It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else put out streetlights?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Twice on the same light going back and back from the store for beer. It always reminds me of that Michael Jackson music video where the sidewalk lights up.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
In reference to all the people pulling this post apart as some kind of joke please see top thread right now

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and anyway yeah, look up Streetlight Interference (SLI)

I tend to think it's not totally controllable, and in fact mostly subconscious. I have noticed it my entire adult life, walking especially, but driving too. It has to do with your electric potential, chakras, whatever you call it. Mind power, will, connection with nature, that stuff. It happens to me in passing thought, sometimes lights will go out or on, as well. Sometimes I think on or off can mean various things, sometimes I think I think too much. But it's a definite phenomenom, I can flatly say. One of those things, more than chance.

Bottom line is, there's more to this universe than the standard model can explain.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by andboycott

I'm certainly not trying to be elitists at all.
There is no more simple answer than if you buy 100 sodium vapor or MH lights, turn them all on, you will see this happen in a few of them at least over the course of a night as temps and vapour states vary. It was explained perfectly well on page three. PAGE THREE, which personally I do find disturbing that ATS with the motto of "Deny Ignorance", now takes three pages until a thoughtful, researched, scientific answer appears, it never used to take so many pages... This is such a common occurance that our eyes pick out a change in light very easily, but to think it is some unknown 'power' is absurb.
While you may find it an elitist attitude, I don't say that at all. I do infact agree with DaasKapital. The answer was given out to help you guys, bish bash bosh, done.

What is a worry, is that many mental assesment test questions often will include questions along the lines of "Do you sometimes think you have powers, such as predicting the future, turning of street lights etc.". Yes, there are still many things unexplained, but for this there is a perfectly logical answer. Not saying anyone here is loopy, just perhaps uneducated in this subject.

ATS is suppose to aim to be able to discuss and understand this world. Most of this thread contained whimsical conjecture, those opposing that view of the world is not trying to belittle in anyway, we seek merely to help educate. I hope you understand.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Its sad that one simple explanation, with no reference to any other anomalies or individual cases, nor that has any actual math or research.. is called "scientific" by any stretch of the imagination...

It also discards all of the affiliated phenomena that can accompany these cases. It is not specific to streetlights, and the explanation you refer to does not even cover all of the "reasonable" bases that explain what is happening with street lights alone. Sometimes it can also be faulty wiring, faulty installation, faulty sensors, and some others.

So, no, the explanation is not encompassing enough. It only covers a percentage of the cases, and as such, can not be construed as a "solution" even within the realm of generally understood science.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hmmmmmmm

Happens to me too when walking along a sidewalk. Some lights turn off just as I pass underneath them.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I have noticed this happening to me. It used to be the lights would always turn off. Now it seems like I always turn them on. I try to radiate my energies outward, whereas before I would try to focus my energy inward.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I used to see this a lot. Street lights turning off, a few times on. If my subconscious is affecting the lights, it's much better at it now. Instead of waiting for me to get straight under the light, it will go off when the car in front of me drives under it. Lol, it's the other guy's fault now almost all the time. I haven't taken the time to watch certain lights. I figure they go off and on throughout the night without me being around. I just notice certain lights going off and on. Some lights never go off and on when I approach so it appears there is a problem with only certain lights.

I would like it if manufacturers would stop making defective products.

I found it odd to get an electric shock when touching my water in my water faucet. I haven't experienced that in a while.
edit on 5/1/14 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

orionthehunter
I used to see this a lot. Street lights turning off, a few times on. If my subconscious is affecting the lights, it's much better at it now. Instead of waiting for me to get straight under the light, it will go off when the car in front of me drives under it. Lol, it's the other guy's fault now almost all the time. I haven't taken the time to watch certain lights. I figure they go off and on throughout the night without me being around. I just notice certain lights going off and on. Some lights never go off and on when I approach so it appears there is a problem with only certain lights.

I would like it if manufacturers would stop making defective products.

I found it odd to get an electric shock when touching my water in my water faucet. I haven't experienced that in a while.
edit on 5/1/14 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

I had this problem when i visited my aunt constantly received shocks from the water faucet in fact complained about it. Well eventually they called in an electrician that found the previous owner decided to ground some electrical lines using the copper pipes from the water main.Like most things in life if you dont know what your doing or take the time to learn you can be hurt or misled. Luckily they didnt call in a parapsychologist or something might have convinced them the house was haunted.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Yes, though not always, and my son does more often than I do. They go off, then are back on later. It isn't all of them, or all the time, but it's enough to be noticeable. Weird, I know.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Not crazy at all...to me, as I too use to go by the lights on the highways and they would go out...just one every now and then...never looked back to see if they ever came back on, but also I have found out when you look at a certain place, during an electrical storm...a bolt of lightning will strike & you look in another direction and more lightning strike...just like one at a time, but yeah try it, as to maybe push out some form of an energy to do so and or try and make it happen. If you can or do...let me know and I'll show you some other things you can do with your new found energy force! But, you see...we all are no more then Energy anyway, as there is nothing even here, but US/ENERGY, as all of matter is void of anything and we all are Spirit Beings, as A Spirit Force of Energy and all Energy is connected, as we too are...as in all Spiritually connected, as one, as well. But, you'd be surprised at how much we can do...that's if you have the power and or are A Spirit Force of Energy to be reckoned with.

Hmmmmmmm
I don't want to sound crazy here, but even my friends have noticed it. I first noticed it when I was in college in the mid 80's. It's not that I can put them out on command, or that it's my headlights, because it happens while walking also. They never stay out, they start to come back on slowly after a few seconds.

Outside of my bathroom window is a streetlight and I turn that thing off while sitting on the pot at least 3 times a week. My wife uses the same bathroom and said it's never gone out on her. The odds that it would go out about two hundred times for me since we've lived here, Vs zero times for my wife are long.

I've always wondered if others have this happen to them.

Oh, new member, long time lurker.

Interested in ancient civilizations and the unexplained.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Weird, this happens with me also. Every town i go to theres one streetlight atleast that goes out when i walk up to and under it. Where i used to live my friends used to joke about the one light that didnt like me lol.
Its a strange phenomena, glad to find out im not the only one

edit on 4-21600kThu, 30 Jan 2014 22:33:03 -0600pm41 by NZkraw1 because: typo

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
No streetlights, but i often cause toilets to flush when walking away from them in public restrooms without touching them. Wierd huh?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Never noticed street lights going out but I'm always having problems with lights at home with the lightbulbs never lasting long. Three times I have had a lightbulb "explode" while on. This has happened at 2 different houses on 3 different lamps. It's really odd!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
YES, always wondered if there were other people who felt like this. It's not on command, but it's at the point of where it's getting so frequent i don't remember the last time it didn't happen. I've also always been 'lucky' with getting lights to turn back on, like my car's headlight went out and i gave it a good kick and it went on, this has happened 4 times with headlights and tail lights.

Also this is kind of unrelated but when driving I seem to always have birds flying literally right in front of me, flying down in front of or next to the windshield/window and looking at my like they're intentionally trying to get my attention, and my friends say it literally never happens when i'm not in the car.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I didn't realize this was a thing to be intrigued/concerned about. This happens to me all the time. Truthfully, I thought maybe it was just the electric company cutting cost by limiting function on the lights periodically. Like, I think or have thought at least that the lights maybe take turns shutting off to reduce light pollution, save electricity, and reduce how often bulbs need to be replaced. I could easily be wrong though, as this was an assumption my brain made as a result of me being around street lights that just would turn off around me sometimes.

Are you home at times your wife isn't when this happens? Or do you have a routine? Is it possible the light is even turning off around the same times every day?
edit on 10-2-2014 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2014 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Not street lights for me that I have noticed. I just blow light bulbs regularly and I shock everything I touch. The other day I went to turn on a lamp in my bedroom and when I touched the lamp, the shock sparked and lit up the whole room for a second. Luckily the bulb didn't blow that time. It is tiring and gets to where it hurts really bad. Also replacing bulbs... ick.

My hair is always full of static electricity too. It is so annoying.

leolady

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What's been odd for me is that for the last 2 weeks, I have experienced no shocks, and no street lights popping on or off. It's like I'm suddenly deenergized.

I think the street lights I sometimes saw turn off, were already off.

I have wondered what is the normal life span of a bright clear incandescent life bulb? I have several in my bathrooms that still work fine. I guess they were installed when my house was built in 1999. Not one has burnt out and I have been using them every day. My battery in my car remote died out on me one evening a few months ago. It was only 12 years old. It did start working again fortunately. If it had not, I would have been stuck outside in the cold 50 miles from home without a key to get in my car. I replaced the battery. I was just glad the battery somehow got recharged or had enough juice after holding it for a minute.
edit on 10/2/14 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

There are times I find when I walk by them they go out, but then also too after a few seconds they go back on again.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I have been doing this since my youth. Always when I've gone under the light. Its happened to me hundreds of times. Once i put out 3 in a 2 block stretch. Another time i killed most of my block over a month or so. Thetown came 3 times to trplace bulbs. None of my friends had this happen to them.
I reason it is vibrational harmonics and energy. Someday i may seriously research it.

Namaste

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
just wondering if any of you that have street light go out, can you wear wrist watches that are battery powered.
if you do do the batteries die quickly. i can't the batteries die pretty quick, with a couple of weeks sometimes days.

i use to be a industrial/ commercial electrical repair tech. and a few of us in the shop had extremely high tolerance to electric shock.

i know this is what some would call very unscientific, but we use to take multi meters and measure our resistance, and it would be very low. sometimes we take meggers and see how long we could hold on to the leads.
edit on 11-2-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join