It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Damn Hippies! Eat Microwave Cannon!!!" - The U.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

The American military have presented the world with a new weapon, informally named the heat ray or microwave cannon. The “Active Denial System” is a non-lethal weapon primarily designed for crowd control.

So with most Government's now (rightfully) fearing their subjects, there has been a big demand for more effective ways at dispersing crowds. One of these new revelations has been the Microwave Cannon!

It works by firing a high-powered beam of high-frequency millimeter waves at 95 GHz. Apparently this is not sufficient to cause/worsen cancer and certainly won't melt you like a toy soldier under a magnifying glass!

However,

Whilst there are health concerns about the general public being blasted with Microwave Radiation, the bigger concern for me is the possible infringement on our right to protest the State. It seems like in the west we are building an arsenal of "non-lethal" weaponry, which could eventually make it RIDICULOUSLY easy for a totalitarian leader to rise to power.

The sensation you get from this Microwave Cannon is apparently like heat all over your body and it will cause you to drop everything, and run. How are you going to stand up for your beliefs when your leaders wrong you, when every time you do, you get the sensation you're about to burst into flames?

Although I will counter my-self now and say that they probably said the same thing about tear gas.

Either way, I thought this was an interesting subject and I'm interested to see what the (sometimes) bright minds of ATS think on the subject!

Source
edit on 18-12-2013 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

All I can say is that I am glad I am not living in the USA. From all the stories I read and see over here and on the (independent) news, it looks more and more like a third world country. Totalitarian regime with banana-republic antics from a large part of the population.

But yes, the microwave weapon for crowd control is scary, but I have read about it about 5 years ago. There is also the sonic weapons for crowd control. Makes one wonder about a future society. Protests are a way of making the government seeing that people have different opinions. If you take that away, by holding them in fear, the protesters will just turn to more underground and violent means, like planting bombs, etc. Of course, then the government will retaliate with even more means, and it ends up in a never-ending spiral of violence.
edit on 18/12/2013 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

I remember hearing about the UK government wanting to commission a sonic cannon, apparently it sounded like someone was scratching a chalkboard in your brain. It seems like they want to try and take our right to protest and $*%! all over it...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I suppose in one way it is better than being beaten to death by enforcers... I wonder how easy it would be to defeat the beam. ? By that I mean look at the door of your microwave oven. A simple screen behind the glass blocks the microwaves from escaping (supposed to)... So if you had one of those shields that many departments are carrying now and put the same type grid screen over the entire shield would it block the beam ?.. Yes any exposed body part would get the beam and heat but the shields I have seen are large enough, light enough, to hide behind... Cops do it all the time by the videos I have seen.. Just wondering with time and ingenuity if their multi million dollar super weapon could be defeated by some Lexan and your screen door? Take over the vehicle and turn the weapon on them...hahahah Great action scene for the next Red Dawn... especially if it would work!

edit on 18-12-2013 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
At this point in my life, having been on ATS for almost 3 years...I have come to a point where I fear the US.
Reading all this and what is happening over there with civil liberties and corporatism, and this NSA thing...I'm honestly #ting my pants over here.

I fear for the common American man, woman and a child. What is happening over there is terrifying. God help you all...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

something like those Faraday suits that the guys from ArcAttack wear whilst playing the guitar under the Tesla coils would work, I think

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Understandably so, just remember that fear is a form of control, don't let it affect your actions and grab a microwave door on your way out to protest
haha

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Hippies as the enemy. Seems back in the Hippie days the only one doing the killing was the military.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

We are toast.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Obviously the government is preparing for massive civil unrest. These non-lethal weapons can help keep people sitting on the fence whether to trust the government or not still trusting the government. If people were rioting and the government started killing unarmed civilians again, I'm sure support for the government would evaporate rather quickly. This way, people don't die and the government appears more humanitarian. Therefore, it keeps dissenters in line while not creating more. Win-win for the government.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

We are toast.

Literally - microwaved toast!

A few years ago Alex Jones had a live feed/vid where protesters in Pittsburgh were being sonic cannoned. Microwaved? Ha! You get microwaved everytime you use your cell phone. I haven't held a cell phone to my head in a long long time, and always use speaker. The only thing to fear is...fear itself (wise words by FDR, or his speechwriter).

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I made a thread that touches this topic; kinda sideways, but still?

Breaching peace

When we meet to peacefully protest a violent gov. what else does the gov. know but to squash us where we stand?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

iRoyalty

The American military have presented the world with a new weapon, informally named the heat ray or microwave cannon. The “Active Denial System” is a non-lethal weapon primarily designed for crowd control.

So with most Government's now (rightfully) fearing their subjects, there has been a big demand for more effective ways at dispersing crowds. One of these new revelations has been the Microwave Cannon!

It works by firing a high-powered beam of high-frequency millimeter waves at 95 GHz. Apparently this is not sufficient to cause/worsen cancer and certainly won't melt you like a toy soldier under a magnifying glass!

However,

Whilst there are health concerns about the general public being blasted with Microwave Radiation, the bigger concern for me is the possible infringement on our right to protest the State. It seems like in the west we are building an arsenal of "non-lethal" weaponry, which could eventually make it RIDICULOUSLY easy for a totalitarian leader to rise to power.

The sensation you get from this Microwave Cannon is apparently like heat all over your body and it will cause you to drop everything, and run. How are you going to stand up for your beliefs when your leaders wrong you, when every time you do, you get the sensation you're about to burst into flames?

Although I will counter my-self now and say that they probably said the same thing about tear gas.

Either way, I thought this was an interesting subject and I'm interested to see what the (sometimes) bright minds of ATS think on the subject!

Source
edit on 18-12-2013 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

See the module in front of the dish? High power rifle will take that out I imagine, and trust me if the protests ever get so bad that they break these bad boys out, us rednecks of the world will figure out how to disable them eventually.

If you are firing microwaves at us, be prepared for our response.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
umm why hasnt anyone noticed the achilies heal of these death machines?
BIG RUBBER TIRES almost all death machines have them and the few that have treads like a take well a cprrectly place wrench is all it would take to stop it.
As for rubber tires shoot tire heat tire spike tire end death machine (9how long you figer it would take to change 6 flats

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
You just know that somewhere there is a smaller version that a prisoner can be staked out in front of.

Dont want to talk eh? Ok, i'll just set you on fire for a few hours.

Its basically the Star Trek mirror universe agony booth.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
After looking at this, the question is how will the government deal with someone coming up with a countermeasure or a way to turn it against them? After all it is a beam weapon, and something like say a parabolic mirror or even tin foil may be its undoing, by reflecting the beam back to those using it.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I wish everyone would relax.

People will only get microwaved for our safety and security.

Please.

They're only doing it for the children.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ready for protest, Comrades!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

sdcigarpig
After looking at this, the question is how will the government deal with someone coming up with a countermeasure or a way to turn it against them? After all it is a beam weapon, and something like say a parabolic mirror or even tin foil may be its undoing, by reflecting the beam back to those using it.
cant see that very likely... Dont think it has a receiver with a sensitive detector that you can take out. Just view it as a microwave oven , so any energy you reflect back into it would just be dissapated as heat, the way your microwave oven does if you put some metal in it. You wont destroy the magnetron immediately. But wearing a garment functioning as a Farady cage would keep you safe, unless they use a sonic weapon at the same time.

Being sprayed with water and teargas is no fun, been there, experienced that, hey I am a tree-hugging, bunny-loving hippie, lol.... These weapons are much more potent. Feeling as though you are on fire all over, i don't think I want to experience that. I view these weapons in the same hateful way as I view drones, and 'they' shouldnt blame us if IED's start being used against those weapons.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If it were any other subject...I would laugh...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join