It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this topic not of interest. Chris Christy scandal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
President Obama can't pass gas without someone on here proclaiming that he is responsible for global warming by adding his methane to the atmosphere yet this scandal of a republican presidential wannabe gets ignored? I don't get it.
Mess with Christie and risk having your city gridlocked in traffic. Message: Don't mess with the big guy in New Jersey.
www.nytimes.com...

How did he get the ez pass on this.

c'mon,....he's a republican...geez, get with the program here on ATS....there is nothing political THAT CANNOT be blamed on Obama
edit on 11-1-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Actually, there are those of us who are holding him to the same standards in which we regard Obama.

And both Christie and Obama are behaving the same.

Display ignorance and throw people under the bus.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
Losing weight is easy peasy.

Not if you are a sugar addict. (I hope this isn't too far off topic). People with sugar addictions are just as hooked as people with addictions to meth or coke. Carbs turn to sugar and carbs can be physically addictive as well. There are a few threads on ATS about sugar addictions.

Okay ... just had to say that .... back to bridge-gate.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by jimmyx

Actually, there are those of us who are holding him to the same standards in which we regard Obama.

or................maybe even us liberals are waiting for the actual investigation to get more information. but, that is completely counter to what conservatives are use to. so......maybe we didn't think we had to come out and explain it.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by ketsuko

Losing weight is easy peasy. The most important thing is forgetting everything you know about what you like to eat. I love hersheys drops. But I don't eat them. It is bad for me.

Its about stifling gratification in one way and satisfying it in another.

Christie's biggest problem is that he can't eat healther when he is on the run. I have similar problems when I am working so hard.

Nah, eating healthy on the run isn't that hard if you know what to do and make some concessions here and there.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

jimmyx

beezzer
reply to post by jimmyx

or................maybe even us liberals are waiting for the actual investigation to get more information. but, that is completely counter to what conservatives are use to. so......maybe we didn't think we had to come out and explain it.

Look at this point, if you investigate one, especially if the press does it, it will raise too many questions about why they aren't investigating the other. Lemon on CNN already has an interview out in which he grilled Wasserman-Schultz over the similarities between Christie and Obama and the hypocrisy over her position on one as opposed to the other.

They'll look bad of they actually dog too far on one and don't touch the other. Plus, its known that if you touch the one, the full weight of the government comes down on you for trying to dig too deep. That's scary for today's reporters; they don't have the spine.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

jimmyx

beezzer
reply to post by jimmyx

Bull.

Face it. You on the left will just have to suck it up and defend Christie or else look like hypocrites!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You are not wrong, trust me, the health of a president or candidate to president is very much an important issue, remember presidents have to pass a health test in order to get a clean bill of health, that is a common practice, when it comes to Governor Christi in his present status he will never pass that test right now.

Like you I could be mistaken but I remember how important it is after all.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Yes the south rich food is heavy in fats but that is not only the factor, I come from the Island food rich in fats and fried is common but Obesity was not a problem, that problem came after I left the island back in 1981, the introduction of fast food restaurant, and prepackage processed foods, competing with local home base ones, caused an explosion of obesity over the last 30 years.

We are mean to eat animal fats they are easily digested, what we are no mean to eat is chemically processed food and fats, combine both in a diet and you are for big surprised in the deterioration of your health.

Here in the south we have as many churches per square inch as we do fast food joints. Yes I am been sarcastic but is the truth.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

For me, "eating healthy" is low carb. So i basically switch off between bbq and subway salads when I am on the road. It isn't hard....but when you run a restaurant and can't really eat anything in it.....

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

In every type of industry or business, the person at the top has responsibility for his/her actions and those under him/her.

Except in politics. There, you can take credit for anything positive, and just play stupid over anything negative.

Tell that to Jamie DImon. LOL

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit2000 thanks for sharing with us, I agree that the weight charts in the US are obsolete as more than half of Americans no longer fall within the old established standards.

Not to get too far off, but the overweight subject is affecting not just the general public, but also the transportation industy in a big way. H.R. 3095 was recently signed by Obama and it addresses obstructive sleep apnea within the classed driver community (think truck and bus drivers) Somewhere between 20-50% of those individuals would be affected and the original law was going to follow the B.M.I. index. It appears as though the guideline portion has been removed, but will be left to the FMCSA to determine the best way to go about it. It would appear that the BMI may eventually show back up, the medical community has fairly well agreed that it's a good way to measure, but it is not infallible. I was at BMI 29 two years ago when this law looked like it would begin (I started riding my bike and have sinced lowered to 23!) and I can say I probably had apnea, but under those guidelines I would not have been restricted. I knew others that were 30+ BMI that did not have apnea but would have been subject to testing. Anyhow here's a link to a good article about it:Sleep Apnea .

To the topic originally posted, I think it was being covered fairly thoroughly by the liberal media outlets, but we were watching Fox yesterday afternoon and it took an 1 3/4 hrs before they even mentioned it. Sounds like damage control, but I would agree with several of the posters that governor Christie was already being moved out of the #1 slot.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by trumpet

Sleep apnea is a dangerous problem within those that are obese, my brother have already 3 driving accidents due to the sleep apnea, but he still holds to his license, I wonder when that issue will become a problem for some sufferers when it comes to getting a driving license.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by trumpet

Sleep apnea is a dangerous problem within those that are obese, my brother have already 3 driving accidents due to the sleep apnea, but he still holds to his license, I wonder when that issue will become a problem for some sufferers when it comes to getting a driving license.

Sooner than later is my guess. It's a serious problem. I worked within the transportation industry for 17 years. As I progressed, I no longer drove as much as my duties became supervisory, but I had to hold that CDL and pass DOT physical every year and drive during shortages. Blood pressure, vision, diabetes and heart issue regulations are already in place for these drivers. I think it was the second leading cause of fatal accidents behind DUI and was not that far behind. Professional driving is a sedentary job and often long hours, regulated by regular rest times, but not restful sleep. I would be afraid that a president that couldn't sleep naturally, on top of being super stressed could be dangerous in decision making and continuity of job. Even mild exercise and dietary changes can help.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yes exactly. Let's get the facts. Two thousand plus pages and no link to Chris is pretty compelling. I adopt a wait and see. Perhaps he will convert to the right side which of course is the left side.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Can we stay on topic please?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by trumpet

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Franklin Delano Roosvelt led the country from a wheelchair. I don't think there is a health exam they need to pass.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

But it has nothing to do with this thread and calling him a tub of lard is insulting and rude.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If he didn't appeal to conservatives how did he get reelected on the republican ticket? Did the democrats of New Jersey pass on their own candidate to keep him?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join