually feel better. I thought for sure I would be flamed for being a worry-wort, but feeling powerless to help those you care about is just awful. Thanks for the support ATS family, you guys are the best!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Being stranded is not what she is, she is not helpless or cut off from civilization. Chill out.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join