It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Congressman Bob Barr seeks to impeach Obama on re-election

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Common Good
reply to post by hellobruce

He lied about Obamacare. Straight to the faces of each and every American.

He lied about Benghazi.

He lied about closing guantanamo.

Theres 3. Dont make me continue.

The dude lies about EVERYTHING.

His name probably isnt even Obama. Its probably something along the lines of "steve".

Bruce- putting your hands over your eyes doesnt mean things stop becomming real.

This guy was bred to lie.

Lol too funny!
His real name isn't Obama or Steve.
IT'S Barry.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

YAWN, oh I guess it's time to try and get the next book started isn't it Mr. Barr?

The Meaning of Is:
The Squandered Impeachment and Wasted Legacy of William Jefferson Clinton
Book by Bob Barr

Any ideas what the name of the book might be called ?

Anyhow I believe these efforts will backfire.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
When the pro/anti Obama talk comes up, I don't even try to engage with O-bots.

I only ever ask one question: What exactly would Obama have to do for you to feel that he needs to be removed from office?

Stumps the hell out of em. I think it's mainly because most anything they respond with can be applied to the past actions of this white house.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

blamethegreys
What exactly would Obama have to do for you to feel that he needs to be removed from office?

Very simple actually - a impeachable offence!

But the Obama haters simply want him impeached as their birther nonsense has failed.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

JohnPhoenix

He was a main heavy player responsible for getting Clinton impeached. I'd say he has experience in this area truly very few have.

And this is what should invalidate him from ever serving in public office ever again. Nothing Clinton did was worth impeaching him for. There was literally not a soul in this country that actually believed he was telling the truth about his affair. Everyone knew he was a womanizer both times he was elected, the only ones who cared were the people that voted against him. It was none of Congress business who he was sleeping with, especially when their own ranks were out there doing it themselves. The only experience this guy has is wasting taxpayer money on a witch hunt. So yeah I guess your right he would be the most experienced in wasting our time and dollars with inconsequential garbage.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Are republicans that desparate? Who is going to pay for this long lengthy process for a man who will never run again for public office. Any subject but jobs.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Clinton was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice.

He lied and deflected.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yeah, but times were good and there was not anything else to complain about. And we had money for such frivolous deeds.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

oh yea there are plenty kid.

- He has aided America’s enemies, violating his oath, by sending funds to insurgents in Syria who are being commanded by Al-Qaeda terrorists.
- He has violated federal law by overseeing a cover-up surrounding Operation Fast and Furious, the transfer of guns to Mexican drug cartels direct from the federal government.
- He has lied to the American people by overseeing a cover-up of the Benghazi attack which directly led to the deaths of four American citizens. The cover-up has been called “Obama’s Watergate,” yet four months after the incident, no one in the administration has been held accountable.
- He has brazenly undermined the power of Congress by insisting his authority came from the United Nations Security Council prior to the attack on Libya and that Congressional approval was not necessary. “I don’t even have to get to the Constitutional question,” said Obama. This is an act that “constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution,” according to Congressman Walter Jones.
- He has flagrantly violated article 1, section 9, clause 8 of the Constitution by accepting rotating status as chairman of the United Nations Security Council. The clause states, “No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States; and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall without consent of Congress accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.”
- He has ignored Congressional rejection of the cybersecurity bill and instead indicated he will pursue an unconstitutional executive order.
- He has signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act which includes provisions that permit the abduction and military detention without trial of U.S. citizens, violating Habeas Corpus. Despite Obama claiming he would not use the provisions to incarcerate U.S. citizens, it was his administration that specifically demanded these powers be included in the final NDAA bill.
- He has enacted universal health care mandates that force Americans to buy health insurance, a clear violation of the Constitution in exceeding congressional power to regulate interstate commerce. Obama has also handed out preferential waivers to corporations friendly to his administration.
- He has declared war on America’s coal industry by promising to bankrupt any company that attempts to build a new coal plant while using unconstitutional EPA regulations to strangle competition, ensuring Americans see their energy costs rise year after year.
- He has violated the Constitution’s Takings and Due Process Clauses when he bullied the secured creditors of automaker Chrysler into accepting 30 cents on the dollar while politically connected labor unions and preferential others received better deals.
- He has violated Article II of the Constitution by using signing statements as part of his executive usurpation of power.
“I will seek to thwart this action by any means necessary, including but not limited to eliminating funding for implementation, defunding the White House, and even filing articles of impeachment.”
Rep. Steve Stockman, Texas.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

The IRS scandal is impeachable and there is evidence Obama knew about it.

Covering Up Benghazi

Fast & Furious

Targeting Associated Press and tapping phones of journalist who portray Obama negatively.

Obama Care and lying to every American while knowing so. Millions have lost their insurance which can lead to serious problems for people.

NSA.. You do realize he not on;y kept the patriot act but has added arms to the program that were not granted under the P. Act

Impeachment or not why would you stick up for a lying Un American Cry Baby like our president?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by amfirst1

Thank you, that was well said.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

NotSoAnonymous

The IRS scandal is impeachable and there is evidence Obama knew about it.

Covering Up Benghazi

Fast & Furious

Targeting Associated Press and tapping phones of journalist who portray Obama negatively.

Obama Care and lying to every American while knowing so. Millions have lost their insurance which can lead to serious problems for people.

NSA.. You do realize he not on;y kept the patriot act but has added arms to the program that were not granted under the P. Act

Impeachment or not why would you stick up for a lying Un American Cry Baby like our president?

You missed the big one...

Willfully ignoring the Constitution in terms of separation of powers by trying to bypass Congress with the use of executive orders.

Using Recess appointments by deciding on his own that the Senate was not in session when in fact it was. To top it off he has now had 3 Federal Appeals courts tell him his actions were illegal and a violation of the Constitution.

Even if we remove all the "scandals" the usurp of Legislative power via executive order is not going anywhere regardless of how the left tries to spin it.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

If you couldn't impeach bush, you wont impeach Obama

Exactly, if Bush and Cheney raping the constitution and the laws of the land don't mean anything, then why would you be concerned about Obama?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

You're obviously only commenting on this thread to troll..

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Are republicans that desparate? Who is going to pay for this long lengthy process for a man who will never run again for public office. Any subject but jobs.

Disclaimer: I am conservative ... some may even call me an extremist.

There are three statements submitted by MOMof3. They are perfectly formed.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Lol Republicans are some special kind of stupid.

Yeah I'd love for them to impeach Obama, I wouldn't mind seeing Joe Biden take a shot at it.

I think Joe would be a good president actually.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

muse7
Lol Republicans are some special kind of stupid.

Yeah I'd love for them to impeach Obama, I wouldn't mind seeing Joe Biden take a shot at it.

I think Joe would be a good president actually.

Oh you mean Joe shoot-through-the-door-with-a-shotgun Biden? Yeah he'd be a great president.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I am a democrat, never hid that. Impeachment this far into Obama's presidency is stupid, and is only for revenge. Who will pay for it?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by Snarl

I am a democrat, never hid that. Impeachment this far into Obama's presidency is stupid, and is only for revenge. Who will pay for it?

Who will pay for everything they're already spending on as it is? Are you aware how much debt this clown has racked up? So don't pretend to all of a sudden be concerned with costs.
edit on 1/26/2014 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Who racked up the debt is another never ending thread. Sure, wars are cheap. The rich decided in 08 they were not going to pay for these wars so now the working man has to. I can't afford tax attorneys so I have to pay my share. So now, because of revenge, you want to add more for an impeachment?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join