It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor tells Fox News: Obama’s getting us ready to embrace the anti-Christ

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by Xeven

OBAMA is not Christian.
edit on Tue Jan 21 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Says who? Fox news?

Obama's Faith And Spirituality Have Changed Since Becoming President

President Barack Obama is not an overtly religious man. He and his family rarely attend church, and he almost never elaborates in public about his own relationship to his Christian faith.

But far away from the public eye, his longtime advisers say, the president has carefully nurtured a sense of spirituality that has served as a grounding mechanism during turbulent times, when the obstacles to governing a deeply divided nation seem nearly insurmountable.

Every year on Aug. 4, the president's birthday, Obama convenes a group of pastors by phone to receive their prayers for him for the year to come. During the most challenging of times, prayer circles are organized with prominent religious figures such as megachurch pastor Joel Hunter, Bishop Vashti McKenzie of the African Methodist Episcopal Church and the Rev. Joseph Lowery, a civil rights activist.

And each morning for the past five years, before most of his aides even arrive at the White House, Obama has read a devotional written for him and sent to his BlackBerry, weaving together biblical scripture with reflections from literary figures like Maya Angelou and C.S. Lewis.

Sounds pretty Christian to me. Never attend church, pray when you don't know what else to do, and tell everyone you believe in Jesus.
edit on 22-1-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Uh oh, well. Lets see…
Is this still the sun?
and this still the moon?
And this? Is that still an upside down map?

There is no "antichrist" accept for when misled christians go on a slaughtering spree claiming there is one. Sorry but history is telling. I think folks better calm the hell down.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
1) Of course the rapture is in the Bible I Thess 4:16-17. The word 'rapture' is not used because the original word (raptora) is Latin.

2) Of course the antichrist is in Revelations. He is referred to as the beast. Rev 13 ('Who is like unto this beast, and who is able to make war against him?').

3) No one is saying Obama and staff get together every morning and openly plot the making way for the antichrist. Satan is a great deceiver and manipulates people constantly to do things without their awareness. Obama &co are sincerely trying to make things better according to their beliefs and world view. His policies may (or my not) prove to be harmful to the US in the long run but no one can say he wants bad things to come to America.

I, and many Christians I know, are convinced that the stage is being set for the last act of life on earth as we know it. Some of us see signs of manipulation and coordination, some see only happenstance. The future will tell.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Many of those peddling this stuff are likely doing so just to make a buck but many also actually believe it and drill it into the heads of children and fellow adults sometimes causing lasting damage.

...Fear, paranoia, guilt, and the attitude that we can't fix anything and don't have to worry about the future because its in God's hands, those seem like the main results of this sort of belief. Not only is there no evidence that any of its true and no reason to believe in it but its doing real damage, psychological and, if this story being on Fox News is any indication, political as well.

Very well said.
I've been fighting against that kind of indoctrination for years. It's awful.
It fills me with wrath at the adults, and sorrow for the kids.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

works4dhs
I, and many Christians I know, are convinced that the stage is being set for the last act of life on earth as we know it. Some of us see signs of manipulation and coordination, some see only happenstance. The future will tell.

So what makes you any more correct than the countless numbers of Christians before you who said the EXACT same thing except only in relation to the time period that they lived?

According to Christians, the apocalypse has been imminent for the last 2000 years.

Maybe, instead of focusing so intently on the end times, you should focus on ACTUAL Christian values like love, kindness and giving unto others. This indoctrination due to fear crap needs to stop. I shouldn't have to want to join your religion out of fear of what will happen to me after I die or even will happen to me while I'm alive.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Christian fundamentalists + Fox News (We Decieve, You Believe)

What can possibly go wrong?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

The prophetic stopwatch resumed in 1948 when Israel returned to nationhood (as prophesied). That, as they say, was a game-changer.

It's been my firsthand experience wi churches today that we are working very hard at practicing our values as well as teaching and sharing the Word. My church participates in a community food pantry and a regional homeless shelter / halfway house, and runs a van into the not-so-nice neighborhood on Sundays and Wednesdays to get some of the not-so-fortunate kids involved. We go into the area prison twice a week and once a week to the town nursing home. Churches do tons of works like this that never get publicized (heaven forbid the media establishment show churches in a positive light).

As far as salvation-through-fear, we would be remiss if we neglected to mention the consequences of sin. We do emphasize the joys of spiritual living, as fear-salvation will only carry a Christian for so long. We might work out our salvation in fear and trembling, but we walk in joy.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Whatever Obama is doing, whether or not he is ushering in a good path for the anti-Christ to follow, is beside the point.. Obama is certainly NOT ushering in an era of love and happiness with increased freedoms and liberties, is he????

So, if there is an anti-Christ actually coming, then the things Obama are doing will sure make it easier for one to get where they need to be.

The world is being destabilized in every kind of way, and Obama is effing helping make it happen. It doesn't even matter if it is to help the anti-Christ, because what he is doing is far from good.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join