It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality is natural according to original sin

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Why do straight people always worry about gay people having sex? It doesn't matter if you feel it is natural or not. If it isn't natural for you, then don't have gay sex. Simple. But that brings me to a question. Apparently, men can have prostate orgasms. (Located in an area where women would have to use fingers to stimulate.) And women have a clitoris...which is also capable of orgasms and is not located inside the body. Looks like both men and women have happy spots both inside and outside of our bodies. I think that those are little hints that being gay is a little more natural than what some people would like to think.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
According to Christian doctrine sin is a natural trait that every human being is born with and no one is immune to it. If sin is unavoidable that means it must be natural and since homosexuality is a sin then it is also natural. If being gay is a choice and a sin, wouldn’t that mean that sin itself is a choice as well?

If homosexuality is a sin and all are sinners, how is a homosexual any less likely to reach heaven than a Christian who claims to be a sinner and who sins daily?

This thought came to me and I thought it deserved its own topic. No one should be ashamed or looked down on because of the way they were born or their sexual orientation.

Thoughts fellow ATS'ers?
edit on 3101101CST313 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

I see your point. The MSM will have us believe that the world is going to end because of homosexuality. Let's not forget the other sins.. divorce... adultery.. theft... etc. To clarify, simply being attracted to members of the same sex in and of itself is not the sin here. As it has been stated ad nauseam (sp?) that for those folks with the attraction, it's natural.

Your point is valid. Let's not just focus on ONE sin. We need to focus on all sins. Ultimately, every single of one of us, EVERY single one of us are made in His image. And, as it says in Romans, we all fall short of the Glory of God.

Sin is sin. Big or little. It separates us from God. Don't hate someone because they sin differently than you do.

It's the homosexual acts that are wrong, just as the act of adultery is wrong. The difference for all sins is how do we respond to them? Do we get in our hearts to continue doing so? Or do we make like the prodigal son who with a contrite heart wanted to return to his father? Choice is yours.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

The thing is, is i don't think it's "Unnatural" for straight people to have Sex, i am just not Sexually nor romantically attracted to Women, but i don't believe it's "unnatural" so i don't believe you are "unnatural"

does that make sense?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I guess that according to Genesis the first heterosexuals (Adam and Eve) caused Original Sin.

Gee, thanks a lot.

edit on 6-1-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is what Jesus told the Two Witnesses about homosexuality... Seems there is a touch of confusion.
Jesus said: “No one is saved, apart from My love flowing through them, and no one can be saved by his own works or efforts, in this life. If people are not searching for Me, then I will hide Myself from them – even from the catholics, who have stopped searching for the truth; even from the protestants, who constantly reject it; even from the homosexual religions, who constantly profane, the Sabbath and My Holy Name. For what, is this New Age Church, that is, being built, by human hands? It is a church of idolaters, adulterers, fascists, lesbians, and homosexuals. It is a church, where every sin is welcome; but it cannot be My Church. For My Church strives for holiness, and sanctity, apart from this World, united to God the Supreme Maker of Heaven and Earth. This is My Church, you both belong to.” (-He was speaking to my wife and I). [-Jesus, Thursday, June 30, 2011]
[snip]
Don't get angry at me. Go to the source.
edit on 7-1-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
According to Christian doctrine sin is a natural trait that every human being is born with and no one is immune to it. If sin is unavoidable that means it must be natural and since homosexuality is a sin then it is also natural. If being gay is a choice and a sin, wouldn’t that mean that sin itself is a choice as well?

If homosexuality is a sin and all are sinners, how is a homosexual any less likely to reach heaven than a Christian who claims to be a sinner and who sins daily?

This thought came to me and I thought it deserved its own topic. No one should be ashamed or looked down on because of the way they were born or their sexual orientation.

Thoughts fellow ATS'ers?
edit on 3101101CST313 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Enlightened,

I get on here and butt heads with you a lot, and have even come to think of you as a friend. Thank you for posting this post. So much damage has been done to the Christian Faith by ignorant Christians looking down upon homosexuals. I completely agree with you on the topic. Sinning is something that humans do out of a childish sense of ignorance, thats why God offers us a free gift of salvation is because he understands we cannot stop sinning. Homosexuality is only a sin when they preform the physical act. In my eyes its the same as a Christian preforming any other sin, even one as small as lying. He who is guilty of one point of the Law breaks the whole Law. As Christians we should not lie, and tell homosexuals they cannot get into heaven, because they struggle with a different sin than we do it is wrong, and one of the most offensive things a Christian can do in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Don't take anything I say on here personally, we're all brothers and sisters. We may have our differences in beliefs but that shouldn't stop us from having love for one another. A little debate never hurt anyone.
I consider you not only a friend but a brother as well. Much love.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by castlejennifer

What's the source on that?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IsidoreOfSeville

I'm not sure that in the mind-crime paradigm of the Gospels it is only the acts that matter.

Jesus says in Matt 5:28 that any man who even looks at a woman in lust has committed adultery in his heart:

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

www.biblestudytools.com...

I don't really mind either way, because essentially it's all dated hogwash and nonsense.

Nevertheless, I'd agree with Jesus that straight men who look at women with attraction and lust should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

edit on 7-1-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

(post by castlejennifer removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IsidoreOfSeville

It is on www.testimonyofthetwowitnesses.com
I apologize as we are VERY NEW to this and I think I posted the response wrong the first time.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Oh, you're absolutely right! And that is indeed true. I was trying to paint a bigger picture and look at all sins, not just one.

That goes into mortal sin vs. venial sin, but that's another post.

In the context of the post though, I was implying the innate dignity in all humans as we were created in the likeness of God.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by castlejennifer

I got the message! You did just fine.

I did go to that site since you were so kind as to provide the link. I just think that site is a load of BS though, I have to say. It completely contradicts scripture.

Be careful what you read and what you want to believe. There are several sites like that out there, Flyersfan can give you a better rundown.

More importantly though, I hope you have a great spiritual adviser (not always your confessor)that can help you process things like that.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Ya know, I was thinking about this further. It's the indulgence of the thought I think that counts. IMHO. I mean, I think it was Aquinas (don't quote me) that said something along the lines of (heavily paraphrasing here) that sometimes thoughts aren't a result of a conscious choice. For example, when you to bed dog tired, but your mind goes in hundreds of different directions. You didn't will those thoughts into your head, they just pop up.

To bring it full circle, it's when you indulge in those thoughts and choose to let them linger is when it becomes a sin.

Mind you, I am no scholar or theologian, and Aquinas is pretty deep stuff.

edit on 1/8/2014 by IsidoreOfSeville because: Typo

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

nerbot

My point was that it's not a choice, animals don't have a moral compass, it appears in nature too.

Unless you're Doctor Dolittle, you cannot know that.

No okay fair enough, that is quite impossible to know for sure, however they are not shunned by the other animals nor do they make signs saying "Dolphin Jesus hates dolphin fags".

You say you 'hate that old chesnut' but that's pretty good evidence that it occurs naturally,..

I'm not disputing that it doesn't happen in nature, what I'm saying is that some animals are messed up too.

I don't think it's a case of being 'messed up' varying levels of testosterone/oestrogen is like being short or tall, there is no limit these hormones... Do you think someone who is 5" is messed up?

...in fact it's the best.

And what do you mean by that. Please explain.

it's the best example of it being natural is because it develops regularly in.... wait for it.... nature!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
How to dissect stupid crap people star on ATS out of ignorance that they'd rather not deny:

Part 1

CaptainBeno
With ranges around 0.6 to 5.4 % of the worlds population being either gay or lesbian. I don't really think it sounds all that natural? More an abnormality.

About as natural as sticking my hand in a blender?

Oh, aren't you from Australia?

You're 0.3% of the world population.

How unnatural you must feel.

Fire up the blender.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm just an ordinary MAN that likes and is attracted by woman so it feels odd to want to do that with another man?

But you're a tiny, tiny minority. You're not natural.

Part 2

Really? I can tell you from my point of view it's not a natural feeling for me to have sex with another man.

You're making the case for homosexuality being natural. If being natural is what someone feels is natural, then homosexuality is natural, because it's what they feel.

Also,

It doesn't feel natural to me to take a poop on the ground. Is taking a poop on the ground not natural?

It doesn't feel natural for me to drink water out of a lake, is drinking water out of a lake not natural?

Part 3

Please don't get me wrong, I'm just an ordinary MAN that likes and is attracted by woman so it feels odd to want to do that with another man?

So what you're saying is that heterosexuals having homosexual intercourse is unnatural, and homosexuals having heterosexual intercourse is unnatural. I certainly hope you're not daft enough to think you're saying that homosexuality is unnatural with that statement.
edit on 9-1-2014 by TheRegal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join