It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Bray - NDE Survivor, Physicist, Chemist and Neuropsychopharmachologist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
William Bray is rather well known in NDE/Metaphysical circles. He passed away on January 25th of this year. I thought this would be a good time to discuss what he had to say about his own Near Death Experiences, as well as his observations of them as a scientist. I'm providing some information for those not familiar with his writings.

William Bray had multiple near death experiences. He had numerous cardiac arrests. I have been unable to find a Wiki-type page for him with his basic info. So I can't say what was causing his documented cardiac arrests. Anyways, here's the basic info. Please feel free to add to it if you wish. And as always, feel free to dispute/debunk. That's what we are here for.

Some paraphrased information from William Bray -

- We do not 'go' to heaven, we already reside in that infinite domain at this instant.
- We can't describe 'eternity' in human terms.
- We are from paradise. We are there right now but have a 'construct' around us and can't see paradise.
- In the other dimension, communication is both verbal and non-verbal (ESP type communication)
- The only consideration in the other dimension is for that which is infinite. (life's problems here are petty)

LONG reading ... but really interesting.
NDE Experiences William Bray

As infinite beings we only exist in the breathe of God, there is nothing else. Your concept of 'here' and 'there' is finite.

We cannot think our way upward and out of the game, which is our life in this planet, because we are constructed to be limited inside this game, as we can see the amoeba under the microscope, but the amoeba cannot look upward and perceive your thoughts.

There is no distance whatsoever between yourself and God, it is as though you are looking at Him straight in the eye from zero distance, all the time, for infinity

In infinity, there is no judgment, not even of yourself, there is only continued growth and expansion, to infinity, for all infinity.

Reincarnation is not a speculation or possibility –it is the very scaffold of our existence, the backbone, the most imperative facet of our structure and purpose. Reincarnation does not necessarily involve reincarnating in the future, it can involve reincarnating in any point in time, in some remote cases other worlds altogether, there is no pattern

For those interested ... his book is available through Amazon for a sale price of $2.00 or so.

For those who are interested in space/time .... interesting blog with charts ..
Bulldozer Blog - William Bray - Space and Time are Discrete, not Continuous

In other words, Mr. Bray asserts that space and time are not continuous dimensions, they’re discrete. The universe is not analog, it’s digital. The movement of energy and matter in time is herky-jerky, jump-to-jump, like a motion picture. However, it “looks” smooth and continuous because of the lack of resolution and sensitivity of our woefully inadequate senses and sense-extending tools....

In a nutshell, his main theme is that consciousness is not caused by bio-chemical processes in the brain, it’s quite the opposite. Infinite consciousness lies outside of the finite physical universe and it thus paints the universe into being by “collapsing the wavefunction“. Consciousness is the ultimate observer and it creates you and me and everything else in the universe. ...

edit on 2/6/2014 by FlyersFan because: fixed link

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Beautiful stuff... if only more people had this kind of elongated perspective on life and its meaning, the world wouldn't be such a screwed up place.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This was a really great morning read FlyersFan!

Let me tell you. Everything he stated, has been what my mother has been teaching me about God, since well, since I could ever remember. I remember once, I got mad at her and told her to go to
and she said, "Ha ha, the jokes on you, your already there and what's more - your to blind to see paradise everywhere around you to!". What can somebody say to that except - uh okay... and look confused... until one day you - get it.

*gasps* My mother has warned me she knows EVERYTHING.... getting to be a surreal... morning.

All joking, and morning cheer aside though; I'm more often than not, impressed with most accounting's of NDE. This isn't the first story that resonated very highly with me.

CdT

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Reincarnation involved reincarnating in at any point in the timeline. (according to him).
So I wonder if I can reincarnate into this same timeline and warn my now-self about things?
Maybe I'm my own child. Maybe I'm my own best friend. etc etc

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Great thread! It gives a cohesive pattern to thoughts I haven't been able to express.
I'll definitely be checking the book out.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Great read, FF, thanks!!

The most significant thing for me was him saying:

We are not a great melting pot, a collective, we are individuals, and always have been and always will be, for infinity.

No one is an idiot, imagine everyone knowing everything, there is no debate, discussion, disagreement, because no one is uncertain of anything.

If one person on the other side of infinity knows the answer, then so do you, but we are not ‘all one.’

Each of us is unique. Without this uniqueness , there would not be any reason whatsoever for there being more than one being. Thus, each and every unique being, from our sentient race, to the slightest bug, is important. There is no regard, there, for what we consider physical reality,

Guess I'm going to change my tune now - we are not "All One" - but that still leaves the question, "are we all connected"? It seems so.

And this:

No one ‘disappears’ from Heaven to be on Earth. You are always there. This human existence is so brief it is an instant.

This totally explains then, another conundrum of "reincarnation" - because I wondered if, say, my Dad reincarnates before I die, will he still be there? Many people (but not all) report seeing deceased friends/pets/relatives during NDEs. I couldn't figure out how the deceased could be there to greet us if they are already reincarnated.

This makes it clear - multiple dimensions, and no space-time -

awesome food for thought.

So - if we're not "all one", a "collective" - does that mean we have no responsibility for our fellow 'earth explorers' well-being?
I don't think so, but maybe in the end it just doesn't matter?? Hmmm

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

FlyersFan
Reincarnation involved reincarnating in at any point in the timeline. (according to him).
So I wonder if I can reincarnate into this same timeline and warn my now-self about things?
Maybe I'm my own child. Maybe I'm my own best friend. etc etc

You just struck a chord there... I have 3 sons, and 1 of them is very much like you describe. He's only 4 years old, but he seems to know everything I'm thinking, and vice versa. Especially his curiosity is extremely similar to mine. I hear him asking the same questions as I did when I was his age. It's like déjà vu every time. Even his facial expressions trigger memories of myself all the time. He's like a constant mirror being held up to me. I don't have anything near that with my other 2 sons, though the love is the same all around. :-)

I find this topic extreeemly fascinating. I have had my own NDE, though I would consider it only a partial one. Still, a lot being discussed about NDEs is very familiar to me, especially how it changed me afterwards. Like not fearing death anymore, and being more focussed on spiritual connections between myself and the people I know.

Maybe you're familiar with him, but here is a neurosurgeon who wrote a book about his own amazing NDE - Dr Eben Alexander:

Thanks for the interesting thread!

soulwaxer

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

If we are all connected, but still maintain our individuality, then that brings in the 'collective karma' thing. That makes more sense. We all benefit or hurt from each others bad or good karma. So that makes sense.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

soulwaxer
I find this topic extreeemly fascinating.

My take ... an authentic NDE (not something induced by drugs or a self induced 'psych-out) is about as close to 'being on the other side' as we are going to get. It comes as close to the source of truth as we possibly can be. So I take what is seen or heard in NDEs more seriously than what is in the bible or other spiritual reading books. It's straight from the source .... the other side.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
His descriptions and observations are spot on. We literally trap ourselves here into our lives. While here, we forget where we "came from" -- and this is why during a NDE many people experience a sense of peace, familiarity or "being home".

The thing is, you don't stay there very long (which is kind of a misnomer). Infinity is pretty boring, so you trap yourself into another life and forget about infinity. And so the cycle goes over and over.

Events in the past echo forward into time, and events in the future echo backwards through time. Where they meet, or collide is the "now" and that is where we reside.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I will offer a little negativity here for the sake of entertainment.

On a little research, I found this guy on another forum where he himself often posted. On request to submit his credentials, he never did so. According to other posters, his math was flawed, but I cannot verify this. His credibility didn't stand against the criticism of the average forum poster, and the mods agreed. His ideas have yet to be peer-reviewed and his credentials verified.

The interviewer of Bray wrote:

A few weeks back I had the pleasure and the privilege to sit in as a guest host for Skeptiko interviewing a very interesting guest, William Bray, author of the book ”Quantum Physics, Near Death Experiences, Eternal Consciousness, Religion, and the Human Soul” . After the interview various Skeptiko listeners raised questions regarding W. Bray’s scientific credentials, considering that the book deals with various very specialized aspects of quantum mechanics. This type of inquiries (proof of tittle, peer-reviewed publications, etc) is very common and completely legitimate for those publishing books on science and making public claims. So far William Bray has been unwilling to provide proof of his academic qualifications, or work-related credentials.

In the truly skeptical and impartial spirit of Skeptiko, I can no longer stand behind the claims of William Bray unless/until he’s able to verify these claims regarding his credentials. – Enrique Vargas

Interview with Dr.??? William Bray

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

I"ve read what Skeptiko has said previous to posting this.
That's why I said I couldn't find the info on this fella to see what the rest of his story is.
It is up to the person reading his work if they want to buy it.
To me, a lot of it makes sense. But at the same time I confess I don't understand it all.
I don't take his story as 'gospel'. But I'm keeping an open mind about it.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

No, of course. This sort of thing is of great interest to many people. People can take what they want from it.

I found this interesting excerpt to one of his books:

William Joseph Bray, Theoretical Physicist, Neuroscience Research Chemist, now employed by the Central Intelligence Agency, sat alone in a hanger at Pomona, and I mean – ‘alone,’ with the exception of an armed guard in each corner of the hanger, about four acres of space, just one desk and a book shelf, and four armed guards. “No one under any circumstances was to enter that huge empty room but me,” says Bray, reminiscing. “I sat and wrote, by hand, all day, every day, for over a year, 2026 pages in all. They had seen my web site ‘Quantum Temporal Dynamics,’ interviewed me in a tiny shack in the middle of the Pine Barrens, and told me to sit, and start writing. It took a little over a year and 2026 pages. Only two humans on Earth knew I was there, knew the authorship of the document, and now, they are dead (of old age).”

My new mother-in-law’s boss had been working on a radical procedure for correcting ventricular tachycardia. The procedure involved stopping the patient’s heart altogether, and waiting until the EEG (brain waves) went completely flat lined, in short, killing the patient, and then resuscitating the patient. What if we took a Physicist, prepared him/her for the procedure, and practiced the procedure on a Physicist, repeatedly, until we obtained the information we were looking for…?

I was then the volunteer. At first the ‘NDEs’ were induced, and then they started to become ‘spontaneous…’ “Six months after completing the (written) work, all funding for new energy sources and new propulsion technologies was very abruptly cut, in the middle of a fiscal year, without warning, and you can check in 2006, cut off, with no explanation. Quantum Temporal Dynamics is a re-write of a century of quantum theory and physical cosmology, absolutely disproves everything down to the fine details of the Standard Model in Quantum Mechanics, and makes it all obsolete.”

“I’ve been doing this for 450,000 years now, changing the human time-line. First, we pointed primitive man’s eyes up at the stars and explained to them – ‘from the death of those stars, all things are made,’ which was brilliant. At that point, I and my ‘esteemed colleagues’ with whom I have been doing this for eons, had a focus for man to centralize into civilizations, for the purpose of building megalithic structures as a means of injection of math and technology that we taught them across the globe in a single millennia, and founded human civilizations.”

“Early in the 20th century I and ‘all of my esteemed colleagues’ gathered in a single glorious effort to found Quantum Physics, and now, I am back, alone this time, to finish the work, getting it back on course from the riff-raff and gibberish these kid scientists have pissed into it, preparing for the next step we introduce in human evolution. And no, we are not ‘aliens, we are from an infinite domain, just like you.”

“So I describe some of the physics here in detail. I also provide a solid foundation and description of existing beyond the confines of linear time, which is a construct, that infinite domain some call ‘a heaven or perhaps Heaven.’ For the purpose of changing the construct, ‘The Game’ as I sometimes call it, there have to be a very few, or at least one, who is keenly and constantly aware of existing in that infinite domain, which I describe to you in detail, and the physics, and what you would call ‘the afterlife,’ but I refer to as that place you reside at this very moment, and the infinite energy you yourself manipulate to ‘Paint the Universe into Being.’ The description of that physics altered the US programs for energy and propulsion research, which I describe here in some detail, since the only two men on Earth who knew the authorship of the original document are dead.

Autobiography of an Ordinary Guy - My 400,000 Years of Changing the Human Timeline: A Sci-fi Story?

This book is labelled non-fiction. Has he become one of his characters?

I don't know what to believe anymore.
edit on 6-2-2014 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

If we are all connected, but still maintain our individuality, then that brings in the 'collective karma' thing. That makes more sense.

Yep!

I totally get what you mean.
Again, thanks for linking this scientist's story.

So....yeah, we are not "all one", but we are all connected.....over infinite time.
Is that what you get from it?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I like reading NDE's, there are common themes to many, but so far I've never seen two people that had the exact same NDE.

Alot of it resonates as being true for me though, S+F for bringing this up.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Brilliant!

Starred and flagged.

The only questions I would have would be why reincarnate if we already are everything?

And if everything is, why is there a need for expansion and growth?

Peace,

RT

edit on 6-2-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Thanks for this story! It brightened my day. I had a close call when I was younger and it shaped my life in so many ways.

I think we all need reminders that we are perfectly loved and it is all ok. The petty things that upset us are not really so important.
It seems we are born longing to connect with that love and strive to do so, unsuccessfully, in most of our endeavors. To remember it is calm and blissful. Maybe those of us who catch glimpses of it should take that gift and spread it around.

A little compassion goes a long way!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

One of the problems I have with all these feel good love and light and infinity stories is:

Who chooses to be the monsters?
Who chooses to live in abject poverty?
Who chooses to be a rapist, murderer, abusive, and who chooses a life where they're victimized by these sorts?

Further, if everyone knows everything, but everyone is magical unique, then, surely in the vast resource of everything knowledge, there's a trick for coming back with all that knowledge, or with comic book superhero abilities ... yet we don't see any of that.

Nope.

We've plenty monsters and plenty victims, but no superheros.

As fluffy feel good nice as these stories are, they don't really stand up too well against the lower common denominators of reality.

If there is another side, an infinity-verse-heaven-whatever, it's either full of sick people, or it's full of sick people.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

FlyersFan

soulwaxer
I find this topic extreeemly fascinating.

My take ... an authentic NDE (not something induced by drugs or a self induced 'psych-out) is about as close to 'being on the other side' as we are going to get. It comes as close to the source of truth as we possibly can be. So I take what is seen or heard in NDEs more seriously than what is in the bible or other spiritual reading books. It's straight from the source .... the other side.

Well, I don't take these new books coming out as gospel, no matter how much I would like to believe every one of them.

An investigative journalist by the name of Diettrich, I believe, was the same age as Dr. Alexander; their fathers were both fellow neurosurgeons, and friends.

After the book was published, Deittrich did some background work on Dr. Alexander's book for an article, and came across some rather blatant inconsistencies between his accounts, and the facts.

I wish there was an easy way to distinguish between an true story, and one written for profit. The older I get, the less likely I am to believe anything completely.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Thanks so much for posting! I, too, enjoy reading NDE's and in fact, I have read thousands of them. The site you got that one from is Near Death Experience Research Foundation - or NDERF for short. I believe that NDE's are our way of peeking beyond the veil - a really great learning tool. Most people who share their NDE stories don't make a single dime off of them - the vast majority, in fact. They just feel as though they NEED to share their experience, as ineffable as it may be.

I have a blog site on which I post many NDE stories, some of which I get from NDERF. Here's something you might enjoy:

How Do We Know that NDE's are Real?

Again, thanks for posting! Love the subject

top topics

<<   2 >>

join