It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima radiation… what you need to know and why

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread992789/pg7#pid17434674]post by Iwinderl]

Star fish melting, oarfish washing up, radiation hitting the west coast, glowing tuna, all tuna fish are full of radiation, blah blah blah have all been debunked

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

raymundoko
reply to post by RickinVa

Why are you claiming rain is bringing more radiation? I've linked scientifically published papers that show this isn't true...did you miss those? Evaporated water is pure H2O with nothing else...

The radiation rain picks up is naturally occurring in the upper atmosphere and while it falls. If you have SCIENTIFICALLY PUBLISHED data that shows that isn't true I would love for you to provide it.

July 18, 2011 rain readings near Banff Alberta, 1,52+ mcSv/h
www.youtube.com...
Do you actually believe this radiation reading is 'natural' radiation rather than most, if not all, from Fukushima? Where did all that stuff that aerosolized in the explosions go if not in the atmosphere and back down in the rain?

We don't have the luxury of getting quality scientific reports. And frankly most scientists say what they're told to say lest their funding get cut so you really can't trust any of them.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Debunk this one:

All large tuna in the North Pacific have tested positive for Cs-137.
edit on 16-1-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Interesting local job posting:

www.usajobs.gov...

Here is what they are looking for:

KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:

1. Detailed knowledge of alpha, beta, and gamma measurement equipment and the principles, techniques, processes, procedures associated with the use of that equipment to include radioactive decay schemes, and radiation detection systems.
2. Knowledge of radiochemistry, separation and purification techniques, analytical chemical techniques tracer and carrier techniques, and instrumental chemical techniques.
3. Know ledge of mathematical statistical methods for reduction and comparison of measurement data.
4. Skill in applying the scientific method to technical measurement s and research projects. 5. Skill in rapidly applying knowledge i n a variety of situation s to a variety of sample measurement s in order to meet critical deadlines.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It is funny how the debunkers claim things have been debunked, when the evidence they produce is almost always non-existent, or not applicable to the subject being discussed.

All the evidence, the radioactive monitoring, the public reports, and the reality on the ground in Fukushima points clearly to the reality that the situation is getting worse.

Anyone who stays informed and keeps on top of the science behind these reports knows this is true.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Fukushima... the gift that keeps on giving!!!!

Bremsstrahlung is a phenomena that Tepco should have been aware of, but evidently wasn't.

www.ndt-ed.org...

I won't pretend I understand the whole process here, but this is what I understand is now happening.

All the highly radioactive water that Tepco has stored on site in tanks..... and there are a lot of tanks.... is now creating a new problem at Fukushima.... Because the storage tanks are steel, evidently all the tritium and strontium 90 (beta emitters) that's bouncing off the walls inside the tanks is creating doses of gamma rays (x-rays) outside of the tanks....

The gamma rays being generated cannot be easily shielded.... and now the gamma rays are rising.

This development bears close monitoring.

I need to research this more.... will post updates as they come in.

There is no way to shield Bremsstrahlung from contaminated water tanks, Tepco stated in the press conference of 1/10/2014. The contaminated water tanks contain high level of β nuclides. As shielded by water and the tank material, it turns into Bremsstrahlung. Tepco’s spokesman commented it is technically impossible to shield each tank. Even if they put the shielding material inside of the tanks, it also causes Bremsstrahlung.

fukushima-diary.com...

Since evacuating the site can't even be considered a option, Tepco most likely will be forced to dump all of the water in the tanks directly into the ocean. If this has to be discharged, then it will dissipate in the ocean like the rest of the radiation unless there is something I am missing here.

edit on 16-1-2014 by RickinVa because: spelling and grammar

edit on 16-1-2014 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2014 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The "linear" part of the LNT is true and well documented. Based on long-term studies of survivors of the atomic bombs in Japan and of nuclear industry workers, the incidence of eventual cancer increases with increasing exposure to radiation at levels above 100 millisieverts per year.

The effect is linear. Below 100 millisieverts per year, however, no increased cancer incidence has been detected, either because it doesn't exist or because the numbers are so low that any signal gets lost in the epidemiological noise.

Keep in Mind this 100 "millieSievert"!

Today i've got 0.10 "micro-Sievert in a Hour" here in Tokyo and ca. 250 Km from F'Shima,
this is 2,4 micro-Sievert/ Day and 876.0 micro-Sievert/ Year,
ergo "0.876 milli-Sievert" Year,
not even 1/1000!

@ Enenews is mostly Bs.,
it is for the Yellow Boulevard but not for the concerned People.

Before they started to create their own Headlines they was a bit more neutral
but since they had started they become unreadable!

Also ask youself: Who is behind of Enenews?
Who is responsible for all this Dis-Information and why are they doing so?

jrod

Debunk this one:

I doubt that the fresh Tuna, who is migrating now, is still "Radioactive"!

Do you know that the natural Radioactivity of this Fish is 4 Times higher?
(according to K. Bruessler from the Woods-Hole Institute)

edit on 16-1-2014 by Human0815 because: 2-1

reply to post by wishes

This Rain-Samples are all debunkable,
but as long as you don't own a Geiger Counter you may do not know!

The Results are based on Radon, which is natural and not from F'Shima,
the most simple Test is watching this Sample of a Period of a few Hours
and you will see a sharp decrease in the Measurement, for sure!

You will not see this with Caesium!

You trust C. Busby and you can hear it directly from him:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-1-2014 by Human0815 because: 3-1

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Human0815

The "linear" part of the LNT is true and well documented. Based on long-term studies of survivors of the atomic bombs in Japan and of nuclear industry workers, the incidence of eventual cancer increases with increasing exposure to radiation at levels above 100 millisieverts per year.

The effect is linear. Below 100 millisieverts per year, however, no increased cancer incidence has been detected, either because it doesn't exist or because the numbers are so low that any signal gets lost in the epidemiological noise.

Today i've got 0.10 "micro-Sievert in a Hour" here in Tokyo and ca. 250 Km from F'Shima,
not even 1/1000!

@ Enenews is mostly Bs.,

jrod

Debunk this one:

Sorry my friend, but you will never convince me that any amount of radiation is good or harmless.... that's my own personal belief.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

@ Enenews is mostly Bs., it is for the Yellow Boulevard but not for the concerned People. Before they started to create their own Headlines they was a bit more neutral but since they had started they become unreadable! Also ask youself: Who is behind of Enenews? Who is responsible for all this Dis-Information and why are they doing so?

What is the point of throwing out blanket dismissals of complete news sites without one iota of back-up? Enenews is mostly BS? Says you - based on what? Back up your claims, please and provide examples. Otherwise it's called s-l-a-n-d-e-r. A lot of what's in that site comes from other news sources. If they wrote their own article they're expected to give it a title.

reply to post by wishes This Rain-Samples are all debunkable, but as long as you don't own a Geiger Counter you may do not know! The Results are based on Radon, which is natural and not from F'Shima, the most simple Test is watching this Sample of a Period of a few Hours and you will see a sharp decrease in the Measurement, for sure!

Nice try - "The rain samples are ALL debunkable"??? By what means? it was a geiger counter that was used in that video much like the one you use for your videos - so your geiger counter is accurate and this one is for radon? Who said it was measuring cesium? lolol Why all the denial that we're getting rained/snowed on with Fukushima crapola here in North America? Didn't you see the explosion? Where else do you think it went?!? You claim that video is debunkable but you have absolutely no way to make that claim! If this video is debunkable then so is yours, how does that remotely make any sense?!?

What is the point of just shooting down ANYTHING showing problems with nothing but an opinion? Of course the readings change - like Dr. Harris said what needs to be done is continual monitoring to get a 'spectrum' of readings - spot reading is not accurate to find out what the "trend" is.

It would be a good idea to actually study what happens to debris from an explosion when it is catapulted and aerosolized and taken away in the winds and then carried down in the rain. I've said this before - the prevailing winds take all the Fukushima crap away from Japan over here! The explosion went up and got carried over here! We get a lot of rain and down it comes. Don't have to be a genius to have common sense.

Boggles the mind how easily people buy the propaganda - radiation isn't bad for you - just smile and you will be healthy - we'll just raise the safety limits - we'll just test unaffected fish - the ocean can handle it - more deaths from coal than radiation - nuclear energy is clean and efficient energy - plutonium is good for you - and on and on and on...

In case no one's noticed... "they" lie upon lies upon lies. I'm just amazed there are people who actually believe this is no big deal and that it is NOT doing anything to the atmosphere and oceans and all life. Is not just Fukushima, is a lot of nuclear problems - but Fukushima is now and takes the cake a thousand times over. Is the ultimate in stupidity, incompetence, deceit, denial and how to spin lies.
edit on 16-1-2014 by wishes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Human0815

not even 1/1000!

@ Enenews is mostly Bs.,

jrod

Debunk this one:

reply to post by wishes

This Rain-Samples are all debunkable,
but as long as you don't own a Geiger Counter you may do not know!

The Results are based on Radon, which is natural and not from F'Shima,
the most simple Test is watching this Sample of a Period of a few Hours
and you will see a sharp decrease in the Measurement, for sure!

You will not see this with Caesium!

You trust C. Busby and you can hear it directly from him:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-1-2014 by Human0815 because: 3-1

I have to agree that most of the stuff on enenews is unsubstantiated crap that they put on there to further their cause. But every once in a while, you can find some good useful information there so you shouldn't just arbitrarily dismiss it.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wishes

"As long as you don't own a Geiger Counter ...."
should mean as long as you do not see it with your own Eye's
as long you will not understand, not believe it!

When you own a GC take a Sample, be amazed and see the Decay
in a few Hours, trust me it is amazing

The Omnipotent Isotopes from F'Shima do not vanish that quick!

Edit: And who tells you that "They lie"?
Maybe the nuclear Complex is right and you believe
Bs-Propaganda from the Oil/ Coal Industry who is manipulating
the Politics in our whole World, who manipulate the World Industry
with their Petro Dollar and who is killing People in Sudan, Nigeria,
Brazil and the whole Middle East!

How do you know that Enenews is not a Tool from them to
manipulate the public Opinion?

edit on 17-1-2014 by Human0815 because: see edit

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
[snipped]

I think you are playing a really unfair Game!

edit on Mon Jan 27 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: off topic material removed by staff

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Where is the source? What tuna are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

This thread is above the radical claims imo...go to livescience.com deepseanews.com whoi.edu NOAA.gov ....there's a start...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Human0815
reply to post by wishes

"As long as you don't own a Geiger Counter ...."
should mean as long as you do not see it with your own Eye's
as long you will not understand, not believe it!

When you own a GC take a Sample, be amazed and see the Decay
in a few Hours, trust me it is amazing

The Omnipotent Isotopes from F'Shima do not vanish that quick!

Edit: And who tells you that "They lie"?
Maybe the nuclear Complex is right and you believe
Bs-Propaganda from the Oil/ Coal Industry who is manipulating
the Politics in our whole World, who manipulate the World Industry
with their Petro Dollar and who is killing People in Sudan, Nigeria,
Brazil and the whole Middle East!

How do you know that Enenews is not a Tool from them to
manipulate the public Opinion?

edit on 17-1-2014 by Human0815 because: see edit

The difference is I am not slandering and completely discrediting a news site on a public forum with absolutely nothing to back it up! Without any proof you accused them of being fraudulent and that's slander! If you have done research and can prove your claims then post the proof or don't make such statements.

As for the lies upon lies upon lies - all you have to do is read the main thread, is rife with examples of Tepco lies and that's just the nuclear lies. There are thousands (millions?) of examples of government lies throughout the world and history. Also withholding information is called "lying by omission" and there are hundreds (thousands) of examples of that as well. Are you suggesting Tepco has been honest and forthright? And that the government has been open and transparent? lolololol.... Yeah, the new laws in Japan surely support that perspective.

The video with the high radiation reading in Canada I posted stands on its own. In that rain at that time there was a dangerously high level of radiation. Busby talking about radon in Brazil isn't remotely relevant to what I posted so why try and distract from it? Telling me to own a geiger counter or just take another reading doesn't change it. That reading in that rain a few months after Fukushima blew up is what it is. Why so adamant in denying it exists or could actually be true? Truth works both ways - either people are open to all facts or they are only open to facts that support their version of the truth.

edit on 17-1-2014 by wishes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Anyone interested in real information needs to scour every nook and cranny for tidbits of truth. Even the government and nuclear industry on occasion publish truth - is a continual exercise in vigilance and open-mindedness.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Human0815

WesternKyMan January 17, 2014 at 2:13 am Log in to Reply
www.abovetopsecret.com... I started that thread try and be logical about Fukushima…. There are some pro nukers in that post that just make you reach through the screen and smack em lol

Source

I think you are playing a really unfair Game!

I think that was hilarious and very clever!

edit
Sorry, I have a glitch in posting this and it won't quote properly or let me change it. The "I think that was hilarious and very clever!" comment is in reply to Rickenva's post about the thread he started to which Human replied "I think you are playing a really unfair Game!" This post insists on keeping only the part from that post with the link to Gunderson's comments which confused the whole thing....

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wishes

I doubt that you are in a Position to tell me what i can do
and what not

Enenews get debunked since Day 3. of this Accident and their
claim that Pool Nr. 4 is on Fire and Reactor Nr. 3 incl. Core exploded,
they continue to spread Lies on and on like Fukushima 50 are
all death, the SfPool Nr. 4 will explode when Tepco touched it,
on and on!

Enenews done more Harm with their Lies than any other News Source!

But when you want to talk about Enenews u need to open up a Thread
because it is Offtopico here.

I linked Busby to build a Bridge for you but you
couln't see it, you don't want to get the knowledge
about Rain Samples.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

game over man
reply to post by jrod

Where is the source? What tuna are you talking about?

Mostly blue fin, but I am confident the same is true for large yellow fin. These fish are on the high end of the food chain. I am a fisherman and word about problems in a fishery get out pretty quick.

Here is a link:

nodisinfo.com...

Over a year ago, in May of 2012, the Wall Street Journal reported on a Stanford University study. Daniel Madigan, a marine ecologist who led the study, was quoted as saying, “The tuna packaged it up (the radiation) and brought it across the world’s largest ocean. We were definitely surprised to see it at all and even more surprised to see it in every one we measured.”
Another member of the study group, Marine biologist Nicholas Fisher at Stony Brook University in New York State reported, “We found that absolutely every one of them had comparable concentrations of cesium 134 and cesium 137.”

edit on 17-1-2014 by jrod because: add quote

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

What kind of fisherman are you? Commercial or sport? What was that link? You have to be joking...There is no report confirming any of this.

What is the bluefin quota? Tell me about the population of bluefin tuna? Do you know bluefin tuna is an endangered species?

How are sport fisherman testing the radiation? How much does testing cost? What restaurants and grocery stores sell tuna from the USA?? I'm not talking processed in the USA, but product of the USA?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join