It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It Just Keeps Running and Running"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Magnets can be found in nature.

Correct.
It still takes energy to make them, even when nature does it.

The motion of the conductor is still motion.

Uh, yes.
Motion is motion.

You mentioned a magnet at rest. If a magnet is involved in producing power, something has to move, either the magnet or the conductor. That is why I referred to relative motion.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Right, I think we're on the same page.

I do not know how long it takes a magnet to loose it's poles. Not free energy, no perpetual motion...

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

ErosA433

DARREN1976just after the early nineteen hundreds one notable physicist was quoted as saying that evrything to be learned about physics had already been discovered, then came along general relativity!!

Well it is kind of ironic to me, because just as proponents of the alternative claim that modern scientists are THAT arrogant to believe we know everything (to which the vast majority such as yourself say... na, we don't know it all at all) The alternative stance quite often gives those guys a big pat on the back and says... they were right. Relativity is a lie and modern science is a lie.

EXACTLY!! You hit the nail on the head. The reason why we are stagnating and not making much progress evolving in to a higher technological species is because whenever something new comes around it is ridiculed by most of the scientific gentry for the simple reason that most of them have done studies and written papers on the lines of what just cropped up, and if they accept the new discovery as gospel, then they are admiting their studies where flawed, so it all boils down simply to them not wanting to look stupid! So basically we are being held back from evolving simply because of big-brained egotism!! How do you like them apples , huh?
PEACE OUT!!

edit on 10-2-2014 by DARREN1976 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

DARREN1976

...whenever something new comes around it is ridiculed by most of the scientific gentry for the simple reason that most of them have done studies and written papers on the lines of what just cropped up, and if they accept the new discovery as gospel, then they are admiting their studies where flawed, so it all boils down simply to them not wanting to look stupid!

It helps things a lot when "new discoveries" actually work, and can be replicated by others. Otherwise, it's bs.

So basically we are being held back from evolving simply because of big-brained egotism!! How do you like them apples , huh?

Yes, because those damned egotistical big brains demand proof. The bastards!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Yeah im not sure those apples are really what is happening.

The issue is one of frustration because what actually is required is evidence. Technology itself no one in the scientific community really worries to much about as long as it works. The issue is that when someone comes along (like iv seen on this forum) and makes a statement like

"Oh I have some very simple optics that lets you see energy!, I can see a nuclear power plant through the side of a hill"

To which a Scientist says... mmm that is quite interesting, how does it work?

And the reply is invariably "You wouldn't understand" or "I cannot tell you" and then when asked for a picture of the device working, they say "If i show you, you will copy it and sell it" or "The powers that be will kill me"

So the statement I made was not really exactly interpreted how I meant it. What you guys tend not to really understand is that while there are a few egos here and there, they do not command the whole system. Example... There is a neutrino physicist that worked in the same experiment as i did during my PhD (one out of about 200) who was a complete asshole, seriously the kind of person who just makes you guys sound 100% correct in terms of scientists being arrogant, sneaky and generally just unapproachable. Seriously a guy who if he offered me a permanent position I would reject.

That guy is 1 out of 200 in a single experiment. So what? I worked on my project in that experiment, he said a few asshole things about us, but we still completed the work, still published a good paper, and what? did he have any say in it? No because he didn't even belong to our subgroup.

Now there is the point where you think... what happens if someone like this chairs research committees. Well again the point is that when it comes to funding, these matters are discussed between about 20 people and eventually boiled down. There is no real conspiracy of holding back scientists or projects based on the egos of one or two people... because those one or two people who were fundamental to establishing many of these topics are DEAD... they are not here to defend themselves or make statements negative positive or otherwise. There is no truer statement than the following

"No scientific breakthrough was ever made by proving something right. It was always when people were proved wrong when we made the great scientific strides"

The problem truly is that many of these studies and theories that claim such a breakthrough do so without ANY proof at all. And then those that claim to have proof... a smoking gun... when presented to an actual scientist, really are not proof at all but an example of a person not understanding their experiment or how to analyze data.

THAT is the problem here.

Iv seen countless people on youtube going on about how they are making power because they are putting 12 volts in and getting 80 volts out... and its like wow yeah... so what current is being used? and what current is on the other side... because i think you just made a very weird looking inductor or transformer. Then they just say... "No it is an over-unity device stop trying to suppress me" and then proceed to embroider their argument with saying tesla a few times.

The only suppression occurring is one of the blind leading the stupid... or is it the other way around... I can never tell. If any one of you who claims all this actually had any wit about you, you would be engaging scientific institutes, bringing down this broken system from the inside... but no instead you all just shout and scream from a position where you really have NO experience and yet claim to know exactly everything that is going on.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

On the other hand, magnets is an interesting power source.

They aren't a power source, just a storage device.
Like a battery.

I am talking about naturally charged ore like magnetite etc. There ought to be a way to harvest potential energy that nature at some point has stored in the magnetite ore (or similar).

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

ErosA433
Yeah im not sure those apples are really what is happening.

The issue is one of frustration because what actually is required is evidence. Technology itself no one in the scientific community really worries to much about as long as it works. The issue is that when someone comes along (like iv seen on this forum) and makes a statement like

"Oh I have some very simple optics that lets you see energy!, I can see a nuclear power plant through the side of a hill"

To which a Scientist says... mmm that is quite interesting, how does it work?

And the reply is invariably "You wouldn't understand" or "I cannot tell you" and then when asked for a picture of the device working, they say "If i show you, you will copy it and sell it" or "The powers that be will kill me"

So the statement I made was not really exactly interpreted how I meant it. What you guys tend not to really understand is that while there are a few egos here and there, they do not command the whole system. Example... There is a neutrino physicist that worked in the same experiment as i did during my PhD (one out of about 200) who was a complete asshole, seriously the kind of person who just makes you guys sound 100% correct in terms of scientists being arrogant, sneaky and generally just unapproachable. Seriously a guy who if he offered me a permanent position I would reject.

That guy is 1 out of 200 in a single experiment. So what? I worked on my project in that experiment, he said a few asshole things about us, but we still completed the work, still published a good paper, and what? did he have any say in it? No because he didn't even belong to our subgroup.

Now there is the point where you think... what happens if someone like this chairs research committees. Well again the point is that when it comes to funding, these matters are discussed between about 20 people and eventually boiled down. There is no real conspiracy of holding back scientists or projects based on the egos of one or two people... because those one or two people who were fundamental to establishing many of these topics are DEAD... they are not here to defend themselves or make statements negative positive or otherwise. There is no truer statement than the following

"No scientific breakthrough was ever made by proving something right. It was always when people were proved wrong when we made the great scientific strides"

The problem truly is that many of these studies and theories that claim such a breakthrough do so without ANY proof at all. And then those that claim to have proof... a smoking gun... when presented to an actual scientist, really are not proof at all but an example of a person not understanding their experiment or how to analyze data.

THAT is the problem here.

Iv seen countless people on youtube going on about how they are making power because they are putting 12 volts in and getting 80 volts out... and its like wow yeah... so what current is being used? and what current is on the other side... because i think you just made a very weird looking inductor or transformer. Then they just say... "No it is an over-unity device stop trying to suppress me" and then proceed to embroider their argument with saying tesla a few times.

The only suppression occurring is one of the blind leading the stupid... or is it the other way around... I can never tell. If any one of you who claims all this actually had any wit about you, you would be engaging scientific institutes, bringing down this broken system from the inside... but no instead you all just shout and scream from a position where you really have NO experience and yet claim to know exactly everything that is going on.

I hear you, and the above poster, and I stand corrected, but(there is always a but) going back to what you said about ne bad apple out of 200, people tend to latch on to the bad rather than the good, I think we are all pessimists by nature, as it. Doesn't matter if you have done ten good thinvs, the minute you do one wrong, that is what you are remembered for, but yes I see more clearly what yoursaying, and maybe its just the pessimist in me that makes me cynical of the broader scientific community as a whole! Anyway, PEACE OUT!
!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

Sorry for the delay…

What you are trying to say is it that it violates the three fundamental laws of thermodynamics, they are the reason that perpetual motion machines are "supposed" to be impossible, I say supposed as you never know what new laws in physics are going to be discovered tomorrow, just after the early nineteen hundreds one notable physicist was quoted as saying that everything to be learned about physics had already been discovered, then came along general relativity!!

Wherein you will note in the second law of thermodynamics, that all systems are in a state of decay (department of entropy)… all systems. The thinkers did look around before stating that.

Even Pulsars are slowing down, ever sooo slowly.

Of course we are talking mechanical, physical systems that occupy the third dimension… other than that (like forms of spirit)… who knows?

You want to commit me to saying that is always true you can try, but I am only speaking of physical systems.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join