It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judging members by their Avatars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
luckily i had a version of it saved so that it held it's transparency.. would be a lot different otherwise.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Jarring
reply to post by Bigburgh

thanks, made it from this oldie. the eye was a left-over scrap zoomed in from a portrait i never felt like finishing

Hmm.. I think I will stare for awhile..
Interesting..
But it does answer to me why your avatar cuts out perfectly with the profile info...
Nice work.

Shading is nice too
edit on 2-2-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

how did it answer that?
I had to go back in and white out that part so that you could see the profile info through it. i had to use a reference of it not being whited out on the profile pic to do it on mspaint..then, again when it wasn't centered..
i messed with it a few times. it's still not perfect.. i think the last time i was doing it i was looking at my profile, instead of how it looks in the forums.. and i whited out more than i needed to at the bottom and not enough at the top. so i had to go back and white out some more at the top, but just left some at the bottom.. it's unnoticeable anyways.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

FyreByrd

UxoriousMagnus
reply to post by FyreByrd

I have changed mine about 100 times. I change it often and it depends on my mood. I tend towards superheros but usually from comics that no one has ever heard of. Since I am in my 40's .... they are ones from like 30 years ago.... but again....depends on my mood.

I am glad you asked this question because I have wondered it myself. If it affects people like it does me.

Some are in your face and give you a definitive feeling toward the poster and some are more subtle and don't.

having said all that.....you gotta get one.....

I've asked my daughter to draw a simple one, I love her artwork as a mommy should; but ....

No...no...no "buts"....that is a great idea. I have thought about doing that as well.....my boys are always drawing robots....it would be very cool and an important part of who you are.

if you don't do it....I am stealing your idea

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
i guess if i really felt like perfecting it sometime, i still could.. but that's for a later day if i ever actually felt like doing it

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Jarring

how did it answer that?
I had to go back in and white out that part so that you could see the profile info through it. i had to use a reference of it not being whited out on the profile pic to do it on mspaint..then, again when it wasn't centered..
i messed with it a few times. it's still not perfect.. i think the last time i was doing it i was looking at my profile, instead of how it looks in the forums.. and i whited out more than i needed to at the bottom and not enough at the top. so i had to go back and white out some more at the top, but just left some at the bottom.. it's unnoticeable anyways.

Hehe..because otherwise the words would lay over the art...
So I just assumed you put some work into it. To make it fit snug

No don't touch it..it good as so...you are done! Lol

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

ah ic
well i did draw the original too

was thinking about making this one into a background image for some play.. i've used it before as an avatar.. it ain't bad.. although, i ain't the girl in the pic. I did draw it for her tho. always been real proud of this one, it's my best piece i've come out of mspaint with. working with a mouse is frustrating, i bet i could do better if i had a tablet

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

FyreByrd

UxoriousMagnus

I have changed mine about 100 times. I change it often and it depends on my mood. I tend towards superheros but usually from comics that no one has ever heard of. Since I am in my 40's .... they are ones from like 30 years ago.... but again....depends on my mood.

I am glad you asked this question because I have wondered it myself. If it affects people like it does me.

Some are in your face and give you a definitive feeling toward the poster and some are more subtle and don't.

I've asked my daughter to draw a simple one, I love her artwork as a mommy should; but ....

No...no...no "buts"....that is a great idea. I have thought about doing that as well.....my boys are always drawing robots....it would be very cool and an important part of who you are.

Please take - use - enjoy - there is enough young people's art to make the whole world smile.
edit on 2-2-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Jarring

ah ic
well i did draw the original too

was thinking about making this one into a background image for some play.. i've used it before as an avatar.. it ain't bad.. although, i ain't the girl in the pic. I did draw it for her tho. always been real proud of this one, it's my best piece i've come out of mspaint with. working with a mouse is frustrating, i bet i could do better if i had a tablet

Nice. I do like the 'chaotic pontillism' feel of the work. Very edgy but not harsh. I've always loved black and white.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

This is good work.
I use to do something similar using some type of black paper and pick...that was high school...
What you are doing is reversed in color and on a computer...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

awesome thanks.

here's some "real" pointillism of mine. although, it's got a watercolor background.. and it's just another piece of an unfinished product.. i still haven't finished.. i do plan on finishing someday.. i got atleast a million dots on the thing -_-

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Pointillism...thank you I could not spit that out!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

FyreByrd

UxoriousMagnus

FyreByrd

UxoriousMagnus

Please take - use - enjoy - there is enough young people's art to make the whole world smile.
edit on 2-2-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

well....now you've done it.....stick robot guys with big machine guns are coming!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Well its 3:11 am....lucky for me I'm a better cook than artist...there is a game later today..and hungry faces here..so good night or morning where ever you all are..oh and ground hogs too!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

night

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Jarring

night

See ya around..

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

you know what?
I'm happy. hurrah hurrah

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Do I judge people by their avatars?

I do look at them, but that's because I happen to be interested in paintings, photography, etc.

I change my avatars on a regular basis. And no, it may let people know that I'm a woman, and also my avatars always show my current hair color, but besides that, nothing else.

No, I am not a goddess/fairy/warrior/angel.

I just happen to like the fantasy art work, and mysterious subjects.

I also enjoy creating avatars for people and finding out the story behind their avatar request.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Don't hate me because i'm beautiful!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

violet
reply to post by Night Star

Your avatar is one of my favourites. It represents you well. From what I can tell anyways. You seem to be a nice compassionate person.

Awwwww, thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join