It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights in sky aren't UFOs; they're 'earthquake lights,' scientists reveal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Whats to say that these aren't "light creatures" that come out of the ground because the vibration could shatter their "crystalline bodies"...

I can make up stuff too see!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

That video could theoretically be showing Aliens 'Causing' the quakes, Aliens 'Observing' the quakes or they're simply "Earthquake lights" caught on camera

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I don't get it....

people saw streams of light running along the ground two nights preceding that great earthquake.

"along the ground"....

what does that have to do with lights in the sky ?

And if it is what they state...how does that come about ? Are these stones than thrown in the air and remain levitating while the curious public is amazed ?

edit:

just to be clear...since you embedded the pic in the OP with shinny round orbs...I assumed these are the lights they are explaining. I find it rather ludicrous.
edit on 6-1-2014 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

I've read them explained as being everything from a type of ball lightening to some other not fully understood form of magnetically super charged particles.

Who knows.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

MarioOnTheFly
edit:

just to be clear...since you embedded the pic in the OP with shinny round orbs...I assumed these are the lights they are explaining. I find it rather ludicrous.

Here, this should help

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I guess the problem I have with it is based on the title they're saying that all lights in the sky that are reported as UFO's are earthquake lights, which is absolutely false. I've no doubt that some are, but based on the amount reported when there are NO earthquakes, I feel they're reaching a bit.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
how would you explain a rainbow to someone who had never seen or heard of one? It would sound unbelievable like these lights.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

You know, I thought peeps knew how to clean their washing machines
with Clorox, and Vinegar too; yet just today I read a news article on it.

As to the article, hey good find Slayer!

From the link to the Study, this is a good list for research.
Awesome

To name a few, the Irish engineer Robert Mallet, the “founder of seismology”, published a five part catalog entitled “On the Facts of Earthquake Phenomena” (Mallet, 1851, 1852, 1853, 1854, 1855), in which numerous reports on earthquake luminosities can be found. His catalog, first presented to the British Association of Science, covers the years 1606 B.C. to 1842 A.D.. Ignazio Galli, an Italian priest who graduated in Natural Sciences, published in the early 1900s a catalog of 148 seismic events associated with different types of luminosities. His catalog covers the years 89 B.C. to 1910 A.D. and focuses mainly, but not exclusively, on European events (Galli, 1910). Other early researchers on the subject of earthquake lights (EQL) include the work of Taramelli and Mercalli (1888), De Ballore (1913), Terada (1931), Musya (1932), and Montandon (1948).

More recently, numerous studies have been published dealing with descriptions of EQL, some of them offering a possible explanation with regards to the light‐producing mechanisms (e.g., Yasui, 1973; Tributsch, 1978, 1982; Devereux et al., 1983; Gold and Soter, 1984; Hedervari and Noszticzius, 1985; Derr, 1986; Freund, 2003a; St‐Laurent et al., 2006; Derr et al., 2011).

srl.geoscienceworld.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

SLAYER69
I'm just as open minded as anyone else about ET but this makes sense and could account for a few of the 'Sightings' I'm not going to throw in the towel on the little guys coming to visit/study us just yet. I wonder if this explanation can account for all the sightings in the Peruvian desert or in California right before they experience an Earthquake?

I don't know. Piezoelectric effects can light up little kids' tennis shoes, or make a little spark in the dark when you bite into a wintergreen LifeSaver. But I think it's far from proven to be able to create stable lights that last any length of time over stressed fault lines.

And it certainly can't explain reports from seismically inactive areas where flying saucers land and take people on board for experimentation. (see the Parker-Hickson Abduction)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I too don't think this explains them all. But I'm willing to bet it accounts for quite a few.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

skyblueworld
Hmm perhaps they meant these lights:
Sichuan, China - 2008. Earthquake lights 30 minutes before the earthquake:

Christchurch, New Zealand - 2011. Earthquake lights days before the earthquake:

Sakurajima Volcano, Japan -2011. Blaze of light and smaller floating balls of lights shooting out of the earth:

Aren't some of those simply iridescent clouds?

Atmospheric Optics -- Iridescent Clouds

Perhaps there were coincidentally iridescent clouds prior to an earthquake, but iridescent clouds are not that uncommon, and probably can coincidentally precede a lot of things with which they bear no relation.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
I didn't think this was new, or news?

Naturally occurring Piezoelectric "Earth Light" events have been recorded and documented for awhile now ... I thought.

Hmmm.

I'm guessing I'm just taking it for granted that this is common knowledge?

Ah well.

Cue the resistance to Science crowd.

edit on 1/6/2014 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

The more clever among them will just say this is proof that "aliens are behind some of the world's most devastating natural disasters including earthquakes" because you know, Unsealed: Alien Files on TV told them so.

Didn't you "get the bracelet"?

edit on 6-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Blue Shift

I too don't think this explains them all. But I'm willing to bet it accounts for quite a few.

I would say "very" few, if any, rather than "quite" a few.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
while its possible this may be a possible explanation for SOME ufo's, I do not believe it is possible for ALL ufo's. Still too many people seeing some very advanced appearing looking craft or something, that doesn't look like its from our home.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join