It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this topic not of interest. Chris Christy scandal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
President Obama can't pass gas without someone on here proclaiming that he is responsible for global warming by adding his methane to the atmosphere yet this scandal of a republican presidential wannabe gets ignored? I don't get it.
Mess with Christie and risk having your city gridlocked in traffic. Message: Don't mess with the big guy in New Jersey.
www.nytimes.com...

How did he get the ez pass on this.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Is he so loved by his staff that they would go the extra mile (pun intended) to let non supporters know they won't stand for it? Isn't this an example of the misuse of power? He claims ignorance but then again so did Reagan in the Iran Contra scandal. What did he know and when did he know it.
edit on AM000000310000000110222312014-01-11T08:22:54-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

My opinion?

The media has already chosen the nominees for the 2016 election.

I certainly haven't given him a pass. I think that "the buck stops here" applies to Christie as it does for Obama. At the very least, Christie should be kicked out and possibly face criminal charges.
If you don't want the responsibility, then don't take the top job! Simple.

But the meme of making excuses and being a victim has played so well for Obama, that they are using it for Christie as well.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Christie is toast. But the kind of toast with lots of butter, on both sides. When the guy who wants immunity gets it, Christie may even be packing his present office up, let alone measuring the drapes and the size of the fridge at the White House.
edit on 11-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Wait, you mean the governor of New Jersey was caught using heavy handed, arm twisting, underhanded tactics? I have just been so shocked by it that I don't know what to say. LOL

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I agree. The excuse of ignorance doesn't hold in a court of law it certainly shouldn't apply here. There are people in Ft Lee who are sueing for damages. I guess that means loss of business or missed meetings or even hey my dinner got cold. Thing is , as a full fledged democrat, I liked the guy. I saw him as a bipartisan politician who could put aside differences and work for the better good. If he really didn't know about this I wonder at the action of his staff and the misguided loyalty they have for him.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I hadn't gotten that impression? It's not raging national or world news as so much seems to become these days. This one seems to be more in perspective to where it really belongs as a regional event at the moment.

Still.. Christies little nightmares seem to have begun with the recent book which detailed Mitt Romney's team vetting and their results ...and wow, that sure wasn't very nice. It killed anything I ever felt in the most remote positive way for Christie.

The rest seems icing on the cake and I really have to laugh at this. Christie thought he could play footsie with the other political side, when he's played MAJOR polarizing figure in his own right, but nearly passive/aggressive in the methods. Dirty Tricks at their best/worst.

There is one way I think Hillary can ride a light race into the Oval Office. Put Chris Christie up against her. She'll be smiling the whole campaign like someone gave her a gift.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Did you do a search for this topic? Several theads on this and pretty much everyone agrees that he's a ****up. Yes, even us Rethuglicans can't stand the guy.

Don't worry, Hillary will save us all in 2016!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Let's be clear that the meme as you call it of making excuses didn't originate with Pres. Obama.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

The guy is a liar, he knew damn well what was going on!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

No content search but I've been watching the new topics and home page and didn't see anything. Guess I missed it?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

I would think so otherwise the actions of his staff is just plain weird. Who has that kind of loyalty to a transitory boss?
edit on AMu31u0110237312014-01-11T08:37:31-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

beezzer
I think that "the buck stops here" applies to Christie as it does for Obama.

Hey, that's True Man.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by beezzer

Let's be clear that the meme as you call it of making excuses didn't originate with Pres. Obama.

LOLZ

It may not have originated with Obama, but he sure as hell has perfected it!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

KawRider9

The guy is a liar, he knew damn well what was going on!

Of course he did! Look at Christie and how he operates. If YOU were on his staff, would you DARE do something so large for potential blow back and political cost to the big guy, without him even knowing you'd done it?

That sounds like a great way to become a blackballed ex-political staffer for life....but we're supposed to believe these leaders have staffs full of that level of stupid....without inquiring too much about how people come to work so close to them in the first place.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Maybe. I live in the mid Atlantic region too. But it's all over CNN.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

If I was on his staff something this stupid would never have gotten off the ground. That is if I knew about it. But it seems it was just two people. One to raise the flag the other to salute it.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
President Obama can't pass gas without someone on here proclaiming that he is responsible for global warming by adding his methane to the atmosphere yet this scandal of a republican presidential wannabe gets ignored?

It may not be getting as much press on here as it is on TV, but there have been a couple of threads started on it. I don't think the search function works well for everyone from what I've seen posted in other threads, but I used the ATS search function, typed in Chris Christie Scandal and found these 2 threads on it.

ATS Thread Started 1/8/14
And I think there was another one started on the same day that does not show up in my search and then there was this one

ATS Thread Started on 12/18/13

So it has been discussed, but not in much detail. Hope this helps some.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

If I was on his staff something this stupid would never have gotten off the ground. That is if I knew about it. But it seems it was just two people. One to raise the flag the other to salute it.

It is always interesting to see these men say "Doh! I didn't know!" with absolutely no trace that they appreciate the catch-22 that statement puts them in. One of two things must be true, then....

#1. They are lying and did know, in which case..they have no business continuing in public office.

#2. They really didn't know and simply have that poor a sense of judgement for choosing people and choosing those who choose the rest. As an executive office holder? That, too, leaves Christie with no ground to stand on for an argument in keeping elected office.

Of course, no one will impeach a sitting Governor over what that man has done ...but that's not because I don't think it should happen. We let the little stuff slide with all these guys, then turn in utter shock when big things develop and ask each other 'how could that have happened'? Heck...the little stuff trained them, that we don't care.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
CNN is now reporting thousands of pages of discovery. I want to read some of that. Perhaps a scenario of this type of action had been suggested at some point in the past. It involved a New York bridge so was there collision with people in the Port Authority of NY as well?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join