It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality is natural according to original sin

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
According to Christian doctrine sin is a natural trait that every human being is born with and no one is immune to it. If sin is unavoidable that means it must be natural and since homosexuality is a sin then it is also natural. If being gay is a choice and a sin, wouldn’t that mean that sin itself is a choice as well?

If homosexuality is a sin and all are sinners, how is a homosexual any less likely to reach heaven than a Christian who claims to be a sinner and who sins daily?

This thought came to me and I thought it deserved its own topic. No one should be ashamed or looked down on because of the way they were born or their sexual orientation.

Thoughts fellow ATS'ers?
edit on 3101101CST313 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yawn.

Really? I can tell you from my point of view it's not a natural feeling for me to have sex with another man.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

According to a variety of web sources the meaning of sin in hebrew means 'to miss' 'to be absent'.

Any action of unconsciousness is sin. The action may look virtuous, but it cannot be. You may create a beautiful façade, a character, a certain virtuousness; you may speak the truth, you may avoid lies; you may try to be moral, and so on and so forth. But if all this is coming from unconsciousness, it is all sin.

Hebrew word for "sin" has been wrongly translated

The Aramaic root "Sin", as it occurs in "Sinai" or the "Wilderness of Sin" means 'dirt'.

Dirt, dirty, bad, wrong, sinful, punishment etc.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Well, animals (who don't have a sexual preference, or otherwise choice) can be gay, seems pretty natural to me. Also, CaptinBeno, you don't find it natural because you don't fancy men, people who do would find it natural, he's not saying everyone is gay, just that homosexuality is natural, especially from a biblical point of view where they say sin is natural.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Maybe you being stuck in your own point of view is the problem. Not everyone is you you know, I'm sure to a gay person same-sex sex feels very natural.

If homosexuality isn't natural then why is it a part of *GASP* "NATURE"?

Thanks for the bump.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
With ranges around 0.6 to 5.4 % of the worlds population being either gay or lesbian. I don't really think it sounds all that natural? More an abnormality.

Isn't natural about what our reproductive parts were designed (or evolved) for?

About as natural as sticking my hand in a blender?

Please don't get me wrong, I'm just an ordinary MAN that likes and is attracted by woman so it feels odd to want to do that with another man?

Still I guess, Murderers also say it felt natural at the time as well and I'm not a murderer, so I guess I will never know what that feel like?

Just saying that's all, not arguing.

edit on 6-1-2014 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Maybe you being stuck in your own point of view is the problem. Not everyone is you you know, I'm sure to a gay person same-sex sex feels very natural.

If homosexuality isn't natural then why is it a part of *GASP* "NATURE"?

Thanks for the bump.

And also not forgetting that anal intercourse is participated by quite a lot of women. What it comes down too is that there is stuff that excites you and stuff that doesn't.

If two men want to love each other let them. There continues to be much venom against the gay community and all that wasted mental energy could be put to better use. In context the human world has bigger thing to be concerned with what happens in someones bedroom.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

CaptainBeno
With ranges around 0.6 to 5.4 % of the worlds population being either gay or lesbian. I don't really think it sounds all that natural?

About as natural as sticking my hand in a blender?

Now that's just being rude. Write something with substance, enough with the smart quips. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Google it. Those are ranges quoted on the net.

The blender part, well, that's just what it would feel like to me? Same as throwing myself off a cliff? I wouldn't do it of course.......that's what I was trying to put over (badly)

I wasn't trying to be rude by using that as a comparison

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Who cares if it's a sin or not ?

As long as they enjoy it and don't mind my business, or flash it around for me to see.

I'm good with it. By all means. Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

No worries.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Very true OP. Only the homosexual act is considered a sin by Christians and only the homosexual act is condemned in the Bible. (Homosexual act = sodomy) See the Catechism of the Catholic Church's explanation. Your sexual preference is not a choice and being gay is not a sin. We all have our own crosses to bare, some harder than others.
edit on 6-1-2014 by ghostfacekilah00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

CaptainBeno

Still I guess, Murderers also say it felt natural at the time as well and I'm not a murderer, so I guess I will never know what that feel like?

Woah! That's kinda deep bro, I can tell you reeeealy don't like gay people...

Gay people are (mostly) kind and caring members of the community, I doubt you've ever had gay friends, but seriously, nicest people ever and always the most loyal friends. They will sometimes try and chat me up but I laugh it off an accept the compliment.

Now lets talk about being friends with a murderer, oh wait, no one is friends with a murderer who isn't one or who isn't dead.

Untasteful comparison man...

Also 5% of the population is a LOT of people and animals. I wouldn't call that an abnormality, that's still 70 million humans beings.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Yep, you don't know me.

As my name suggests, I'm a Captain.

Most, if not all of my past male crew are Gay. Including some of the women (Lesser percentage).

I surround myself with gay men all the time whilst away from home.

Sleep in the same hotels, share the same cab, eat at the same restaurants.

Yep, I know gay men better than you......probably.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Fair enough, I made an assumption, I'm good at doing that lol

My 100% honest belief is that gay tendency is caused by a deficiency in testosterone or oestrogen (I know gay men who support this theory), however that does make us all have a possibility for it, we all have varying levels of these hormones so we all have a potential to be gay. Why do you think the main people (outside of religion) who hate gays are usually extremely macho or feminine?

I think it's as natural as some guys being tall and some guys being short, according to our genes and environmental factors, we all have a potential to be gay.
edit on 6-1-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Welcome once again to the ATS weekly debate between christians and gay supporters.

Sin or not? Natural or not? Who gives a flying flip? The more each side pushes the other side, the more the other side is going to push back ... then we have yet another thread about the Christians or the gays pushing an agenda.

Since this war will not ever have an obvious victor, despite the claims of either party involved, maybe a ceasefire would be in order?

P.S. I'm not going to give you 250+ links, but if it's related to homosexuality, I promise there is already a thread for it.
edit on 201416 by scolai because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
People base their views on what other people wrote in books and as stated "History is a set of lies people agreed upon"

what is "Natural"? you say reproduction? but what of Women born Barren? they are no longer "Natural" even if they are "Straight"?

Natural is how we are born, i was born Gay so it is natural to me, i can't see myself being sexual with a female, i can't imagine how it is to be romantically or sexually attracted to a female, same as you can't with a male, it doesn't make you or me unnatural

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

A very very small minority yes, natural.....who knows? If it feels natural, good for you.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I hope that's not you in your avatar, because some would consider those tattoos are a sin.
edit on 6-1-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

it doesn't matter of big or small the minority. it could be one out of the world or thousands. we are natural because that is how we are born.

you are straight, you were born straight it's natural to you. i am gay, i was born gay, it's natural to me. we are both "Natural" by whatever "rules" that define natural

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join