It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Jet fighters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Russian airshow, displaying some great skills.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
All I can say is WOW!

It amazes me some of the abilities modern day jets can achieve. Truly amazing times.

Thanks for that OP.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
State of the art jetfighters, unbeatble in dogfights. Russia has the best jets, dont expect to see an f-22 doing that.
JMHO

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by payta

I don't think I would go that far but I'm not gonna claim to be an expert...however if I know my forums I would expect 1 or 2 experts to show up and probably disagree with that sentiment. Regardless that is a truly awesome display of "aerobatics". I could only imagine how a dogfight over head might look.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

these are model r/c aircraft

still some very impressive flying

but they are not real lmao

ok so now ive watched a bit more...

there are some real aircraft, however the 2 at the start are radio controlled models

edit on 13-1-2014 by sputnik because: see above

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The first two are RC.

No pilot in his right mind would be tail standing that close to a runway at an airshow.

The rest of the vid is real

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by payta

F22 has and can do that (minus the obviously pointed out RC craft). Pretty maneuvers don't win dog-fights; and I am not taking away from the awesome display of Russia's aircraft.

These planes are nearly limited by the pilots now, not the airframe.

Here is what a 22 can do, which can be matched by upcoming 5th Generation fighters from Russia...

And one "comparing" the Su-47 and F-22

edit on 13-1-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Let's not forget that exactly ONE Su-47 has ever been made......

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

You know, I want to save this thread for one reason; to highlight ATSers' banality and fickleness. Your post, is a quip and mine is something along the lines of just above a quip. Both point out the obvious and yet you somehow have pulled 4 stars (for to be honest, nothing spectacular).....

Oh and this is nothing to take away from what you said and I know it is highly off-topic and sounds whiny...just observing and noting for future reference when I need to highlight such behavior.

This thread is ridiculous as a Russian whiskey or an American vodka.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Should have included that the Russians only have ONE Su-47 and maybe you would have got more stars

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

I know right?! I wasn't knocking the Gaul....just was philosophizing on it.
edit on 14-1-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I`ve seen USAF F-15Cs do tail stands before. Any aircraft with good low speed handling and a higher thrust to weight ratio can achieve this maneuver. Pilot skills also play a big factor. However fully sized non-VTOL aircraft would not be able to do this for more than a few seconds as heat builds up quick when the aircraft is putting out that much power with so little airflow.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I prefer to think that my "quip" was actually dragging ATS back to confronting reality rather than wallowing in fantasy.

IMO it needs to be done more often.

sorry about that.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I know their jets cant compete with american and european in avionics and technologywise, but i really like sukhoi's models and Ive always been a fan of russian jets, I think they have a great tradition making excellent aircrafts, regardless being limited by their budget.
Alas they cant spend 300 bi developing the pak fa...

edit on 16-1-2014 by payta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Not Russian, Chinese.

The first two are r-c model J-10's and the 'Flanker' is the Chinese J-15 copy variant.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

payta
State of the art jetfighters, unbeatble in dogfights. Russia has the best jets, dont expect to see an f-22 doing that.
JMHO

Really then why is it when Russian tech has to go up against western tech it kinda sucks. But please I would love some proof. Otherwise all the talking in the world means nothing.

It seems to me Russia likes to push it's chest out and strut around like a peacock. Heck even Putin acts this way. He is a peacock.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Star and flag for bringing such an interesting and breath taking spectacle to my attension.

If they can achieve aerobatic maneuvers such as this then pretty soon they wont even need wings anymore.

Absolutely spectacular!
edit on 16-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

SubTruth
Really then why is it when Russian tech has to go up against western tech it kinda sucks. But please I would love some proof. Otherwise all the talking in the world means nothing.

Modern Russian tech has never "gone up" against anything western. Export versions have, piloted by non Russian nationals, but the last time actual Russian equipment, piloted by actual Russians, went up against Western tech in anything like a combat situation it was Mig 25's flying too high and too fast over Israel for the then state of the art F-4 Phantom to catch.

Pray that modern russian tech, piloted by actual russians never "goes up" against anything western. I would imagine we would all be having a very bad day shortly afterwards.

It seems to me Russia likes to push it's chest out and strut around like a peacock. Heck even Putin acts this way. He is a peacock.

As opposed to what Americans do? Take the ol' red white and blue specs off and you'll find that everyone is proud of their own militaries.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

waynos
The first two are r-c model J-10's and the 'Flanker' is the Chinese J-15 copy variant.

The first two I can't speak to, but I see the Su-37 in there for a couple seconds, and at 1:40 I believe we are looking at a Su-30MK from an old Youtube video. I don't recall which of the many MK variants it was, but it could very well be MKK.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkpr0

You are correct, my trouble is as soon as I realised the J-10's were just models I lost interest, I skipped forward and saw the J-15.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join