It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The movies they HAVEN'T made.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Urantia1111

proob4
reply to post by nixie_nox

I for one have allways wanted to see a film adaptation of William J johnstones "Out of the ashes"
Also a sequel to Spawn would be nice.

On another note you will know the end is near when they make a theatrical movie of Gilligans Island. Yikes!
edit on 2/6/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

I believe I recently heard they ARE considering a Gilligan movie. I'll check Google in a minute.

There's a Stephen King short story called 'The Long Walk' which I always thought would make a great movie. So many of his end up as made-for-tv garbage though.

How about a remake of 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind'? One of the very few alien movies in which the aliens aren't waging a campaign of human extermination.

ETA new Gillgan movie in casting nowish...
edit on 6-2-2014 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

That's funny I thought about the long walk myself, just didnt post it. That was actually a short story in the Bachman books. Stephen King under a pen name. Good story. Just seen a movie recently called "the human race" which reminded me of the long walk. You should check it out.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
L.Ron.Hubbard's Mission Earth books would make a awesome movie too.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

lostbook

I always like a movie called the "Princess Bride." I think that would make a great remake. I would also like to see Jackie Chan and Burt Reynolds reunite for another Cannon Ball Run movie.

NO NO NO!

You do NOT remake the Princess Bride! Some movies you just can't touch.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Xenogears..
Nietzsche, Freud, Jung..
Main character has MPD with retrograde amnesia, giant piloted robots, flying cities at war, nanomachines, people made completely out of nanomachines, past lives, recycled humans, original humans' minds conserved in machine, religions blanketing corrupt agendas. The list goes on...the main antagonist is God...or whatever being it was that caused human life to crash land on the planet.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Jarring
Xenogears..
Nietzsche, Freud, Jung..
Main character has MPD with retrograde amnesia, giant piloted robots, flying cities at war, nanomachines, people made completely out of nanomachines, past lives, recycled humans, original humans' minds conserved in machine, religions blanketing corrupt agendas. The list goes on...the main antagonist is God...or whatever being it was that caused human life to crash land on the planet.

Sounds like a series ready to happen.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

well, it's an old squaresoft game, it was supposedly episode 6, or that's what it said at the credits.
namco took it over and started with the xenosaga game series, but i was very disappointed with it. i had so many expectations for it. Oh well, I would like to see it on tv or in a movie.. the story of the original was beyond good.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Dan Simmons Hyperion!
I wanna see The Shrike in action!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The Running Man redone with The Rock, and someone gritty like Michael Mann. I think it's a genius idea that was wasted on a mediocre director.

The Incredible Shrinking Man done with modern technology. Not to steal Ant-Man's thunder. Maybe get really creepy or tripping with it. Terry Gilliam kind of movie.

Wizard of Oz as something a lot closer to the book. Make the characters weirder. Don't go for the same style.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by marvinthemartian

Ya, even just Magician (Apprentice/Master) would be incredible. I still gotta go with serpent war for the monk, though. I mean, he gets the last word in the first book (Anyone want an orange?), and then pretty much ends the war single handed... by giving away the main character's Duchy... good stuff.

Jimmy had a great role in the old DOS rpg they made, if you didn't know about that. Still one of the best crpgs ever made imo. They made a sequel too, but I don't think that one is abandon-ware (yet) so might be hard to find.

The first one is abandon-ware though, you can get it here: Betrayal at Krondor, Abandonia

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

combatmaster

Ok... So there's this movie thats 'B' grade. Made in 2007. I honestly dont know why Hollywood hasnt made a remake of this.

It's called 'The man from earth'.

It is one of the most original and thought provoking storylines i have ever heard in a movie (or a book for that matter).

The movie consists of a few highly educated characters sitting in a room conversing with eachother. I know, it sounds pathetic and boring.... but watch the first 15 mins of this movie and you will be hooked until the end! I promise.

Check it out here

edit on 2014-02-06T10:27:16-06:00201402bam2802am1628 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

This Movie is Fantastic ! I have it

it has many themes .. Well written well Acting

Actor Tony Todd would not of been in it if the didnt think it was good..

The Roles are a Bunch of Professers going to a Last Farwell Party for One of Thier Fellow Teachers and a What if .. Theory comes About and the Converse gets Heavy and Deep into the Professer that they are haveing with the Professer Leaving .. a Search of his Idenity !!

Ill give a hint ... Russel Nash ... Connor McCloud ... Wandering Hebrew ... kind of way..

They show Make a remake with the Same Acters but more of a Production with Flashbacks of the One telling the Tale..

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

nixie_nox
It seems like every subject has been beaten to death, has been serialized or remakes abound. There are even different franchises of the same movie (cough Spiderman) that make it confusing.

Thing is, when it seems like there is nothing new, it makes it hard to believe that there are subjects, books, stories, that SHOULD of been a done deal. Especially with cgi, there really isn't an excuse.

So this is basically: I can't believe they haven't made that!

And it is ok if you want to include remakes.

For me, It is Dragonriders of Pern.

Probably one of the most popular fantasy series books out there by Anne McCaffrey. You could easily adapt it to a show series. Can't believe this hasn't been touched.

I can't believe no one has remade Dune. I know there were rumors about it.

What are yours?

Dragon Riders of Pern hmm goes hand and hand with The Game of Thrones aka A Song of Ice and Fire Series

it tells of legends of Dragon Riders and Dragons reborn 200 years later

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

Yes, this movie deserves to be made into a sequel more than some other movies.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

RomaSempre

lostbook

I always like a movie called the "Princess Bride." I think that would make a great remake. I would also like to see Jackie Chan and Burt Reynolds reunite for another Cannon Ball Run movie.

Remake the Princess Bride? Inconceivable!

Some movies are classics and shouldn't be touched.

"As you wish....."

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I would give my right arm to see all of Jean M. Auel's "Earth's Children" book series made into six separate movies:

- The Clan of the Cave Bear (1980)
- The Valley of Horses (1982)
- The Mammoth Hunters (1985)
- The Plains of Passage (1990)
- The Shelters of Stone (2002)
- The Land of Painted Caves (2011)

Each movie would have to be a minimum of 3 hours long in order to give the books even the slightest amount of justice... with the same massive budget allowances given for the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Jean Marie Auel is an American writer. She is best known for her Earth's Children books, a series of novels set in prehistoric Europe that explores interactions of Cro-Magnon people with Neanderthals.

In 1977, Auel began extensive library research of the Ice Age for her first book. She joined a survival class to learn how to construct an ice cave, and learned primitive methods of making fire, tanning leather, and knapping stone from the aboriginal skills expert Jim Riggs.

After the sales success of her first book, Auel has been able to travel to the sites of prehistoric ruins and relics, and also to meet many of the experts with whom she had been corresponding. Her research has taken her across Europe from France to Ukraine, including most of what Marija Gimbutas called Old Europe. In 1986 she attended and co-sponsored a conference on modern human origins at the School of American Research, Santa Fe.

Link

The amount of detail, research, and scientific/archeological knowledge that goes into her writing is simply mind boggling... This woman spent a better part of her adult life doing research and collecting college degrees just to write these books.

If the end of the world were to happen tomorrow, I'd pack the entire series into my bugout bag.

They're that good !

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Anyone familiar with the legacy PC game ''The Dig'' and the 400+ page novel that accompanied it. Would be a cult classic sci-fi movie, ahead of its time. Would be a great movie to do now that technology would make it possible. And the rights are already owned by LucasArts...dont know what the hold up is..

edit on 8-2-2014 by Tancred because: Cuz I fuked it up

www.knightdiscounts.com...

edit on 8-2-2014 by Tancred because: fuked it up again

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

I can't believe I have not heard of Jean M. Auel's "Earth's Children" series before reading your post.
Sounds right up my street,I shall have to buy the first one and go from there.
Thanks for the tip-they do sound like they would make good films,but now I want to read them first.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Wolfenz

combatmaster

Ok... So there's this movie thats 'B' grade. Made in 2007. I honestly dont know why Hollywood hasnt made a remake of this.

It's called 'The man from earth'.

It is one of the most original and thought provoking storylines i have ever heard in a movie (or a book for that matter).

The movie consists of a few highly educated characters sitting in a room conversing with eachother. I know, it sounds pathetic and boring.... but watch the first 15 mins of this movie and you will be hooked until the end! I promise.

Check it out here

edit on 2014-02-06T10:27:16-06:00201402bam2802am1628 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

This Movie is Fantastic ! I have it

it has many themes .. Well written well Acting

Actor Tony Todd would not of been in it if the didnt think it was good..

The Roles are a Bunch of Professers going to a Last Farwell Party for One of Thier Fellow Teachers and a What if .. Theory comes About and the Converse gets Heavy and Deep into the Professer that they are haveing with the Professer Leaving .. a Search of his Idenity !!

Ill give a hint ... Russel Nash ... Connor McCloud ... Wandering Hebrew ... kind of way..

They show Make a remake with the Same Acters but more of a Production with Flashbacks of the One telling the Tale..

The Man From Earth is AMAZING!!

Such a great movie.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Tancred

Anyone familiar with the legacy PC game ''The Dig'' and the 400+ page novel that accompanied it. Would be a cult classic sci-fi movie, ahead of its time. Would be a great movie to do now that technology would make it possible. And the rights are already owned by LucasArts...dont know what the hold up is..

I remember spending way too many hours on that freaking game. I think it may have ruined adventure games for me. It was fun as hell. But also hard as hell. And I agree it would probably make a pretty good movie.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I haven't read all the replies yet. But def have some good ones on here.
Not sure if this book was mentioned yet or not..

UBIK by Phillip K. Dick.

I think it would be an awesome film if they went along with the book exactly

Hmm... I just happened to look up to see if any mention of this book would be a movie and it just might be in the works... Very interesting
edit on 8-2-2014 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'd like to see a remake of "The Running Man" but more like the novel and less like the Arnold Schwarzenneger movie.
The plot of the book was that Ben Richards lived in this dystopian city with a wife and sick daughter in a world where the economy pretty much collapsed.

Richards can't find work and can't get medicine for his daughter so he signs up to take part in a federally run game show. He ends up being selected for the most dangerous but also most high paying game show they have, "The Running Man".

In this version of "The Running Man", the player is labeled as a enemy of the state and can go anywhere in the world. He is given a 12-hour head start before a bunch of assassins start chasing him. If he can survive for 30 days, he gets a billion bucks. But the longest record was over 8 days.

And people get to join in at home by reporting his location if they see him in exchange for a cash reward.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join