It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality is natural according to original sin

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
If sin is natural and God is trying to help us ascend from the natural world to heaven, then yes, if homosexuality is a sin then it is natural.

sin = natural and not heavenly
homosexuality = sin
therefore homosexuality = natural

the logic doesn't get any simpler than that.

People sin everyday, even Christians so I'm not sure why someone would judge another based solely on homosexuality and yet not try to focus on their own improvement or be aware of other sins. It's like this is one of the main things they give focus too.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

iRoyalty

Well, animals (who don't have a sexual preference, or otherwise choice) can be gay, seems pretty natural to me.

I can't stand it when someone uses that old chestnut for an excuse.

Animals can be messed up with sexuality too.

It isn't "natural".....it's "normal" to accept a certain percentage of "unnatural" acts in the animal kingdom, humans included. All living things come with a degree of falability.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

My point was that it's not a choice, animals don't have a moral compass, it appears in nature too. You say you 'hate that old chesnut' but that's pretty good evidence that it occurs naturally, in fact it's the best.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

So if you're surrounded by so many gay people and still have that attitude about them, maybe there's a deeper rooted problem?

Just saying..

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." (Mark Twain)

The statistics for LGBT populations that range from 1% to 5% or so usually specify "identification as gay, Lesbian, bisexuals." I can think of ten reasons without trying why responses to that type of question would provide false data.

The statistics for same-sex experiences and attractions are always considerably higher. (Studies and Summaries 1940s-Present)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

CaptainBeno
With ranges around 0.6 to 5.4 % of the worlds population being either gay or lesbian. I don't really think it sounds all that natural? More an abnormality.

Mestizos/Native Americans make up about 4% of the world's population. Are they an "abnormality" based on demography as you suggest?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I have nothing against gays----but I am sick of talking about this issue.

I am sick of talking about it and sick of hearing about it.

You'd think there was nothing happening in the world except gay rights.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

MRuss
I have nothing against gays----but I am sick of talking about this issue.

I am sick of talking about it and sick of hearing about it.

You'd think there was nothing happening in the world except gay rights.

What are "gay rights"?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Obviously the right to be Fabulous hunty!

i believe that with the publicized appointed "Spokesperson" for the Gay community at times it makes it seem as though we want "More Rights" than other people, or we want our "Rights" to trump others just because we are gay and "Deserve it" . but if you talk to most of the Gay community that is not the case, we want Equal rights, and yes we have many, rights are different from "acceptance" it basically comes down to marriage which is becoming a Right for us, or like the topics of the Bakery that refused a Gay couple, or a Bed and Breakfast etc. we don't want to "Trump" the rights of other people, but if you are going to serve someone because their straight, we want the equal "Rights" to be served and abel to thrive in this world as much as anyone else not based on Sexuality Race Gender or Religion

it's more than "Gay Rights" it's "Human Rights"

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Darth_Prime
reply to post by Cuervo

Obviously the right to be Fabulous hunty!

i believe that with the publicized appointed "Spokesperson" for the Gay community at times it makes it seem as though we want "More Rights" than other people, or we want our "Rights" to trump others just because we are gay and "Deserve it" . but if you talk to most of the Gay community that is not the case, we want Equal rights, and yes we have many, rights are different from "acceptance" it basically comes down to marriage which is becoming a Right for us, or like the topics of the Bakery that refused a Gay couple, or a Bed and Breakfast etc. we don't want to "Trump" the rights of other people, but if you are going to serve someone because their straight, we want the equal "Rights" to be served and abel to thrive in this world as much as anyone else not based on Sexuality Race Gender or Religion

it's more than "Gay Rights" it's "Human Rights"

Exactly. More accurately, it is hetero rights that everybody keeps talking about but not everybody has them.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

If you think being gay is so unnatural and is equivalent to being a murderer, why do you surround yourself with them? Either you don't have any gay friends and/or co-workers and are lying or you have an even deeper problem seeing as how badly you talk about them.

If being gay is unnatural it wouldn't be seen all throughout the animal kingdom. Over 1,200 species show signs of homosexuality. Did they choose to be "unnatural", or were they born that way without a choice? The answer should be obvious.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

iRoyalty
reply to post by nerbot

My point was that it's not a choice, animals don't have a moral compass, it appears in nature too.

Unless you're Doctor Dolittle, you cannot know that.

You say you 'hate that old chesnut' but that's pretty good evidence that it occurs naturally,..

I'm not disputing that it doesn't happen in nature, what I'm saying is that some animals are messed up too.

...in fact it's the best.

And what do you mean by that. Please explain.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I guess someone who doesn't like the same kind of food as you is "messed up" too? Calling someone messed up because of a personal preference is pretty bigoted and cold-hearted. Just because someone is different from you doesn't mean they're "messed up".

I'd say the world could use more gay people, maybe we'd have less dumb people saying dumb things. I'm not talking about you, just making an observation.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It seems as though the point of the topic has been lost, whether being gay is ACTUALLY natural or not is NOT the topic of this thread, the topic is that according to Christian doctrine sin is a natural born trait an since homosexuality is a sin it is also a natural born trait by default.

The point is the hypocrisy of Christian beliefs. On one hand sin is a given, on the other hand the sin of homosexuality is not a given but a choice. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It's a bit of a logical fallacy to think that just because something is natural that it's also moral. Consider cannibalism for an example.

Also, what sets a Christian apart from other sinners is repentance. We accept our sins, ask forgiveness for them, and try to live better lives to commit fewer sins.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

ketsuko
It's a bit of a logical fallacy to think that just because something is natural that it's also moral. Consider cannibalism for an example.

Also, what sets a Christian apart from other sinners is repentance. We accept our sins, ask forgiveness for them, and try to live better lives to commit fewer sins.

What exactly is immoral about it?

Your religion doesn't like it... only because your book says its a bad thing.

but how exactly is being gay immoral... that is a logical fallacy in itself...

Just like the bible is the word of God because the bible says it is

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

What exactly is natural about cannibalism? That's a strange analogy.

If you do not accept someone for who they are and you want them to change you do not love them. "Love your neighbor as yourself", setting conditions on how love can be expressed is setting conditions on God because God is love.

According to Christian doctrine homosexuality is as natural as comitting any of the other sins. A Christian is no better than a homosexual according to god's law because they claim to sin every day. You may as well say homosexuals can have all the sex they want as long as they confess it every night. Having homosexual sex on a regular basis is no different from a Christian sinning on a regular basis.

If being gay is a choice then so is any sin a Christian commits, that means Christians "choose" to sin just like a person "chooses" to be gay.
edit on 31011414CST313 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

No, just an avatar.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Ok, jesus H Christ!

I don't have a problem with Gay people. Let's get this straight (Pardon the pun)

I just don't think the sexual part is natural that's all.

Same as (for all those gay people here) it is for you to put your man parts into a woman?

Do you understand that part?

Bloody hell, talk about blame etc.

I'm talking about the sex part not you as a person.

I have a lot of gay mates.

I still don't understand why they have to do what they do? It seems unnatural to me.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I'm not talking about the sex though, I'm talking about the attraction toward the same gender. A gay person being attracted to the same sex is just as natural as a straight person being attracted to the opposite sex.

But since you brought up sex, if vaginal sex is the only "natural" type of sex then the vast majority of couples, gay or straight/Christian or secular, perform unnatural acts all the time. If you are a straight man I'm sure you have "unnatural" thoughts about women all the time and have performed those "unnatural" acts with them. Hell, even using a condom could be seen as unnatural, but people use them all the time and no one bats an eye.

Why is there a double standard here? I'm asking in general, not just you.
edit on 31011616CST313 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Oh, and by the way, I'm not gay I just believe in equality for all.

edit on 31011616CST313 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join