It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

LaPlume
But in closing on this subject John did ask me a few years back to take some coordinates from these binary codes and go see where they were in China.
Take that info for what it is but John had told me that I think 5 of the coordinates were places just like this over the world on in South America one in North America one in Europe one in China etc...

Not sure this is a well known part of the story. There were more coordinates than the one island to the West of Britain. Any more you can talk about these coords is interesting.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

noeltrotsky

Not sure this is a well known part of the story. There were more coordinates than the one island to the West of Britain. Any more you can talk about these coords is interesting.

The other co-ordinates were derived from Penniston's codes by researcher Gary Osborn and supposedly point to locations as follows:

1. An ancient city in Central America
2. A location in South America
3. Sedona, North America
4. Giza, Egypt
5. An island in Greece
6. A location in China (this will be the one Steve LaPlume checked out)
7. Confirmed as Hy Brasil

This is one part of research I am not really familiar with but Gary Osborn's website details his work.

I found his website difficult to read.

He tends to use rambling and almost infinite sentences, which contain far too many words, commas and other punctuation marks, and are littered with "and" when starting a fresh sentence would help his prose remain coherent - at least to those trying to make sense of what he was talking about - if at all we can.

The above sentence is also me mimicking the way he writes

Maybe someone with more interest in Gary Osborn's fields of research wants to make more sense of it?

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

spacevisitor
Thanks for all your posts so far in this thread Steven, I really appreciate that you have come forward here to share this all because they are of much value to me.

No problem I actually stumbled across this site and thread because I was looking up my old Mentor Frank Camper and saw he was getting g put through the wringer on this sight when he had one of those things mentioned like ask the expert and you could have an open forum. Sorry I don't know what its called. Everyone kept trying to get him to prove who he was more thanks him anything. I can tell by his answers and the way he answered them it was him but I have known Frank since September of 1982.

I hope it helps unravel the truth in some way. I sure would like to know what saw. or what was done tome. I still have no clue really. Just know I believe I saw lights bouncing in the sky then after the brass left I believe I saw the craft that eventually was above us. True or not I still have no idea. hypnosis, hologram, chemical spray and thought suggested a real UFO no clue. A bit frustrating but whatever. If I find out fine if not fine. I am not so obsessed.

One fact that is constantly over looked is a witness to a sighting quite similar to the one halt and them saw a craft or light splitting into three. Lori Redfehld (I think I spelled her name right) She had a sighting in February of 1980 some 10 months prior to this incident and about a year before mine. That might be helpful to you if you look her up at the face book sight she is on I am sure she would help. www.facebook.com...
Like me she is overlooked and still believes her sighting is connected or relevant in some manner.

That site may have one more witness with a similar situation as Lories also. I thought I read someone who was a Cop on Woodbridge that said they had a sighting prior to this one.

I have a busy week ahead of me her so I might not be able to get back on until the weekend.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The other co-ordinates were derived from Penniston's codes by researcher Gary Osborn and supposedly point to locations as follows:

1. An ancient city in Central America
2. A location in South America
3. Sedona, North America
4. Giza, Egypt
5. An island in Greece
6. A location in China (this will be the one Steve LaPlume checked out)
7. Confirmed as Hy Brasil

This is one part of research I am not really familiar with but Gary Osborn's website details his work.

I found his website difficult to read.

Oh... I've seen the code is pages long but somehow I didn't know there were more locations mentioned than Hy Brasil. So China is another one.

That all sounds interesting but it also looks like playing games with the population.

1. 2. Grand surprise? Like a person who wants to make a story up wouldn't point out to a 'mystery' place like some Mayan temples.
3. Recently watched the documentary about Sedona, AZ and the possibility of base. If deepest secrets are kept somewhere.. it would be in Dugway, Writght Patterson, and NOT Area 51 or Dulce the latter I think also being able to put away as a case closed.

4. I still think there may be some way to use the Earth's energy and that the big Pyramid was not used as a tomb.. These ancient people knew what they were doing and probably why they would put the bodies close to these 'portals' or whatever these would be.

Also fake or not, books like 'Roswell interview' make one thing look absolutely true - that humans, IS-BEs, beings have been much closer to this kind of knowledge in Ancient times and now with people counting vastly on materialism, this knowledge is forgotten. I think there is really something BIG that the ancients knew and now no one gives a damn or is hidden from public...

5. Atlantis?
6. There has been some Pyramids (again in recently watched episode of Ancient Aliens) - if anything that show helps me learn about such places, like pyramids in China,. This could be the reference

And 7. is clear

this whole thing with the locations make me totally interested, I didn't know about that, yet - when it is even bigger than just the Hy Brasil. it is even harder to believe - t hat Penniston got some vision... sounds a lot like made up but elaborately so as to look true.
edit on 15-1-2014 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Ectoplasm8

Jim Penniston never talked about these binary codes in any interview I've ever seen or read previous to this "discovery" for the Ancient Aliens episode. I've followed this story since it was first mentioned on an episode of Unsolved Mysteries in the 80's. He's shown this notebook on numerous occasions for various television interviews. Not once in those interviews did he mention or show a series of numbers he had written down. He willfully gave everyone these odd symbols originally, which made no sense. Why wouldn't he give these odd numbers as well that made no sense? That defies a logical explanation.

I believe this story needed a new jump start after 30 years. He came up with this idea and using the internet he easily translated English to binary. That would also explain the use of the later version of the code. Unfortunately, doing so has to make you question his credibility overall. I think he took his story a step too far. In a search for more $$$$ on the lecture circuit maybe?

Penniston did briefly mention some sort of codes back in the 1990s during his hypnosis. The details of which are vague. In fairness he didn't appear in the "Unsolved Mysteries" show so we can't expect anything in that show. He made no mention in "Strange But True" for ITV in the 1994 TV show in the UK.

Even in 2010 and Leslie Kean's interesting work UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record" there is no mention of zeroes and ones from Jim.

Had he felt a need to keep something back even 15 years after his hypnosis? If so why?

In 2001 on Sci-Fi's "UFO Invasion at Rendlesham" he reveals his filofax notes on Rendlesham. The notebook containing his notes during the incident, the strange symbols and his binary codes.

At this point he's giving himself another problem to overcome here as it certainly looks like there aren't enough pages to include all the "binary" information he allegedly recorded.

I suppose he may say that he removed these pages because they didn't mean anything to him. But why then would he store them, just in case, one day they would mean something?

A decade later he then restored them to his infamous notebook and went public on the History Channel.

Nothing makes sense.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

mirageman
Nothing makes sense.

Well, it makes sense if he made up the notes in the notebook for the Sci Fi programme in 2001, then added the binary codes later. We know that he made up a new, and imaginary, landing site for that programme because he has admitted it. The fact that he got the date and time of the encounter wrong in the notebook is clear enough evidence that the notes were not written at the time of the event. He is the only one of them claiming to have encountered a landed craft in the forest, so that brings it down to a single-witness case. That in itself should be enough to ring alarm bells.

BTW, congratulations on your summary of the case and its problems, Mirageman. You have provided a sensible and well-informed basis for further discussion.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

mirageman
At this point he's giving himself another problem to overcome here as it certainly looks like there aren't enough pages to include all the "binary" information he allegedly recorded.

I suppose he may say that he removed these pages because they didn't mean anything to him. But why then would he store them, just in case, one day they would mean something?

A decade later he then restored them to his infamous notebook and went public on the History Channel.

Nothing makes sense.

I don’t know if you have already read this mirageman but here is a full transcript of an interview from Angelia Joiner with Jim Penniston about his binary code from 1/13/2011.
In there he says some remarkable things.

www.scribd.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

I would like to add something to this thread. It may or may not have significance.

I stated earlier in this thread that myself and 3 others saw the same craft that has been described appearing at Woodbridge Suffolk. We saw this craft on the ground at Hockley Heath Warwickshire on the night of 24th December 1980.

The binary code that has been mentioned i believe has been decoded to a location known as Hy Brasil

If you look at the three locations of , Woodbridge Suffolk, Hockley Heath Warwickshire and Hy Brasil, they all lie on Latitude 52 North.

Does this mean anything? I don't know.

I have over the years toyed with the idea of having regression therapy so i can recall more precisely what i witnessed. Maybe one day i might.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ianrid

Thanks for adding to this thread Ian. I think anyone with any interest in this story knows who you are and your views. I will be coming to your meticulously detailed theory on what happened when I have a bit more time than at present to look over things. There is something you may be able to clarify for me as well. Anyway I'm sure you'll chip in when the time comes!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Here is that radio show from Angelia Joiner with Jim Penniston about the Binary Codes.

Jim Penniston, Lies, and Binary Codes

Angelia Joiner questions Jim Penniston about the binary codes he allegedly received during a telepathic "download" in December 1980.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Thank you my friend,

I haven't read the transcription (yet)

I don't think I have that interview, although I do have an mp3 file where Angela Joiner discusses the interview and plays excerpts from it . It's a while since I listened to it though. My memory of it was that Penniston sounded rather 'uncomfortable' in that interview. He seemingly knew that the codes represented a "message" from time travellers but also didn't consider them important or even gibberish. The other question is why is it considered definitely binary code that could be converted to ASCII. Assuming, of course, that he really did write the codes down after the incident, why could it not be morse code or something pictorial?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

alldaylong
reply to post by mirageman

..... myself and 3 others saw the same craft that has been described appearing at Woodbridge Suffolk. We saw this craft on the ground at Hockley Heath Warwickshire on the night of 24th December 1980.

The binary code that has been mentioned I believe has been decoded to a location known as Hy Brasil

If you look at the three locations of , Woodbridge Suffolk, Hockley Heath Warwickshire and Hy Brasil, they all lie on Latitude 52 North.

Does this mean anything? I don't know.......

Sorry I did see your post way back at the start of the thread and never came back to it.

Are you able to be any more specific about your sighting?

Was it Christmas Eve or (being night) actually early Christmas Day?

Exactly how would you describe the craft, colour, lights etc?

How long was it there for and did you see it leave? If so how and where did it go?

As for the latitude, that is something mentioned in Gary Osborn's website on the Rendlesham codes . However as I said earlier in the thread I am not too familiar with his work.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

mirageman

I don't think I have that interview, although I do have an mp3 file where Angela Joiner discusses the interview and plays excerpts from it . It's a while since I listened to it though. My memory of it was that Penniston sounded rather 'uncomfortable' in that interview. He seemingly knew that the codes represented a "message" from time travellers but also didn't consider them important or even gibberish.

You remember that correctly mirageman, Angelia really grilled him about that part.

mirageman

The other question is why is it considered definitely binary code that could be converted to ASCII. Assuming, of course, that he really did write the codes down after the incident, why could it not be morse code or something pictorial?

That’s indeed a very good question, and another thing what goes thru my mind is and what also charlyv said earlier.

charlyv
Why would any entity that knew that they were in a place where English was understood, not just blurt out the message in English, instead of coding each character in binary?

So charlyv is absolutely right, because the hypnosis session shows that “they” whomever they were “communicated” to him in English.
Jim and John strongly believes that this binary message is of great importance for whole mankind, so if that is really the case, why then did they give such an important message in binary code to someone who hasn’t a clue about what binary code is and make it at the same time so difficult to decipher.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Here is the place. Also note the exact coordinates were not right at the summit it was on a trail near the summit between the Military instillation and the tourist spot.

If John were to give me a place to look at for nefarious reasons I would think he would have simply looked up this place and given me the exact coordinates as on the Wikipedia site, yes?

His coordinates were off the beaten path in the middle of an access road. Why would anyone choose this spot and not the sacred temple area at the summit?

Just asking

edit on 16-1-2014 by LaPlume because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

mirageman
Penniston did briefly mention some sort of codes back in the 1990s during his hypnosis. The details of which are vague. In fairness he didn't appear in the "Unsolved Mysteries" show so we can't expect anything in that show. He made no mention in "Strange But True" for ITV in the 1994 TV show in the UK.

I became aware of the overall story after seeing the episode of Unsolved Mysteries. Not that I saw Penniston personally interviewed there. In his subsequent interviews, he never mentioned these series of numbers.

In 2001 on Sci-Fi's "UFO Invasion at Rendlesham" he reveals his filofax notes on Rendlesham. The notebook containing his notes during the incident, the strange symbols and his binary codes.

He also never mentions the binary code on this show. He flips through the notebook showing the written description of the object, the glyphs he drew, and it lifting through the trees and flying off. That's where it ends and he doesn't go any further. He says in his interview that he wrote this code down the next night after the incident on December 27th. So it's supposedly there if he's telling the truth. Again, it makes no logical sense showing these unusual glyphs that mean nothing to him, but leaving out the numbers that also mean nothing, because he thinks.... they mean nothing.

Nothing makes sense.

In the YouTube interview above, he claims there are 14 pages of binary code in this notebook. He only removed the first 6 pages to be studied because he thought it was all gibberish. Later in the interview he says he knew what the code said before handing them over. He contradicts himself in the same interview. I guess the list of other coordinates are the left-over 8 pages he was so "reluctant" to give up.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Another embarrassing contradiction: in a 1996 interview with Salley Rayl, Penniston says that he wrote the following in his notebook: “Triangular in shape. The top portion is producing mainly white light, which encompasses most of the upper section of the craft. A small amount of white light peers out the bottom. At the left side center is a bluish light, and on the other side, red. The lights seem to be molded as part of the exterior of the structure, smooth, slowly fading into the rest of the outside of the structure, gradually molding into the fabric of the craft.”

Unfortunately, there is no sign of this fluent passage in the notebook that he has shown to the cameras. Rather, all we see are disjointed scribblings.

For fuller discussion of the various problems with the notebook, see here
www.ianridpath.com...

edit on 17-1-2014 by ianrid because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2014 by ianrid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

LaPlume

spacevisitor
Thanks for all your posts so far in this thread Steven, I really appreciate that you have come forward here to share this all because they are of much value to me.

I hope it helps unravel the truth in some way.

Information provided by people such as you Steve who worked at that base during the events and even had a very interesting sighting with a colleague helps indeed unravel the truth in some way.

LaPlume
I sure would like to know what saw. or what was done tome. I still have no clue really. Just know I believe I saw lights bouncing in the sky then after the brass left I believe I saw the craft that eventually was above us. True or not I still have no idea. hypnosis, hologram, chemical spray and thought suggested a real UFO no clue. A bit frustrating but whatever. If I find out fine if not fine. I am not so obsessed.

I also cannot know what you and Palmer really saw of course but my impression of it is that what you both saw fits pretty well in the description of a real UFO, a craft which I believe belongs to non-human beings.

LaPlume
One fact that is constantly over looked is a witness to a sighting quite similar to the one halt and them saw a craft or light splitting into three. Lori Redfehld (I think I spelled her name right) She had a sighting in February of 1980 some 10 months prior to this incident and about a year before mine. That might be helpful to you if you look her up at the face book sight she is on I am sure she would help. www.facebook.com...
Like me she is overlooked and still believes her sighting is connected or relevant in some manner.

I am a member of that site Steve, although I do not take part in the discussions on the moment, but I still visit the site daily.
I made a post some days ago about your involvement in the threads about the RFI on ATS.

I am aware of Lori’s very interesting sighting and I also believe that her sighting is connected or relevant in some manner with what happened in December.

LaPlume
en.wikipedia.org...

Here is the place. Also note the exact coordinates were not right at the summit it was on a trail near the summit between the Military instillation and the tourist spot.

If John were to give me a place to look at for nefarious reasons I would think he would have simply looked up this place and given me the exact coordinates as on the Wikipedia site, yes?

His coordinates were off the beaten path in the middle of an access road. Why would anyone choose this spot and not the sacred temple area at the summit?

Just asking

Thanks for the link, I go check it out.
It’s indeed remarkable that his coordinates were off the beaten path in the middle of an access road Steve but I must admit that I have personally huge problems with the whole binary thing, such as how it is claimed to be obtained and that it must be some kind of very important message to humankind and even more with that it would come from some concerned human time travelers from out our own future.
Because I really wonder myself about if it was indeed such an important message and inserted in Jim's brain by some very concerned human time travelers in 1980 to warn humankind for some coming disaster, why then did they not pass it on to some members of for instance the United Nations or such instead as to a person who had no clue about the code itself and let it become known thru the very questionable way it was and still is executed.
And why then did they not have warned the people for all those other disasters worldwide, such as for WWI or WWII or so many others?
Another thing I wonder myself is why human time travelers from our future would name their project “Exploration [of] Humanity”??
So I do not buy it in any way.

edit on 17/1/14 by spacevisitor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Quote LaPlume
But in closing on this subject John did ask me a few years back to take some coordinates from these binary codes and go see where they were in China.

So when exactly ?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well it looks like the Rendlesham forest case may look to be another decorated or fabricated case, rather the binary code part of it. Either way, the connection between monuments, the nature and purpose of the pyramid in Giza shows that the ancient people have possessed some knowledge and were not as primitive as thought and I would say that is why one should be open minded for the possibility the so called myths of natives meeting other world 'people' to be real..

Because the knowledge about space, about the Earth without traveling it all across, sometimes is so unexplained that it was either some lost knowledge from the first men on Earth that again could have been given by someone, or they have received it directly from some other beings...

For me the truth in ETs or not lies in those ancient times and the unexplained vast knowledge of ancient people plus the myths of meeting other beings, rather than in the 20th century cases where it would be nothing surprising to be lies after lies.
edit on 17-1-2014 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Baablacksheep
Quote LaPlume

So when exactly ?

I don't know exactly but I can sit and figure it out. I need to look at my passport because I took a trip about that time so that will get me close. I have a few other ways like looking at my Skype trail as well. I used to use Skype to contact him from China so that will help as well. We talked for about a 9 month period.

Give me a week if you can. I had a buddy die this morning and need to help his girl and with things, funeral and all is early this coming week.

When did Penniston reveal these on that TV show? Because it was after that. I do know that because we talked about how it came to pass Jim let these codes be made public by the tv producers etc. it was after that when John asked me to look into it. I think maybe about 3-6 months after we had that conversation.

Like I said before I have not opinion on these codes because I have no clue about them.

I will say this though. If John comes out and says he remembers John walking up to the craft and touching it and such then I would have an issue with that because John told me directly that he remembers going in to the forest, seeing the lights the craft and both of them being scared #less and laying down on the forest floor. he said he instinctively grabbed for his pistol but it was not there as they had to leave them behind. He also said he has a blank in memory after that. So perhaps Jim went toward the craft while John had his missing time/memory episode. If you look at Johns hypnosis tape its freaking disturbing. (to me anyway). John also said he was off duty the night Halt had his encounter but that either his shift was over or his flight was on 3 day break. but he insisted on going with then because he was there the first night and that the light engulfed him which is what busty said he said busty said he was taken. Take that for what it is worth.

I have nothing more to add to this case that I can think of and actually I thought it might be a good idea to get on here and talk about this but it actually is causing me a bit of anxiety and I think I will just crawl back in to my hole and stop talking about al this. I am not sure why but every now and then I get the urge to talk about this issue but when I do it really causes anxiety no sleep etc and then I back off. When I don't talk about it then I live life like a normal person. So After I figure out when John talked to me That will be about it for me.

Sorry but this is just a stressful issue given the whole deal with me and leaving the service the way I felt I needed to for my own safety (at the time) Just a big bad dream for me I would rather forget I guess when it comes down to it.

Just trying to be honest here. but for those who think this case is al B.S. I assure you it effected everyone involved in some manner and mostly in a negative manner. I can not comment on how people have reacted or what they are doing now or their motives. I never got into the whole lime light dog and pony show end of this I have no agenda other than to try to figure out what I saw that night. Good luck with your quest.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join