It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet flies over Mars rover Curiosity Sol 504

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Char-Lee

Not that I can think of.
The closest would be "it doesn't look like one" and I was sort of thinking that until I found that other example which is very similar.

Is there a way to tell the height from the horizon on both pictures to see if the object is hidden in one?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

That was the first thing I looked at when I came into this thread. My impression is that the area in question is obscured in the right side camera but it's hard to be sure. That's why I didn't post that image.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Nah, its just that pesky Spaghetti Monster at it again!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

At midnight on the 12th of August, a huge mass of luminous gas erupted from Mars and sped towards Earth.
Across 200 Million miles of void, invisibly hurtling towards us, came the first of the missiles that would bring so much calamity to Earth...

It's as good an explanation as any...we've sent rockets there, it'd be rude for them not to return the compliment wouldn't it.

Another explanation though would be a black projects artifact return rocket launch FROM the surface of Mars....

Doesn't this look like a rocket launch?

I'm only half serious here...but what if it was a secret rocket programme to return Martian artifacts to Earth? Stranger things could happen.

edit on 13-2-2014 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Don't get me wrong I'm a real believer when it comes to once great civilizations billions if years ago. But I'm not sure about such civilization lives there now, well I'm almost sure there's nothing alive there right now. Maybe some microbes or small insects or perhaps smal reptiles. So I'm more with those who posted that it could be some image artifact , or maybe a UFO but it's speculation what the truth about this artifact really is.. great zoom btw..

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It's pretty obviously some kind of space ship. Why must you people be so hard headed? This is a meteor:
UFO

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Great old spirit capture..who would have guessed they would be driving that long? I wonder who brushed the panels clean?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The one thing that would be correct for a comet, is that the tail always points away from the Sun, irregardless of the movement of the comet. The image does have that going for it, since by judging the shadows , the Sun is upper right from the image. Hard to tell exactly but it does kind of fit. However, moving that fast, very unlikely unless it was a cometary fragment in Mars orbit, which is also highly unlikely. I would have to go with what Phage suggested early on, that this is an aberation, possibly caused by a cosmic ray hit in the image sensor.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Is it visible confirmation of comet 209P/Linear ?

ATS topic

209P/Linear orbit

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by egoli

Ok, there she is. Visible on sat pic top centre with mars the most visible planet centre right.

secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

And for the comet show we are going to have to wait for comet Siding Spring in October 2014.
Siding Spring

edit on 18-2-2014 by egoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

not you them . I be leave you .

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

MysterX

I'm only half serious here...but what if it was a secret rocket programme to return Martian artifacts to Earth? Stranger things could happen.

It is a secret rock programme, not a secret rocket programme.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join