It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Strange OBE While Awake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I figure an Out of Body Experience is Paranormal, correct?!

This is going to be kind of hard to explain, so bare with me. I have three sons, ages 18 (just recently), almost 16 and 10 whom I love very much and have been accused of smothering. My almost 16 yr old has really been a challenge to raise and put me through a lot, but I feel closest to him for some reason, probably that very reason.

Now that there's a little background I will try to explain what happened this evening. I was in the kitchen making myself a cup of coffee when my 16 yr old came in and poured himself a drink. I reminded him to take his melatonin, which he did right away and then he walked out of the room forgetting his drink. I called him back in to get it and as soon as he rounded the corner I was outside my body and watching from about 2 feet behind. To my right I saw him pick up his cup and at the same time, like a double exposure in a film, I saw a 3 yr old him on my left hanging on my leg and me handing him a sippy cup. The 16 yr old him said "Thanks Mom" and the 3 yr old him said "Dank you Mommy" in unison. As soon as the 16 yr old him walked out of the room I was back in my body looking down at my coffee cup, stirring it absent mindedly with my spoon and feeling a little dizzy.

Needless to say this has shaken me up and I have no idea what to make of it. A hundred different things have run through my head as to what happened and why it happened, but I can't make sense of it. Could this be the "thinning of the veil"? Was it merely an intense memory? Is there something I'm supposed to take away from this? Maybe it's just me being over-stressed? I'm at a complete loss.

Has anything like this happened to any of you? Does anyone have an idea as to what happened and/or why? Help me out here if you can, it's really unsettling.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Probably nothing, but I noticed in your post you mentioned that your son was taking melatonin. Any chance that you take this as well - I know that this as the ability to greatly increase REM phase of sleep and can have other affects as well.

The experience you had seems to relate to either OOBE or a dream state, my guess is that if you take the melatonin just before that, it may (although very rare) have induced this effect.

Actually if you google Melatonin Hallucinations you will find that this is considered a well known side affect.

forums.welltrainedmind.com...
www.livestrong.com...

reply to post by IrishCream

edit on 12-1-2014 by Infinitis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Infinitis

I don't take Melatonin myself. My 16 yr old and my 10 yr old take it about a 1/2 hour before they go to bed. Both of them are big "gamers" and they need a little help regulating their sleep/wake cycles. My 16 yr old also takes 2 Rx's for a severe mood disorder (which I'm not overly keen on, but since he's over 14 by law it's up to him to decide) and those contribute to poor REM sleep for him.

I wish I was taking it though because it would certainly help explain this experience lol. Thank you for you contribution.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

While it seems unsettling, it is because ... drumroll for oncoming weirdo... In reality we are not bodies, but consciousness or energy. Weren't there some threads on here recently about science even beginning to point to the fact that we exist in some kind of hologram and no one really understands how energy quite works. (That's what we need Sheldon for...lol)

Do you meditate? - that could help precipitate such an experience. But, sometimes just dropping our awareness of our bodies comes naturally, which seems to be what you experienced.

I don't understand the science of it all, but have experienced what happened to you - once while driving on an interstate - completely able to continue to drive while at the same time knowing I was "watching myself" drive. Does that make sense or help?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

It does help actually, even if just knowing it has happened to someone else lol!

I read bits a pieces of those threads, a little too "sciencey" for my brain, but amazing information none the less. It was not scary per se, it might have even been a tad bit fun truth be told. I wasn't driving down the interstate though haha. It was nostalgic too, I had almost forgotten what he looked like at that tender age.

It's been a few hours now and I've had some more time to think about it. Maybe it was my higher self/spirit or whatever trying to remind me of how innocent he still is? You see, he's had substance abuse problems as well as "behavior" problems and is (very recently) coming out the other side of that. He goes to a Drug & Alcohol counselor and has a mobile therapist who comes to the house once a week. These "issues" have been going on for a little more than 2 years and I was almost at the point of an emotional breakdown, almost cracked a few times. So, seeing him at 3 with those little curls on his head and hearing that high pitched little voice was just, well I don't know, healing maybe?

All I know is once I was back to stirring my coffee and 3 yr old him was gone, I wanted to run to his room and hug him. I stopped myself though cuz it would have weirded him out for sure lol!

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

It is Indeed strange but what you experienced was a mufti-dimensional shift. Both of the past and present, and your right in saying the veil is thinning.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlyn2014

Pappaw?!

I'm going to totally derail my own thread (sorta) here! You posted to this thread right after joining this site! My Pappaw was named Merlin and he was the only man in my life growing up, I loved him so very completely. He died in 2009 and I hadn't seen him for 3 years before he passed for a number of reasons. In fact I didn't even find out about his death until 2 months after it happened. I miss him more than words can say and think about him very often, I hear songs, smell smells and they make me think of him. Tears come to my eyes, sometimes I even break down and cry because it hurts so much.

How ironic is it that this brand new member, with this name (Merlyn2014) would come here and make this their first ever post?! WOW, just wow!

Oh AND say what they said?! Goosebumps!
edit on 12-1-2014 by IrishCream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Wow! Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I am very interested in just this kind of thing.

The previous poster was absolutely correct when he/she stated that "we" are not our bodies. Also, it has been suggested that "time" is all happening at once. It definitely could have also been a message from your higher-self (that higher aspect of you) that he's still the same person he was before, just with a few more Earthly experiences under his belt.

I have a couple of references for you that might help you (and others, too).

This one is from my own website, and all the articles on OBE's - there are perhaps 25 or 30 articles on the subject:
AngelicView

This second link is to OBERF (Out of Body Experience Research Foundation). There you will find more stories of other people who have had similar experiences to yours':
(Hmmm.... I don't know if there's something wrong with my computer or what... but it won't let me insert another link!)
So here's the site: www.oberf.org

I hope those can help you out!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Very intriguing! Thanks for sharing your experience, it's quite spiritually inspiring. Remember, even if you can never fully explain what happened, the important thing is what you took away from the experience. It sounds like it really hit you hard, especially the feeling that you wanted to run to him and hug him afterwards. Just as a guess, i'd say that because time is cyclical, it could have been a time shift or time overlapping for a moment, maybe even a dimensional leak of some kind. The veil between our world and the infinite other worlds that exist alongside our own is paper thin, and I think many humans are beginning to peak beyond them. Good luck in your search!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

Thank you for the information. I spent a good while on your blog site... VERY interesting stuff there beyond OBEs and a lot of it is subject matter that intrigues me. Today I plan to read "Life Before Life: The Pre-Birth Experience"!

Also, I filled out the (very thorough) questionaire on the OBERF site.

reply to post by peaceblaster

Awwww, but I need to know what happened lol. Things like that bug me, not having answers that is. I'm sure I'll reach a point where I am okay with it, or at the very least accept that it actually happened.

I also believe the veil is thinning, which is why it was one of my first thoughts after the initial shock and emotion faded. Maybe I'm finally tapping into something after all these years of searching and questioning... that would be nice.

Thank you both for your contributions, I appreciate you.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I don't mean for this to sound religious. but we are the same human beings today as were thousands of years ago. Science hasn't changed anything, only that (as the poster above mentioned) science is beginning to realize what we are and have been all along - We are spiritual beings in physical bodies created by God.

I know of several people who had powerful OBE's but I don't wish to go into that as I feel it is unnecessary as you yourself now know, having discovered by your experience as outlined in the OP. I'm not sure if this is completely new to your understanding? But if so, I really recommend researching for yourself. I am a Christian today but I was an atheist up until 20 years old (43 now) and had a powerful conversion in Jan 1991. Please consider as our souls live on for eternity after our mortal bodies die.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Thank you for contributing surrealist. OBEs are not new to me, I have known about them for a long time. However, they, like so many other things "spiritual" in nature, remained a mystery to me and I wasn't sure how much stock to put in them. Now I know first hand how very real they are lol.

Unlike you, I was raised in the Christian Church and then left to find the answers to my many questions on my own. The answers were not available from my "leadership" and my questions seemed to disturb them... oops! This is just another answer I have received along my journey. It has been harder to do this on my own, no doubt, but I remain very close(for lack of a better word) with Christ Consciousness and I'm okay with that.

Today, courtesy of AngellicView, I will be delving into the subject of life before life. If I'm correct in my assumption, it has to do with our consciousness having awareness before we are born and possibly having a role in choosing our incarnated life's path/challenges. Real interesting stuff right there

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I was raised going to a Christian church too. It took many, many years for me to open up to "other" answers for questions I had.
It's tough to get through all the brain-washing sometimes.

I have a question... Do you know whether you live on any ley lines, or have any close by?
Now that the veil is thinning at an increased rate, these ley lines will help us to see into other dimensions. And, as you and others have already stated, all "time" exists in the same place, we just haven't been able to tap into it like we are now.

Also, your mind had to be in a certain "state" for you to jump out of your body like that. Were you extremely tired, sleepy, relaxed, etc.?

I think you just experienced one of those weird things that we will begin to see more of as the veil thins... past, present, and future all at once.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
OBE's while awake, while rare, are definitely possible. If you go through any advanced instruction, eventually they teach exercises to get out of body while awake. Essentially OBE's are really when the mind is fully awake, but the body is asleep. It's harder to OBE when fully present because the body is still active. Not impossible, just more difficult.

Sometimes events like this can be messages from your higher self to continue the practice or see what's there for you.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Thanks! I am really glad you liked it and I have worked very hard on it. I have almost 600 articles there! Whew!

OBE's are a fascinating subject. I had one. Actually, I don't really know if it was an OBE or an NDE. I was very sick at the time but I was alone in my room when it happened. I don't really think I was that near to death. So I bet it was an OBE. But I found myself floating above the Earth! In Space. It was awesome and amazing. It is posted on AngelicView, as well.

Thanks for the lovely comments

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Infinitis

Probably nothing

yea.. probably nothing.. since ..

she just explained she had an awaked OOBE ...

but yea.. prolly nothing.. you know.. this happens to all of us ALL the time..

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

IrishCream
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I figure an Out of Body Experience is Paranormal, correct?!

This is going to be kind of hard to explain, so bare with me. I have three sons, ages 18 (just recently), almost 16 and 10 whom I love very much and have been accused of smothering. My almost 16 yr old has really been a challenge to raise and put me through a lot, but I feel closest to him for some reason, probably that very reason.

Now that there's a little background I will try to explain what happened this evening. I was in the kitchen making myself a cup of coffee when my 16 yr old came in and poured himself a drink. I reminded him to take his melatonin, which he did right away and then he walked out of the room forgetting his drink. I called him back in to get it and as soon as he rounded the corner I was outside my body and watching from about 2 feet behind. To my right I saw him pick up his cup and at the same time, like a double exposure in a film, I saw a 3 yr old him on my left hanging on my leg and me handing him a sippy cup. The 16 yr old him said "Thanks Mom" and the 3 yr old him said "Dank you Mommy" in unison. As soon as the 16 yr old him walked out of the room I was back in my body looking down at my coffee cup, stirring it absent mindedly with my spoon and feeling a little dizzy.

Needless to say this has shaken me up and I have no idea what to make of it. A hundred different things have run through my head as to what happened and why it happened, but I can't make sense of it. Could this be the "thinning of the veil"? Was it merely an intense memory? Is there something I'm supposed to take away from this? Maybe it's just me being over-stressed? I'm at a complete loss.

Has anything like this happened to any of you? Does anyone have an idea as to what happened and/or why? Help me out here if you can, it's really unsettling.

thanks for the courage for posting this ..

I personally have never had an OOB awake or asleep .. not sure if I want to actually.

if it happens again.. I'd start a journal

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Hey all, thank you for your thoughts and contributions. I am still shocked that this happened to me, but it is sinking in and I have been finding a lot of information on my experience, most importantly that I'm far from alone.

Sled735: I have no idea if I am on any ley lines, how would I go about finding that out? Is it something I could find on a map? I moved to this house less than a year ago (which was one of the odd things about seeing my 3 yr old here) and I have noticed other "unusual things since moving here... most notably my garden. I had tried my hand at tomatoes and flower beds before and knew I had a green-ish thumb, however my first attempt ~ever~ at real vegetable gardening was ridiculously successful. I didn't use a single chemical or any compost and you wouldn't believe the harvest! I can't explain it other than to say, as soon as we came to look at this place, I knew this was home!

BuddyBenerbs: Not sure if I would want to learn how to make these happen on command lol. I am really starting to believe that this was a message from my higher-self, telling me to not give up or break down... that my son is going to be okay. It really reminded me of the deep unconditional love I have for him. Sometimes that's hard to feel when you are being abused by that person, but that is another discussion for another thread.

Angellicview: You are very welcome, and the comments are true and well deserved. I reccomend your blog for anyone seeking answers... or at least more information, about anything prarnormal and/or spiritual in nature. Also, tanks for posting the whole Messiah Complex show... love me some Russell Brand lol. I'd love to hear (read) more about your OBE, I mean OUTER SPACE?! WOW! So I'll be going over to the blog to search for it, but feel free to post it here for others too if you are so inclined.

Komodo: Hehehe thanks
I don't think the poster meant for their response to be insulting or anything, they were just being a little more scientific while searching for an answer for me... I gave them a star for their contribution anyway. And as far as the OBE experience itself, I honestly hope everyone gets to have one at some point during their lifetime. Now that my shock has waned, it really was a very powerful thing. It shed light on a lot of the dark corners of my limited understanding of, well everything!

Again, thanks all of you for contributing, I'm glad I posted about my experience now. It's always a little intimidating to post personal experiences here anymore, you just don't know what types of responses you'll get. This has been very positive for me so far and makes me grateful for my ATS community.

Now I hope Merlyn2014 comes back and tells me that they, in fact are not the spirit of my deceased grandfather and that it was just an amazing coincidence lol!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

IrishCream

Sled735: I have no idea if I am on any ley lines, how would I go about finding that out? Is it something I could find on a map? I moved to this house less than a year ago (which was one of the odd things about seeing my 3 yr old here) and I have noticed other "unusual things since moving here... most notably my garden. I had tried my hand at tomatoes and flower beds before and knew I had a green-ish thumb, however my first attempt ~ever~ at real vegetable gardening was ridiculously successful. I didn't use a single chemical or any compost and you wouldn't believe the harvest! I can't explain it other than to say, as soon as we came to look at this place, I knew this was home!

I would say if it "feels" like home, you have lived there in a past life.

Not sure what part of the world you live in, but here is a map of the U.S. showing ley lines. The dots where they connect would be the strongest points, but the lines running all over are also hot for activity.

Are you near any of these?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

WOW, from that rudimentary map I think I just might. I am in Pennsylvania, the Susquehanna Valley area, and without being able to zoom in it looks like I am very close to that huge intersection on the map.

I have lived all over the Susquehanna Valley area of PA (Lancaster County specifically) for all but 2 years of my life, the other 2 were lived in the Gila River Valley of Phoenix, AZ (Maricopa, AZ), guess I like living below sea level lol. owever, I've never lived in any brick and mortar dwelling that has felt this much like "home". It's not just the house, we have a corner lot in a development of duplexes that was built in the late 50's and it is almost 1/2 an acre. Just a fantastic feeling place all the way around, even my kids have dug in their heels and staked their claim lol.

Maybe, and here goes the "nutter" in me, this is where we're supposed to be during the coming/happening transition?! I'm not 100% convinced that all this veil thinning, transition to light, AWAKENING thing is real, but I can't argue the mounting evidence of it's reality in my own life experience.

Things that make you go "hmmmmm".

I did a little searching and found tat I am not near an intersection of ley lines, however it does look like I am directly in line with a "Dimensional Tear" line. Interesting...

edit on 14-1-2014 by IrishCream because: content added

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join