It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Congressman Bob Barr seeks to impeach Obama on re-election

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
It's from Alex Jones, posted 2 hours ago and I'm not a big fan of his but if this is true, there might be something there.. Here is an interview with the gentleman, take a look.

Lets see if he follows through. I wish him the best.

Robert Laurence "Bob" Barr, Jr.[5] (born November 5, 1948) is a former federal prosecutor and a former member of the United States House of Representatives.[6] He represented Georgia's 7th congressional district as a Republican from 1995 to 2003.[6][7] Barr attained national prominence as one of the leaders of the impeachment of President Bill Clinton.[6] Barr joined the Libertarian Party in 2006[8] and served on its National Committee.[9] He was the Libertarian Party nominee for President of the United States in the 2008 election.[10]

en.wikipedia.org...

Ya know.. I think Obama has done much worse than Clinton - he got impeached for lying about getting his rocks off in the white house. I think we can do better than that.
edit on 24-1-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Yeah....I mean....all joking aside.....isn't it time?

people always say that it will damage America to impeach our president but I say it shows that we still have a Republic for the people by the people when we keep even our highest elected officials in check.

Let's do this thing!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I dont know why it hasnt been done already.

Hes a sloppy criminal, theres plenty of evidence to at least bring him up on charges.

Maybe it has something to do with civil unrest. They couldnt possibly impeach the first half black president, that would be racist.

He should have been impeached a LONG time ago.

that said- it wont happen. Obama is too protected. One word from him and its lights out for the poor sucker who tries.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Common Good
theres plenty of evidence to at least bring him up on charges.

Care to show us all this "plenty of evidence"?

if there is "plenty of evidence" why is no one currently sitting doing anything about it?

He should have been impeached a LONG time ago.

What for exactly? You must not realise you need a valid reason to impeach a President...
edit on 24-1-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

If you couldn't impeach bush, you wont impeach Obama.
Keep dreaming, this is just Republican sideshow-alley preparing for the next election almost the same way they did Bill.

I'm waiting for claims Obama had an affair!

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

He lied about Obamacare. Straight to the faces of each and every American.

He lied about Benghazi.

He lied about closing guantanamo.

Theres 3. Dont make me continue.

The dude lies about EVERYTHING.

His name probably isnt even Obama. Its probably something along the lines of "steve".

Bruce- putting your hands over your eyes doesnt mean things stop becomming real.

This guy was bred to lie.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Common Good
The dude lies about EVERYTHING.

Well, you lied right there! So you also lie....

Please show that those claims are a impeachable offence....

So birthers have failed in every single court case so now they are going to push impeaching him.... losers!
edit on 24-1-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

hellobruce

So birthers have failed in every single court case so now they are going to push impeaching him.... losers!

Birthers? Bob Barr is no birther.

He was a main heavy player responsible for getting Clinton impeached. I'd say he has experience in this area truly very few have.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

funny, the worst results of this (and the past) governments are the orphaned children in Iraq, the widows of Afghanistan and the child soldiers of Somalia! But all any of you seem to give two craps about is your stupid healthcare system.. some American, government official killed in Libya (a war zone) or a detention center/jail (that you don't actually care about, you just care about his statements!)

seriously.. people are dying because the government is allowing (profiting) the corporate elite to use the military industrial complex to take over regional energy centers and stir conflict
..and the best you can come up with, is your f******n universal healthcare?

Look at Ukraine, real problems, real people putting it all on the line for hope!
Look at America, overweight, stuck on the TV-tit and addicted to cheap, Chinese goods via credit!

Maybe America has the leader it deserves?...

edit on 24-1-2014 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Let me ask you guys something. Just an honest question; has nothing to do with Obama.

Why do you guys keep electing lawyers and prosecutors, cops and judges? Did you guys know these people have a place in society, their specialty is the courtroom? Not legislation? That maybe when you elected a person who enforces the law, the people actually lose because the judiciary is now in control of the house or the senate?

Just a thought.
edit on 24-1-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

If the Republicans can keep control of the House and seize the Senate then yes, I see the impeachment occurring. If they don't keep / win then I doubt it.

The House could draft the articles and impeach him now however the Senate is the body that would be doing the voting on guilt / no guilt.

I don't see the current Dems going down that road but ya never know. There are enough Democrats complaining about Obama now where a hearing might sneak by.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

He asked for examples, I gave him 3.

I could have went on a tangent like you did, but theres no need.

This is an American problem, not a Ukranian problem, or a global problem.

Thanks for emotional response.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Care to address the others?

Or are you just ignoring them on purpose?

dont bother responding if all you are going to do is sidestep.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Xcathdra

If the Republicans can keep control of the House and seize the Senate then yes, I see the impeachment occurring. If they don't keep / win then I doubt it.

The House could draft the articles and impeach him now however the Senate is the body that would be doing the voting on guilt / no guilt.

I don't see the current Dems going down that road but ya never know. There are enough Democrats complaining about Obama now where a hearing might sneak by.

because we are gullible idiots that can barely even tie our shoes anymore. We have lost back bone and common sense and replaced it with political correctness and love of cheap China made items of no use to maintain life.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Common Good

Care to address the others?

Care to answer my question?

Please show that those claims are a impeachable offence

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The Supreme Court has actually already addressed the "what is an impeachable offense".

The offense itself, solely based on impeachment, is completely defined by Congress and not law.

High Crimes and Misdemeanors in this case is whatever the House determines it to be. The reason for that is it is spelled out in the Constitution, delegating that authority to Congress and not the courts.

its one of the few times the Court has issued a ruling in terms of "its delegated to Congress, so Congress defines it". Being impeached is akin to an indictment and nothing more.

We have had 2 past Presidents impeached, with the Senate finding both not guilty. Nixon resigned before his impeachment could go forward.

Being found guilty in the Senate is not a criminal conviction. It just removes him from office.
edit on 24-1-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It's too bad...
I can see the Libertarians being lumped into the same paranoid crazies as the Birthers and the T-Potty.

They need to distance themselves from this moron.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This is the Republican way. Ever since Nixon was successfully thrown out of office, they've been trying to get their own back on a Democrat President.

If there was truly enough evidence to impeach Obama, KARL ROVE would have done it by now.

Sorry, I'm just not buying this particular line of ......

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

rupertg
It's too bad...
I can see the Libertarians being lumped into the same paranoid crazies as the Birthers and the T-Potty.

They need to distance themselves from this moron.

Libertarians are already in the pool of crazy. They've been seen that way ever since Ron Paul, who was actually one of the more sane ones.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
And in Nixon's case not a day too soon either considering the countrie's opposition to the Vietnam war at the time.I believe Congress would have impeached him and he did too!Its why he resigned before he was disgraced.
I also agree with Xcathdra that we would need a Republican dominated senate to bring Obama impeachment questions(plural).
edit on CSTFripm5661 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join