It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by Char-Lee

yum yum , I wonder if a jam could be made out of them

is that a Zee I see

doesn't look like its made out of jpeg artefacts..
looks like its marked somehow

funBox

It actually does! It looks like a real design. Try seeing it from the other view opposite a Z interesting design. if that is a coin...from Mars I have dibs on it!
edit on 8-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Did Rover kill this small crawler? it seems to be on it's side! there are bugs everywhere!
Right Middle
areo.info...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

you mean so it looks like an N , or rotating it 180 degrees from the other side?..

also in the middle of that picture , is that a load of dewberrys , all merged together ? , looks like its growing in a cowpat

does that happen if they appear together ?

funBox

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

its three little legs sticking in the air
, I f there was one on the tracks its jam now.. looks like the rover was circling a whole clan of the little blighters , it looks like it could have been a massacre ;/

funBox

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

also in the middle of that picture , is that a load of dewberrys , all merged together ? , looks like its growing in a cowpat

very odd looking!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Yes but now i am thinking your way looks better...probably a swastika :-) Wish someone who can see to draw the lines in would...

Really though if it is a coin I have already claimed! Headlines "coin on Mars proves LIFE" haha!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

watch out the Nazis from mars are coming
, hmm Ironsky tribute ?

maybe that wasn't special effect in the film and they hiked a ride to mars to film, 3d animation is one hell of an expensive game

funbox

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I am seeing another Marsamal! it has two eyes and a ball on the end of the tail...i think :-) I think you colored the pictures better that whoever did these. I am enjoying these pretty ones!

Middle right.

areo.info...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

looks a bit like a flying crane fly , casting a shadow on the ground , but zooming right in , the main body part looks like a small ledge with cracks coming off

its a weird picture though , a field of dewberrys waiting to be trampled by the rover, or eaten by mars-a-lo

funBox

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

funbox
its puzzling , I understand that they have chemical analysis to determine if there is life on mars

Curiosity doesn't have any instrument to determine if there is life on Mars.

fair enough, but for scientific study of the environment , especially the pictures that come from chem cam, the picture are so bad at times , I find it very difficult to see what scientific data can be obtained with any certainty, never mind clarity

The images from the ChemCam are not supposed to be seen as photos, it's the raw data that's important, as that camera "sees" from infrared to ultraviolet, and it's supposed to be used as a spectroscope.

the cameras just seem to be used as navigation tools , and the pictures we get are ,.. just for fun

The Navcams are supposed to be the main navigation cameras, as the name implies, but they can use any camera for that.

The images getting worse is supposed to happen, it has happened to all rovers and landers that work for more than just some days, as the lens get dirtier, even when the cameras have a lens cap that covers the lens when the camera is not in use.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I see that the last photos are from Opportunity and not from Curiosity, I thought the area looked different.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

ArMaP

funbox
its puzzling , I understand that they have chemical analysis to determine if there is life on mars

Curiosity doesn't have any instrument to determine if there is life on Mars.

fair enough, but for scientific study of the environment , especially the pictures that come from chem cam, the picture are so bad at times , I find it very difficult to see what scientific data can be obtained with any certainty, never mind clarity

The images from the ChemCam are not supposed to be seen as photos, it's the raw data that's important, as that camera "sees" from infrared to ultraviolet, and it's supposed to be used as a spectroscope.

the cameras just seem to be used as navigation tools , and the pictures we get are ,.. just for fun

The Navcams are supposed to be the main navigation cameras, as the name implies, but they can use any camera for that.

The images getting worse is supposed to happen, it has happened to all rovers and landers that work for more than just some days, as the lens get dirtier, even when the cameras have a lens cap that covers the lens when the camera is not in use.

doesn't it take samples to find out about the elements in the soil /rock sample ,? would certain elements be indicative of life, but I suppose this would show past life too

hold on a second isn't that the mission ? to find out if there was past life /life

its surprises me that there isn't a self cleaning mechanism for the lenses, even a robotic arm with a lens cloth would have been handy

funBox
edit on 8-3-2014 by funbox because: wolves remove an extra word

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

ArMaP
I see that the last photos are from Opportunity and not from Curiosity, I thought the area looked different.

Yes I am not having fun with the new ones so I am exploring the old stuff. Did you see my coin? Impressive?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

funbox
doesn't it take samples to find out about the elements in the soil /rock sample ,?

Yes.

would certain elements be indicative of life, but I suppose this would show past life too

As far as I know, there aren't any elements that are indicative of life and only of life, either past or present.

hold on a second isn't that the mission ? to find out if there was past life /life

No, the mission is to find if Mars environment is or was able to support life. This mission is not looking for signs of life.

its surprises me that there isn't a self cleaning mechanism for the lenses, even a robotic arm with a lens cloth would have been handy

That's the type of thing that an automated method could make worse.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Char-Lee
Yes I am not having fun with the new ones so I am exploring the old stuff. Did you see my coin? Impressive?

And it's not the first "coin" to appear on MER photos.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

ArMaP

Char-Lee

And it's not the first "coin" to appear on MER photos.

True I have seen others, but I can see a design on this one, which BTW is Claimed. So don't get any ideas!
edit on 8-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

funbox

looks a bit like a flying crane fly , casting a shadow on the ground , but zooming right in , the main body part looks like a small ledge with cracks coming off

its a weird picture though , a field of dewberrys waiting to be trampled by the rover, or eaten by mars-a-lo

funBox

In case you are wrong, I am getting it on here and documented...I claim this possible critter to name also!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

not even if the elements were found in combination with camera information , say the rover bored into a white shell like structure , found a lot of elements that can be found in earth shells .. and nasa put two and two together ?

nasa " we went up their to check the weather... ," never expected to find life!" , "bonus fruits"

and what else , o , or better , if done correctly, and tested thoroughly before the mission , ergo failsafe clean each wipe.

funBox

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

ill get the champaign ready , what are you going to name it ?

funBox

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

funbox

ill get the champaign ready , what are you going to name it ?

funBox

A wild Marsamal Black Eyed Berry Hoarder, prefers the blue variety, saves them in crevices.

At least I get and E for Enthusiasm.

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join