It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay My Fellow Survivalists... Vegetarian or Meat Eater... Which Would You Be?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Yes that is called a Kudlic
en.wikipedia.org...

Fat is also good lubrication for steel,woodstoves etc.

When it was freezing,a Kudlic was just a candle and it gave them some heat.

I am intrigued by any culture that has better survival skills than we do.
Its a lost art and way of life.

edit on 21-1-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

If I wanted to have the greatest chance of survival, I'd definitely focus my time on hunting. The first thing I'd probably do is find a river for water and then try for some fish. Sooooo many more choices in a survival situation if consuming animals and less of a chance of being poisoned by plants that you might think are edible or mistake for the wrong thing.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

If I wanted to have the greatest chance of survival, I'd definitely focus my time on hunting. The first thing I'd probably do is find a river for water and then try for some fish. Sooooo many more choices in a survival situation if consuming animals and less of a chance of being poisoned by plants that I might think are edible or mistake for the wrong thing. Of course, I'm speaking for myself.
edit on 22-1-2014 by SleepyOwl because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Meat.

I dont have a choice realy as my body has trouble produceing the enzymes to break down green's. Fruits great but were I live its not practical to live on fruit.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I don't plan on surviving alone, so some of us would concentrate on gardening, and others on hunting/fishing, and collectively, we'd reap the rewards of both. I've hunted and fished since I was a kid, though it has been a LONG time since I've done so in recent years. I'm hoping to get back into fishing this year though, with the family.

It also depends on your surroundings. Not much deer around here, but plenty of birds, frogs, snakes, and insects. We do see rabbits fairly often, and armadillos. Food is all around us, just that with the modern mindset, we don't seem to realize it. I have to chuckle while watching Survivor, when the contestants complain about being hungry, yet they are right by the ocean, and there's a big juicy bird on a branch behind them. Huh? How are you hungry?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join