It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor tells Fox News: Obama’s getting us ready to embrace the anti-Christ

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The title is from the article, which says:

Fox News gave a platform to a Texas megachurch pastor who predicts that President Barack Obama is paving the way for the anti-Christ. Fundamentalist Christian pastor Robert Jeffress appeared Monday night on The O’Reilly Factor to discuss his new book, Perfect Ending, which suggests the president’s policies were conditioning Americans to rely on the government and make them vulnerable to the satanic political figure foretold in the Bible.

“What I’m saying in the book, Bill, is there’s going to be a future world dictator before Christ returns who’s going to usurp people’s personal feelings, uh, rights,” Jeffers told host Bill O’Reilly.

Jeffers, pastor of the 11,000-member First Baptist Church in Dallas, said the anti-Christ would wage war against Christians and change religion-based laws.

The rest of the article is available here.

I don't know about the rest of you, but knowing that someone that crazy holds such a position of responsibility makes me livid and sad all at the same time! Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not mocking him for being a Christian, (I am a Gnostic Christian myself, but I believe the Bible to be allegory) but he really needs to think of the message he's sending out to the impressionable masses in his congregation, when he goes on TV to push his book.

Anyway, enough moaning from me. What say you ATS? Is Obama paving the way for the Anti-Christ? I say no, but I guess anything is possible in today's world.

Rev

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Double post, and I'll keep the second one.

Obama's paving the way for the antichrist would be the first thing the Republicans in Congress would support him on.
edit on 21-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

So that's what he's up to. And here I thought he was going about a nations business.

Lots of pastors have a screw loose, a place in hell reserved in their name, and a temperament like a restless rattlesnake. Why a national news organization would give this man a platform is...oh, I see, it's what the FOX says.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I think the pastor is trying hard to see things that aren’t there; he’s trying to make his interpretation of biblical stories fit the reality on the ground today. While I share his concern for the direction of Obama’s policies and his obvious plan to foster a government dependent society, I fail to see the “anti-Christ” connection….sorry.

Obama a loser and horrible executive? = YES!

Obama an anti-Christ facilitator? = Probably NOT!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I think it's on a person's point of view. If a person is an Obama supporter, than I can see that person saying this guys is nuts. But on the other hand, if a person is a devoted undying Christian, I can see that person siding with the Pastor. It's all in the eyes of the follower in my opinion.

I myself see Obama as a non-christian, but that's only because I believe he follows another religion (Muslim). That doesn't mean he is trying to be or preparing for the next Anti-Christ.
edit on 21-1-2014 by KnightFire because: typo

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I also fail to see the Antichrist connection...this is what makes it so absurd to me. Good old Fox for giving another nutter air-time.

Rev

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

seabag

Obama a loser and horrible executive? = YES!

AGREED!!

edit on Tue Jan 21 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Since I missed this on the Bill O’Reilly show.
I'm wondering if Bill called the Pastor a pin-head?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The antichrist is already here, he has been in control for a while, spreading deceit all over the place. So Obama is getting ready to kick the butt of the one who is still coming? That would be the Messiah he is going to kick in the butt.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I also fail to see the Antichrist connection...this is what makes it so absurd to me. Good old Fox for giving another nutter air-time.

In all fairness, there are plenty of nutters on the other networks as well. You might have a harder time spotting the other nutters because you tend to more closely agree with them.

The guy is trying to sell a book…I don’t think many people take his words seriously...even FOX listeners.

Interesting thread though!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Keep your eye on the boogeyman, hand me your wallet and bend over at the waist. You will see the anti-christ soon.

What is the church really up to?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

rickymouse
The antichrist is already here, he has been in control for a while, spreading deceit all over the place.

What are your thoughts on the identity of the antichrist?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The tricky thing about this though is that there is going to be a push for a "World Government" and possible "World Leader" of some kind in the future. While this has everything to do with world control by the globalists it's not the anti-christ, but it will be part of the spin when it's happening. That will make for an interesting development IMO. Although, I guess it's all how someone defines the AntiChrist I guess and how much Religion decides one's perception of reality. All the same I don't imagine it going over too smoothly.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Wait so Obama is making WAY for the antichrist? I thought he was the antichrist? Oh wait that is the pope right? No? The previous one, he did look like emperor Palpatine? No? Hmmm... previous President? No? Wait are you saying that pretty much every national figurehead since the Roman Empire has been accused of being the antichrist? Say it ain't so! Well maybe this guy finally got it right, I mean it's gotta be SOMEONE right? He couldn't just not exist could he? NAH that thought is inconceivable.
edit on 21-1-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

From my experiences as a (now former) fundamentalist Christian going to a Pentecostal church this sort of belief isn't uncommon. We were constantly fed information about the end-times and how close they were, from claims about the Mark of the Beast to the Bible Code to the rise of the so-called anti-christ.

This sort of doom-saying puts people in the pews, plain and simple, and is very effective on those who already believe. Take the average moderate Christian and feed them this kind of tripe from the pulpit and they will eventually believe, because the risks for not believing are too great, no one wants to be "left behind" in the rapture.

There are positive Christians, those who are filled with fervor and zeal not for the apocalypse or Jesus' return but for humanity, our potential, our future, our relationship with the God they believe in. The sort of folks who volunteer to help the poor, who give to food banks, who actually follow Christ's message. But there are many dark corners of Christianity, from the politicized Christians who want to control what you watch on TV and whether you can have safe sex or marry who you actually love, to the doom-peddlers and fearmongers who fill the minds of children and adults with the most horrible graphic and ominous visions of the future.

I can remember being told about Hell, even watching films about what it might be like, in both the sermons for adults and those lead by the youth pastors of the church I attended. I spent my adolescent years afraid of my own thoughts, especially sexual desires, afraid that simple dirty jokes, curse words, and fantasies might land me in Hell. The constant cries of "is your heart ready for the return of Jesus" drove me to guilt-stricken tear-streaming prayers begging God for mercy for things that are merely part of being human.

Many of those peddling this stuff are likely doing so just to make a buck but many also actually believe it and drill it into the heads of children and fellow adults sometimes causing lasting damage. It seems, to me, that the return of Christ has been right around the corner for almost two millennia, from when Jesus told his disciples that their generation would not pass away before his return until today. Fear, paranoia, guilt, and the attitude that we can't fix anything and don't have to worry about the future because its in God's hands, those seem like the main results of this sort of belief. Not only is there no evidence that any of its true and no reason to believe in it but its doing real damage, psychological and, if this story being on Fox News is any indication, political as well.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

The thing is, the "rapture" isn't a part of the original Christian cannon/doctrine. The "rapture" was invented by a pastor and isn't even specifically in the Bible.

It does sell books and movies like the "Left Behind" series with Kirk Cameron.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Thank you Fox news for yet another insightful, thought provoking interview. Whatever would we do without Fox news?????

Anyway, the past 25 years society as a whole has been paving the way for the anti-christ. There is no one factor, but many.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This one is so easy, the AC is hillary clinton...who could argue with that?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What the pastor is doing, is making money off of easily manipulated people and their fears.
Churches need lots of money, and mega churches need mega money.

So he spouts some fear and doom on national news and Blammo, lots of money. Because if it's on the news it must be true, let's buy his book and Learn more about how Obama is in league with the devil.

Political pandering + religion + cable TV = money.

Every time.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Thank you for your long and well thought out reply. Out of interest (and of course, if you want to share) what was it that caused you to leave the church?

Rev

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join