It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught on film, plane crashes on drag-strip.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Aircraft crash lands onto racetrack and turns into giant fireball killing two… but the co-pilot miraculously survives.

According to Icelandic news source Visir.is, the captain and ambulance man, Peter Robert Tryggvason, both died – but the co-pilot, Axel Albert Jensen, survived.

Incredibly, it is the second time the co-pilot has survived an accident. According to the user who uploaded the clip: 'Exactly 12 years prior he had an emergency landing.'

Pretty amazing that he survived, looks like the plane disintegrated.

This is his 2nd time? Take the hint brother and quit flying.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Imagine watching that happen, knowing that nothing you do can help after seeing the way it crashed; running/driving to put the fires out.... then finding one person still alive. I can normally watch things like this but for some reason it was hard to watch as the plane came in...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
wow! He certainly must have someone watching over him to survive an event like that twice

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Looks like someone was hot-rodding. (Pun intended)

Gear wasn't down. And the speed was way to high for a emergency landing.

I would say, pilot error had a play in this accident.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Do you reckon that plane was trying to come in and do a quarter mile timed run and got it all wrong

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

That is absolutely incredible that anyone survived. My first thought watching the crash was that nobody could have lived through it.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I agree , looks like he was trying to buzz the dragstrip to me and boy did he get it ALL wrong ....don't bring a plane to a car race.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
They had the perfect rescue equipment on hand to get there fast at least, but that looks like a nasty nasty crash he comes in VERY fast and not level.... ouch!!!

I bet the guys could not believe what they just saw.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Crazy... At the very least thank god no one on the ground was injured / killed.

As for the co-pilot he apparent has 7 lives remaining.

Im curious about the cause of the crash. Hopefully answers will come quickly.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I know, that's the first thing I thought.
Man they came in pretty damn fast.

Anybody else notice the 57 Chevy*?* was the first one rushing to the scene?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

SLAYER69

Anybody else notice the 57 Chevy*?* was the first one rushing to the scene?

Yes the Icelandics are fanatics about high powered machines of all kinds. What the pilot was up to is anybody's guess, except it wasn't a landing. He lost all his forward lift with that extreme manuevoure, and dropped like a stone.
edit on 8-1-2014 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
How could anyone survive that?!!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Could be that the nose of the plane came off away from the fireball, and that the dead pilot and passenger were crushed by impact rather than burned alive, and that the co-pilot was merely lucky that he was on the other side of the cockpit. It certainly appears miraculous, but if you have seen video of tornados and the people that some how crawl out of the broken wreckage of their homes, you know that devastation does not always flatten everything. The same could be said of this situation it seems.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

PhoenixOD

Jesus liked him, but apparently not the other two guys.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

PhoenixOD

Are you familiar with the person Vesna Vulovic?

On 26 January 1972, an explosion on JAT Flight 367, while over Srbská Kamenice in Czechoslovakia (now in the Czech Republic) caused the plane to break apart. Vulović, 22 years old at the time, was a flight attendant on board. She was not scheduled to be on that flight; she had been mixed up with another female flight attendant who was also named Vesna.[2]

The theory is a bomb was on board. Either way...

Vulović fell approximately 10,160 metres (33,330 ft).[1][2] She suffered a fractured skull, three broken vertebrae (one crushed completely) that left her temporarily paralyzed from the waist down, and two broken legs. She was in a coma for 27 days. In an interview, she commented that according to the man who found her, "...I was in the middle part of the plane. I was found with my head down and my colleague on top of me. One part of my body with my leg was in the plane and my head was out of the plane. A catering trolley was pinned against my spine and kept me in the plane. The man who found me, says I was very lucky. He was in the German Army as a medic during World War II. He knew how to treat me at the site of the accident."[4]

The impossible, at times, is possible.

In her case I think God hit the smite button and forgot to correct for wind.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I bet he wasn't wearing a seatbelt, sometime when people dont wear seatbelts they get thrown clear.

top topics

join