It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Cristie Administration Caught Manipulating Traffic For Vendetta (Bridgegate)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

SaturnFX
Now, I know plenty (most) of the republican fanboys around here will either fully stand up for the abuse of power for personal vendetta's against governments that dare go against any republican nomination (not the 7 degrees conspiracy type abuse of power but actual real corruption and abuse)

That is one way to start a discussion; lump (mostly) of posters who don't follow your ideology into one heaping pile.

On that note, it is an absolute abuse of power. It isn't the first, nor the last. It isn't confined to Republican or Democratic. It is power itself.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
“gov. christie- "why are three lanes closed causing massive traffic jams and harming my state?"

"it's a traffic study ordered by the port authority, mr governor."

"who authorized it? why wasn't i informed that this was going to take place?"

do they really expect us to believe that this is what went down inside the governor's office? either christie ordered this or his chief aide did and christie gave his approval. either way, he knew. and should resign. but if mark sanford can abandon his state for days and won't resign, neither will christie. they have no shame. but iif this were a democrat, they would be screaming murder and calling for head.”

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Disguting. Both parties are equally corrupt and petty though.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Christie fires employee who ordered bridge closing because she lied to him not because of the immorality of endangering NJ citizens, including children on 911 week!

Though he did apologize to the people of NJ and Fort Lee, he actually fired the people not for these acts but becasue they lied to him.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has fired a top aide who engineered political payback against a town mayor, saying she lied. Deputy Chief of Staff Bridget Anne Kelly is the latest casualty in a widening scandal that threatens to upend Christie's second term and likely run for president in 2016. Documents show she arranged traffic jams to punish the mayor, who didn't endorse Christie for re-election. The governor announced her firing Thursday, saying she lied to him and he is "embarrassed and humiliated."

Is that not a narcissistic and self pitying?

Doesn’t he get it?

I don’t think so.

I actually believe politicians like Christy don’t really care about human beings.

edit on 9-1-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

You are upset over the reason of the firing? That doesn't make sense. Should he have laid down some emotional rap about how he deeply felt for the people and because of that deep connection, I am firing so and so?

**Note**
I am not defending his actions or the actions thereof. I am merely questioning why you are so angry at the reason of the firing. At least he fired someone -- unlike our top officials who get shuffled around after falling on swords for their "bosses".

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Just face the facts, Christie will be nominated because the nomination process is rigged even if the people do not want him.

You can already tell the liberal and neo con apologist have already gone out to the media and said how great his apology is. They go so easy on him. If this is not a sign to get him elected in 2016. I don't know what is.

We get another 8 years of Obama and Bush replica.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

amfirst1
Just face the facts, Christie will be nominated because the nomination process is rigged even if the people do not want him.

You can already tell the liberal and neo con apologist have already gone out to the media and said how great his apology is. They go so easy on him. If this is not a sign to get him elected in 2016. I don't know what is.

We get another 8 years of Obama and Bush replica.

Then prove what you believe to be "rigged" wrong and advocate for a different candidate in the Primaries (where the real battle is fought).

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Other than pure revenge was there a reason for the lane closure? I don't think people blamed the Mayor or it helped Christie is some way.

I would understand if the closure made everyone hate the mayor or helped public opinion for some bill.

And how did the conversations get recorded?

I'm far from a Republican but something doesn't make sense here.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Government emails and phone text messages. It wasn't a conspiracy how they communicated. They did openly it seems, through official channels.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Could there somehow be a murder investigation here?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

crappiekat
Could there somehow be a murder investigation here?

It would be hard to prove, but could be negligent homicide...

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I bet Chris Christie is missing the good old fat jokes right about now....
So here is one

Christie didn't block traffic. Everyone was behind him at the Burger King drive-thru window.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Do we have to put Gate on the end of every conspiracy? If so let's do it for all of them. JFKGAte, 911Gate, BenghaziGate, Globalwarminggate, afghanisgate, Gulfspillgate, With that snippet from Robert Gates book about Obama...we get RobertGatesgate. That's my favorite.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This is how I've always imagined 66% of all government - No surprise to me. I think the government does things like this everyday. Want to drive a new car in your government car pool - pretend the old cars are broke down. Need a raise - give yourselves one and short the budget for what you are supposed to be doing to force the people to raise taxes to operate - I mean to approve your raise.

When Cristie called them stupid, what he really meant was stupid enough to get caught - not stupid for what they did.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

beezzer
Christie is yet another big government progressive.

Seriously? You're claiming Christie is a progressive? Seriously?

And progressives are for bigger government necessarily? Seriously?

Last time I checked progressives want a smaller military and NSA. In case you weren't aware, these are parts of the government too. Progressives do want the government to protect the people by regulating companies to insure that they don't endanger people or the environment, or take extreme advantage of people. Are you against such government oversight?

Want to call Christie a moderate and establishment Republican? Fine. But don't attempt to label him as a progressive.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Has anyone ever noticed, that New Jersey is the setting and talk, for many Hollywood films, of late? One of the smallest states in the country, but with the biggest name, in movies. Does anyone have a reason for this? Also, do you remember what happened when Obama paid Christie a visit, after Hurricane Sandy destroyed the Jersey shore? What's up with New Jersey, in the scheme of things? Why is it mentioned so much? There has to be a reason!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It really doesn't matter how all this plays out, as far as the presidential bid goes. We, the people, haven't picked the president for a long time. Our votes, our voices, do not count anymore. Just take a look at Obama's rise to office. One paid off (or threatened) judge set everything in motion. Jack Ryan runs for the US Senate seat from Illinois. Jack and his wife Jeri divorced. Both agreed to make divorce papers public, but not their custody files, in order to protect their son. The Chicago Tribune pressed the issue to get the files opened and Judge Robert Schnider went against BOTH PARENTS and opened the dang files. Why? So we could all learn that Jack Ryan fancied sex clubs and the scandal would put an end to his political career. And who was there to swoop in and win the Senate seat? Obama.

The corporations pick our president. The billionaires pick our president. The Bilderberg members pick our president. And if they want Christie as president, then he will be president.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Dare I ask this?

How many people were fired over the closing of the WWII memorial?

It was (temporarily) reopened for a rally attended mostly by illegal aliens, but was reclosed afterward.

I guess probably at least three or four people were fired over that fiasco, weren't they?

Harte

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

MrInquisitive

beezzer
Christie is yet another big government progressive.

Seriously? You're claiming Christie is a progressive? Seriously?

And progressives are for bigger government necessarily? Seriously?

Last time I checked progressives want a smaller military and NSA. In case you weren't aware, these are parts of the government too. Progressives do want the government to protect the people by regulating companies to insure that they don't endanger people or the environment, or take extreme advantage of people. Are you against such government oversight?

Want to call Christie a moderate and establishment Republican? Fine. But don't attempt to label him as a progressive.

The general MO of the conservatives is as followed:
Did a conservative get any bad press?
If yes, label him a progressive no matter what his stance.

Like that progressive Rush Limbaugh when he called that girl a slut.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

the only way to identify a Psychopath is observation of destructive behavior over a period of time, unless you have in IQ over 120. however Psychopaths as young as 2 years old can identify each other and are attracted to each other. people said they couldn't believe he'd do something that stupid. Psychopaths typically gave lower than average IQ's, and are impulsive.

if someone died because 1st responders were delayed on the bridge all involved in a conspiracy will be guilty of murder, and all are liable for all damages resulting from that behavior. I cant wait to see this unravel .. but there are lots of psychopath judges to let them go free. Christy is the best Zombie corpse the GOP has been able to dredge out of their Swamp since Nixon, who will they run in 2016 now.. Cruz.?

all political candidates, politicians and appointees, judges, police, generals, etc.. should be required to have a brain scan to determine if they are psychopaths. then i believe we could get our government working again. a psychopath can not represent the people they are elected to represent. they are incapable of serving anyone other than themselves, therefore disqualifying themselves for public service. weed em out, get this country working again. Politics was designed for psychopaths, concentrated wealth and power and the biggest opportunity to torment the 'Others'. psychopaths look at normal people as cockroaches to stepped on, robbed or raped. there is a psychopath spectrum, the low end is the serial killers, thieves and on the high end is an occasional surgeon, lawyers and a heck of a lot of politicians. read Dr Hares books, lots on youtube.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join