It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 195
<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

Yep, sky everywhere ... not much anomaly scanning to do these days, what a shame!

Meanwhile, Canucks555 drew our attention to some coffin-like anomaly from sol 64 over in the Aliens & UFOs forum. I'm posting it here as well because the shape is indeed interesting (although the resolution is not very high).

Whoever feels inclined might want to have a look at Canucks' thread and judge for themselves whether it's just a geological feature or possibly something else ... !

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
There's a new Mars anomalies thread for 2015, started by BlueShift and initially starring a blinking light. 2015:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
There's a new Mars anomalies thread for 2015, started by BlueShift and initially starring a blinking light. 2015:

It may not necessarily be a blinking light, but rather a white spot that is in one image, but not in two other images. What Blueshift did indicate the possible "blinking" was to put the still images together in a GIF.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: Aleister

It may not necessarily be a blinking light, but rather a white spot that is in one image, but not in two other images. What Blueshift did indicate the possible "blinking" was to put the still images together in a GIF.

Is it possible that it could have been a speck of dust/sand flying by, not far away but quite near the camera? Just asking since I know there is a lot of "weather" and wind on Mars, there are even dust devils there.

www.space.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Number 14 picky is so incredible I don't normally take much from rocks or clouds that look like things but cleen lines that looks like it's man made .alian lol ...love ATS

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
for list wise

something made by the drill perhaps?

right nav

funbox
edit on 25-2-2015 by funbox because: an impious mfb recloses the time portal, the sound of choking can be heard dopplefold

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I hope that's not the start of an ant attack.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

maybe the drill invaded their sub terrain nest, is this a stealth mission we see the beginning's of.. those two shadows on the holes rim look like they've go 'thievery of laser' in mind.

funbox

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The Rover is moving again after a short circuit (funbox told me it was shorted out, I didn't even know):
www.space.com...

NASA's Mars rover Curiosity is back in action for the first time after suffering a glitch late last month.

The 1-ton Curiosity rover transferred powdered rock sample from its robotic arm to an analytical instrument on its body on Wednesday (March 11), and then drove about 33 feet (10 meters) toward the southwest on Thursday (March 12), NASA officials said.

Curiosity had been stationary since Feb. 27, when it experienced a short circuit while attempting to transfer the sample, which the rover had collected from a rock dubbed Telegraph Peak.

edit on 13-3-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

She spent like 150+ days in the 'Pahrump Hills' area by now, driving back and forth, forth and back - all in the name of science, of course. The targets in that area must be worth the intermission.

I could imagine they want to get the most out of this spot, in terms of science, before the terrain gradually becomes more challenging (and dangerous) for Curiosity: especially the dunes and the steep slopes at the base of Mt. Sharp.

The guys over at UMSF already opened up the next chapter: Exploring Mt Sharp north of the dunes - Part 1: Beyond Pahrump Hills.

Looks like the journey continues ...

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Thanks. No wonder it's been slow going on the thread, there wasn't anything new to look at. Have they explained exactly why they took an almost half year break and stayed in that area? Weather? Or just to get the most out of an area before sinking in the quicksand or whatever pitfalls are expected. thanks again, and I look forward to the continued hunt.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

150 days seems a long time to stay in one area , the areas probably more like a small outlaying village ruin , but the pictures being so sanitised and pixelated , we cant see the Martian coffee shops through the rock like trees

funbox

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Yep, those pesky village ruins: interesting for archaeologists maybe, but geologists get more excited about jarosit, sulfur veins, melanterite and what have you ... I personally like those rock-like trees!

@Aleister
Whatever they came across right there (at Whale Rock, Carnivore Canyon etc.), must reveal a lot about the geological past to justify the various drilling sessions. We'd need to ask our ATS geologist, though, to find out what the mineral make-up of that area really tells us about the past.

... or we'll just catch up on the findings with the next USTREAM conference hosted by Grotzinger and his team (whenever that'll be).

Here's an image showing fine laminations in the rock, from sol 919:
Source Image

I don't remember having seen this kind of striation/lamination before, it's probably that kind of stuff that kept the team busy (and the engineers/drivers who needed to prepare all those drilling operations, SAM analyses, CheMin operations etc.).

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

almost has the look of powdered cement .. are you sure the rover not been drilling into a Martian plaza foundations?

all we need to see is some ruined carrousels , and bingo, we've discovered the equivalent of a lakeside Martian leisure complex for the Martian elite,, im expecting further down artists way, we'll find chair lifts, leading up to a large dining and beauty spot viewpoints built into a huge cliff that looks over the old lake

but I don't expect it'll pan out like that , pictures like that taken up there , would cause cataclysmic earthquakes down here. certainly not worth rocking the boat in its current state

funbox

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
almost has the look of powdered cement

Another thing that has that look is consolidated silt, there's lots of it where I live, just below the layer where I found many fossils.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

are you saying its a potential consolidation of old animal particulates/ bio matter ?, is it the colour ? attributable to calcites and phosphates perhaps? a hint of cobalt blue just for good measure ? do you sniff the colours of old life ArMaP ? do your fossil hunts prove more successful when the earth turns blue?

funbox

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
are you saying its a potential consolidation of old animal particulates/ bio matter ?

Not necessarily, as I don't think bio matter is needed for it to be considered silt, but I may be using the wrong words, it has happened before.

is it the colour ?

The colour and the apparent consistency.

do you sniff the colours of old life ArMaP ?

No.

do your fossil hunts prove more successful when the earth turns blue?

It's the opposite, on those layers I have never found any fossils, while the layers above those are full of fossils.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

so then, what are the connotations of the blue silt from your aforementioned comparative, in the activity of fossil hunting? albiet your local area's stratification may not be comparable with what we see at gale

or

bluesilt =?

funbox

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by that.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

top topics

<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join