It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Plans To Seize South China Sea Island From Philippines, Says "Battle Will Be Restricted"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Either way, China is never taking the US mainland, which was the point of your saying they have troops in China.

What?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The Russians did it. Why not the Chinese?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Americans don't sit around the dinner table at night yelling "boo yah! We can kick everyone's ass!" Most likely we hear a military project and sigh and wonder how much it cost taxpayers this time.

Sorry, i forgot you haven't made movies about this stuff or shout U.S.A, U.S.A, U.S.A in the streets........
My bad.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

EA006
reply to post by Krazysh0t

What are Chinese capabilities? You seem to know so much about this.

56 submaries .. with 17 declared obsolete by China.
13 nuclear powered submaries .. with 4 declared obsolete by China.
70 destroyers and frigates .. with 20 declared obsolete by China.
1 Carrier which they have no doctrine to use.

Of those not declared obsolete I have no idea how many would be worthy of engaging a modern Navy, they really have only built a regional fleet to bully Asian countries.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

EA006

Americans don't sit around the dinner table at night yelling "boo yah! We can kick everyone's ass!" Most likely we hear a military project and sigh and wonder how much it cost taxpayers this time.

Sorry, i forgot you haven't made movies about this stuff or shout U.S.A, U.S.A, U.S.A in the streets........
My bad.

Yeah I can't even hear my telephone convrsations because everyone always chants USA non stop ... I think this post sums up how serious you should be taken.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

After nine pages i'll give up.
America's the best, China aren't positioning themselves after careful consideration of their future actions. They Don't have anything or anyone who can touch America, because it's just too great. They don't give a toss about their own people or future and will just roll over when war comes.
Far be it from me to point out there may be flaws in American thinking on the subject of a head on collision.
Sorry America, Sorry.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

declared by China..

I see. Sorry Americans. I'm just wrong
edit on 12-1-2014 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

Seriously? No one else engages in some nationalism? Ok, whatever you say ...

Doing that is no different than when two in-state rivals meet and people chant their school's initials at each other. It's a pride thing and not a serious "We're better than you." Sorry if it rubs you the wrong way. You guys likely have your equivalent practices at sporting events.
edit on 12-1-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Na it's not the same.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Many thanks to all who have posted here so far. So basically the gist of this go something like this:

China maybe swoops on the Philippine island because it's supposedly a Chinese island.

Philippines runs to the UN screaming they've been attacked, results unknown.

US responds due to our treaties with the Philippines and because they're going to maybe be the 51st state.

Obama has to declare militarily or we look bad (or if the polls support the dems by doing so.)

We gain air superiority over the China mainland where their troops are stuck away from the fighting.

China, not wanting nuclear MAD sends their 5th column up from Mexico with dirty nukes to attack US soil.

Chinese troops stopped a mile or so past Brownsville, Texas. Nuke disappears (Mexican cartel took them.)

We unleash the full military might of the US over said Philippine island.

China's partial regional navy collapses.

Due to naval collapse China considers full scale nuclear strike on aggressors (US & Philippines.) Changes mind.

North Korea invades South Korea. China maybe makes grab for Japan.

Chinese and US economy collapses, Walmart must now buy everything from India.

The UK doesn't want to get involved but have to if US says so. (French, Aussies, Canadians too.)

US wins mini war in about two hours due to mass DoD spending (if we want to.)

OK, think I've got it.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Lol, done and done.

you forgot: US wins mini war in about two hours due to mass DoD spending and magic weapons (if we want to.)

edit on 13-1-2014 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
China has a huge military machine, but it is not technologically as efficient as Americas....The action would be somewhat of a one sided battle should they get too far afield from the mainland as yet......
The vaunted anti carrier ballistic missile would be a shocker to America if it really works as claimed......but the Chinese navy is not yet up to the task of taking on the US navy.
India has a stake in the offshore oil of Vietnam,(they have contracted to do the exploration already)
and their navy is standing by to support this endeavour.
Should shooting start, look for a pre emptive nuke attack by Pakistan in support of China,as they would then have India boxed...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

elysiumfire
OccamsRazor04:

They have zero force projection power...

They are a nuclear armed country, you don't get more projection power than that! I'll bet they are more willing to die for their country than Americans are for theirs, and they can absorb the loss much better. Americans, eh...think they can act militarily with impunity. America got its ass handed to it in Vietnam, China is a fair number of magnitudes above Vietnam. Hey, by all means, underestimate China, They would love you to do so.

Krazysh0t:

We didn't go into Syria either, so that is a moot point.

Bassago:

Completely different circumstances.

You are both thinking moronically! It wasn't a different circumstance at all. And the reason why America didn't go into Syria is because Britain said 'no way!' It wasn't a 'moot point' that stopped America, but the fact that it would have been going into battle with the French, and not the UK. Once Britain shoved two fingers up at America, your Government crapped itself and frantically back-pedalled, stalled for diplomatic time, and frantically looked for a way out of the 'We'll defend the rebels' speech Obama made a year earlier.

Moot Point and different circumstance, indeed! Get a grip!
edit on 12/1/14 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

Or. Since the U.S. government saw how fast the U.S. citizens were not buying it and were quickly becoming irate. Seems most here don't buy the Al Queda card much now. Seeing how the CIA were supplying/supporting them in Libya. After they took down the WTC. Then saw the same thing starting to happen in Syria. Giving Syrian rebels weapons. All without positive proof to whom was launching the chemical attacks at the time. Service men and women campaigned saying they did not join the service to support the very terrorist that caused 9/11. The media tried to spin it. But when it was learned that a photo presented by the white house of dead children of a chemical attack was a recycled photo from the Iraq war. The U.S. government was now feeling the public breathing down its neck in anger. Syria was not happening! Not that time!
But we citizens here in the U.S. were to busy dancing and chanting u.s.a..u.s.a. ! As EA006 proclaimed.
I don't totally disagree with you. I even gave you a star or 2 over 9 pages. You at least made intelligent statements. Didn't agree with them all. But I did make efforts to walk in another's shoes.

Edit: this is in response to elysiumfire.. for the stating look how Syria went since the U.K. said no.
edit on 13-1-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
Arrogance? You (and the guy you are quoting) are mistaking my position on this as some form of boasting. I am by no means boasting. I am first and foremost speaking from experience. I am a veteran of the US Army and served in a war zone and secondly I am looking at the simple numbers. I am just calling it how the cards are laid out. We outpace the world in military spending.

You know the Germans outdid other European nations on spending and military tech.
The only reason the Russians won? was numbers. The Nazi's were astounded by the Russians ability to never run out of men.

Also, the will to fight counts for a lot, on both sides of the spectrum.

The Chinese people and leadership are more than willing to send 1000's at a time to their death. America on the other hand values life a little more. It's not about who wins or loses in a conventional war, its about what ground you gain and the enemies ability to drive you out.

America might have the most technologically advanced machines, but they take time to replenish. Not saying China isnt in this boat but China has the bigger manufacturing base, the better economy and more people to throw away.

Unless the USA goes nuclear first, China would beat the USA in a 1 on 1 ground war. IMHO!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

The Germans said the same thing about the U.S. on D-Day....the boats and men just kept coming till ammunition ran out or it was just to much.

But there is NO WAY IN HELL. THE U.S. WOULD DARE LAUNCH A NUCLEAR ATTACK FIRST.
God I hope not.
But on a lighter note. Even if the current administration is that dumb.. it would not work. The guidance chips were made in china.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

yeah, i think the Germans were more '' I cant believe the yanks just kept on coming ashore and walking into our bullets '' regarding the US.
yet the Germans were more like '' I've killed a million Ivan's and they're still crawling out from every fkn hole '' regarding the Russians.

I'd like to believe the US wouldn't launch a nuke first.. but if it meant your survival, would you still think that?

Imagine, if the will of good men played out a long, difficult and deadly war without 'the bomb' being dropped.. a win for humanity?..

Yet, would the world be a safer place if Oppenheimer and Einstein were killed in their youth?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

IMHO. Yes I would not strike first and ask question later. When it comes to a weapon of that magnitude. That would not be fallowing a general command. Blind obedience. But the world can survive a badly placed bullet. Not nuclear inhalation.
A cop ( the good cops ) don't shoot first unless shot at. They take the steps.
Presence.
Voicing.
Non lethal.
Then finally lethal.
But that takes some cool heads.

Part 2 if I had to choose. Oppenheimer goes. At least Einsteins work and mathematics are applicable elsewhere.

Edit: you're right...long drawn out war with no nukes. A win. At least at the end we can dust off and go have a beer agreeing to disagree and laugh it off.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Except xx006..he
was not coming across well.....a bit of a wanker.

Manners please you cheeky bastard.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

EA006

Except xx006..he
was not coming across well.....a bit of a wanker.

Manners please you cheeky bastard.

OK you're right

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

Thanks, comment rescinded.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join