It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland's Gun Laws -Tip of The Iceberg

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The Irish Police (Gardai) have started making moves to begin the banning of certain guns including pistols, semi automatic rifles and shotguns. As we have seen in the US, this is just the start of a road to a complete ban on guns. Unfortunately in Ireland, the population seem to have lost the will to fight as has been shown in the recent years with the uncontested introduction of draconian austerity measures leaving many homeless and/or debt enslaved for life, so this too will go uncontested. In Ireland guns are not held for self defense or protection, merely for hunting and target shooting. There has never been a case of a gun owner going on a shooting spree. The same argument goes in Ireland as does in the US, why take guns from good sporting citizens when the bad guys don't have or care about licenses.

Irish Game Keepers

All_Truth_Soon

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by All_Truth_Soon

As far as im aware.. semi automatic rifles and pistols have always been banned in ireland.. The laws are pretty much the same as the uk.. This argument is completely different to the American one.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
soon as they feel the past reverberating and rebounding upon them they will find that government is as wildfire. tis a faithful servant and a fearful master. will america go soft? i remember hearing about scotland going soft then later on prima noctem rubbing the poor the wrong way then the ones fire in their belly hardening their hearts, bitter by the cold and ankles bleeding from shcakles of power hungry kings regained a reason to fight. maybe they'll figure things out before the sons ireland kneel before their leaders blind to the chopping block that is the u.n. may the gleam of the sun shining off bayonets blind thine enemy, and the barrels fireball warn all ye who try to conquer the Óglaigh na america, that without fear or emotion we will dig in deep and move fast. many a legion are we, all from warrior races from celts, to zulus to greeks to spartans, to pirates to vikings to samurai, Maori, apache, sioux, blackfoot, cree, rajput, etc how much ancestral knowledge do we keep from our ancestors? will our inherent instinct to test ourselves against the elements against scorched earth, wolves tracking the scent of gangrenous battle wounds, wolves many in number just as packs of raiders on a farming village for it's produce. america won't give it's guns up and if officially they did, then maybe time is nigh for lawlessness if the laws are unenforceable lest the ruling class prepare to give up it's seat of power for exile but even then their crimes may dwarf that of cold war proxy engagements or even that of the axis of wwII or the belligerents of the world war before that one. let the ones who let fear of weapons trump past the logical fear of vehicle or tool but when the fear of weapons such as guns will leave the highly adaptable, and sometimes most cunning of all creatures using thumbs to revert to a whitehorse state of mind. far too wild to supress, not crazy enough to get stupid, and wilderness survival is a common hobby. we see past all the classical elevated themes, get our hands, and minds dirty, and sometimes obtain a primal and sometimes feral state of mind. due to the ways of interpersonal drama, factions within factions within factions facestepping all the way up the ladders of industry, we are very guarded about how people run things in some areas. nobody in my neck of the woods sees disarmament as a possibility due to acknowledgement of criminal elements of the government, the flora and fauna of the wilds, the tide of discussion of interpersonal drama leading hostile between individuals, factoring in with notions of not being able to trust neither government nor new people. i had to know my drummer a year and a half before i called him friend for example and that was a long time after he pulled me out of a few jams. i trust my instincts, my accuracy, and ability to regroup during utmost chaos, more than anybody close to me and even then they will just die when they are 80 or 103 and should appear to be in the moment only to them. i sleep but astral travel outside my body just to watch over everything around me. i don't even think anybody half as crazy as me would in their right mind at least that i know would have the ability to surrender that which is as important as as useful as any other implement for combat or food gathering. ryukyu kobudo anybody?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Please click this link. It will help all involved.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mason mike

can i get a funny link?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

Apparently not ... quote from the submission document ...

At present, the Gardai have submitted proposals to the Minister for Justice seeking new legislation to ban almost all handguns which are currently licensed, including centre fire and most of those .22 calibres which are on the Garda Commissioner’s list of unrestricted handguns. In addition, the proposals seek the banning of all pump action and semi-automatic shotguns which are capable of holding more than three rounds and all semi-automatic centre fire rifles.

edit on 7-2-2014 by All_Truth_Soon because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2014 by All_Truth_Soon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by All_Truth_Soon

a crime against humanity

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think with social media and how quick it is to assemble people governments are worried about the economical collapse that may or may not happen. You would be able to assemble a militia in minutes....so do you destroy social media which is also a benefit to the gov to track us...or do you destroy guns.

edit: Im all for the public keeping their guns....I cant think of a case where a country overthrew a dictatorship without outside help and no weapons.
edit on 7-2-2014 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

rockoperawriter
reply to post by Mason mike

can i get a funny link?

You got it.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Mason mike
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Please click this link. It will help all involved.

TY!
I took one look at that grammar nightmare of a post and thought about linking the same thing.

edit on 7-2-2014 by rangerdanger because: spells

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Somehow i have faith in the people of Ireland.....i dont think they will give up their weapons as easily as the pussy whipped Brits.....
In fact i am hoping they will use those same tools to throw off the chains of British rule and regain their independance.
Ala Icelands example.....The banks rule the western world.
In fact i have hopes the rest of us may also do the same....

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

stirling
Somehow i have faith in the people of Ireland.....i dont think they will give up their weapons as easily as the pussy whipped Brits.....
In fact i am hoping they will use those same tools to throw off the chains of British rule and regain their independance.

Ain't this the southern Irish who are their own sovereign nation completely ? so the chains of British rule are well and truly thrown off decades ago so trying to blame the Brits for gun laws is like blaming us Brits for your problems in the 1850's on that side of the pond

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is what I don't get.

What is the point of Gun Laws ?

WHAT ?

Every country already has laws against murder.

So someone explain to me the 'sense' of creating another law people aren't going to follow ?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The NWO wants, as they say ''Complete and General Disarmament ''[of the people and Nations] ,after they rid these ''evil inanimate objects ''from the World, which they blame, and will blame for all the wars, terrorism ,murders of people ,children etc ,THEN, they will turn their attention to certain groups ,religions,races,preppers,etc who they will then Blame ! for the worlds problems, and start to Eradicate them ,so all these naive do gooders who think they will be safe now from the ''evil guns'' now that they are gone,will find themselves potentially being hunted ,put into camps and terminated as a threat to world peace and security

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

stirling

FYI - as has been pointed out - this Thread is about Eire, you know, the Republic of Ireland. They've been independent since 1922, so personally I would rather be a "pussy whipped Brit" (whatever the hell that is) than some idiotic Yank that couldn't find his own country on a map, much less know anything about any others.

Secondly, guns are not banned in the UK, not that most of us give a toss anyway as there has never been a gun-toting, shoot first, pick up the popcorn later culture here.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Secondly, guns are not banned in the UK, not that most of us give a toss anyway as there has never been a gun-toting, shoot first, pick up the popcorn later culture here.

Was that suppose to be an insult ?

The British empire was forged by the barrel of a gun.

Never been ?

Guess they shouldn't have made them 'popcorn' places 'gun free'.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

At the risk of going wayyyyy off topic, the British Empire was largely forged with underhanded treachery, sneakiness and pitting people against each other. Very rarely did we actually go in an "conquer" somewhere directly, it was much better to have them conquer themselves for us...

And no, it wasn't meant as an "insult", it was a statement of fact

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
That Is a bummer for other countries like Ireland
However, the Stock markets cannot allow Laws like that to
overturn Current gun rights in the US.. It would be the end
of the cash cow for a long time as the American revolution
would destroy world markets..
The American Desire for its gun rights far supersedes the wishes of the cowards in
the oval office, its pawns and minions.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Its only an idea to be put before the government in Eire, but theres a world of difference between the two countries and a lot of history around firearms so comparing the two is rather daft as theres probably a member on ATS who lives in Texas who owns more land than Eire just for parking his 4x4 suv

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Maxatoria
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Its only an idea to be put before the government in Eire, but theres a world of difference between the two countries and a lot of history around firearms so comparing the two is rather daft as theres probably a member on ATS who lives in Texas who owns more land than Eire just for parking his 4x4 suv

Im just enforcing the statement in the OP authors last sentence.
It is not a comparison of countries.
We live in a world where there are those that believe they have a personal right to take others
things and the lives of others.. And a right to protect ones self and belongings should be for Everyone.
Even Ireland, England and Australia.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join