It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ed Leedskalnin said all matter is individual magnets (mabey hes right)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

It's not mentioned in many places but he wrapped the stones in a coil like fashion. Attached to the coil wrapped banding around the stones, were the wires heading to the battery and out to the hand crank he used to produce power and a magnetic moment in the coil stones.

This part interested me as the wrapping in stone in coil is analogous to a electromagnet, coil wrapped around iron core.

An interesting fact I read about Ed which seems to be overlooked is he came from a family of Stone masons. Immediately I wondered how many generations they went back and what secrets they have accumulated over many generations working with different grades of stone materials.

Personally I think his knowledge for moving large stones came from within his family back in his home Lativa.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Exactly, look up the properties of Dolomite. You know that comment Ed said about not needing Iron to create magnets or something to that effect, it's been awhile since I read Ed's work so I can't quote it exactly. If you want to understand his hand crank better, it's a simple generator very much how a motorcycle generator works... depending on the gearing setup he could generate tons of voltage with each crank rather easily.

I can't recall the video unfortunately, but a researcher found holes in his stones with flakes of embeded copper left from the banding. The researcher had no idea why or what the hole and copper could be used for. That's where knowledge in many different fields helps, it instantly clicked with me having made many coils and electro magnets, same thing with the hand crank stator/generator building motorcycles... all I needed was one look at that thing to know what it was.

The coil design would have been threading the copper banding through the hole wrapping in one direction down one half the stone length with it, and the other half of the copper banding wrapped in the opposite direction down the length of the other half.

But lifting with electricity via electromagnets is not out of bounds with science at all. I have a theory that that's also what the Bagdad batteries were used to power simple electromagnets. Not to mention Iron is what the 3rd most abundant element on Earth? It's in practically everything in variyng amounts and degrees.

Oh I can imagine you also like perpetual motion machines etc. so here's one against people that like to debunk perpetual motion machines etc, with the laws of thermodynacs and conservation of energy etc. arm yourself with some knowledge about transitors... they put out more power than what is put into it.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
OP S+F for you...

Ed is probably the most overlooked story/person of the whole Tesla/GE/Edison era. It is rumored that the machine he used had it's inner workings stolen and he became deathly ill shortly after and passed. Kinda sounds like the old 'suppression of tech' storyline where another inventor/visionary gets robbed/shutdown/iced.

Now whether you believe he levitated/magnetized the stones and then just floated them into place or you think he simply used pulleys and levers; no one can overlook the fact that he quarried bedrock stone in geometric shapes from the earth without disturbing the area or digging underneath to make cuts. You can actually still go to the original sight of Coral Castle and see the places he accomplished this.

PS When I say "original" that is because Coral Castle was moved from it's original location when Ed discovered the Earth's ley-lines had shifted. He packed and moved everything after it was already built the first time.

PSS Ed's machine (and I have stated this before in other Ed threads) marks a striking resemblance to some if not a lot of Tesla's inventions. Notice how everything designed to be working with magnets continues a pattern of shape, one that takes on a lotus blossom style/shape. And wouldn't you know it, the Tesla designs I'm referring to involve perpetual energy, scalar waves and anti-gravity effects. Amazingly the same thing witnesses claim Ed did with his machine.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
From a science textbook is explained that connect a wire up between the positive and negative terminals of a battery and a current flows through wire. Shaped in a circular path around the wired a magnetic field is produced which strength is proportional to the current flowing in wire and the field diminishes the further it is from centre of wire. The picture below explains this idea and shows the direction of the magnetic field lines around wire.

The picture below shows Eds fly wheel. It seems reasonable to speculate it performs the role of a generator rotor in that it generates a magnetic flux which is able to induce through magnetic induction a current in wire.

With his fly wheel generator made of magnets Is it possible he is applying variation to the idea in the text book above. The variation being replace the power source with his fly wheel Instead of battery supplying the source of the current. He might be able to accomplish this by using the rotating flywheel of magnets to creating a circular magnetic field ( just like pattern around the wire produced by connecting a straight wire across different polarities of a battery ) . The spinning of the fly wheel causes motion of magnets with north poles forever chasing the south poles in a circular pattern.

In the middle of fly wheel a wire is dropped vertically down into middle of the spinning magnetic field with this interaction causing current flow to through the wire. The wire is connected to heavy chain the end of connected to copper wire which runs to and is coiled around stone.

The stone is connected touching ground which completes the circuit path with the earth. The completed circuit allows magnets from deep inside the earth ( Eds magnetic current) to be drawn out through coil and into copper wire which terminates at the source ( the fly wheel). In this circuit the stone and everything connected into the circuit (eg copper wire) will be raised to hold the same magnetism as inside the inner earth, the relative inner earth north pole. This causes the the flipping of the stones magnetic poles to effect its levitation.

That's my best guess as to how Eds system would work following the line of his magnetic current theory. Whether this is how he did it or not its my belief he didn't work this method out himself that he learnt it from his stone mason family, and who were they? did they include a lineage descended from one of the ancient pyramid builders.

edit on 17-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Arbitrageur
If there is no proof then the appropriate forum would be skunk works, not science and technology.

A hypothesis can appropriately be discussed in Science and Technology:

AthlonSavage
Of course this is all conjecture until some experiments are devisable which can demonstrate the truth.

There is much more to Science and Technology than mainstream science and technology. In fact, this forum is supposed to be about cutting edge science and technology - not simply a re-hash of what's in textbooks.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Ok please explain how spinning a magnetic field causes it to travel down a wire im really not seeing how you came to this conclusion?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I have to agree with what BigBrotherDarkness was saying in a previous post people need to get out their and do stuff, build stuff hands on as part of their learning curve. That will acclimate them to being able to devise, build and set up equipment to perform their own experiments and verify what the main stream theory or alternative ideas are proposing first hand.

An alternative idea doesn't necessary mean its wrong is an experiment fails, possibly several variations of an experiment may need to be performed to be confident of the result.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Ok please explain how spinning a magnetic field causes it to travel down a wire im really not seeing how you came to this conclusion?

its through electromagnetic induction. The occurs where a wire is passed across the face of a magnetic pole.

Transformers use principal of electromagnetic induction, by using Alternating currents to produce the motion of the magnetic field to induce a current in secondary coil. The AC motors using also alternating current in three phase configuration to produce a moving field which induces current in moving rotor winding. DC motors have conductors cutting across flux of a stationary pole to induce currents in rotor winding.

Im proposing Ed is also using elecomagnetic induction in an unorthodox way to the methods above by duplicating the motion of the magnetics north poles chasing the south poles in a circular motion around the straight wire example, and place vertical into centre a wire whish induce a Emf voltage in wire. The only way this could be verified is through actual experimentation. Therefore im speculating this will happen. I consider an experiment incorporates a replica of the flywheel could be used to find out for one way or the other.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

AthlonSavage

its through electromagnetic induction. The occurs where a wire is passed across the face of a magnetic pole.

Transformers use principal of electromagnetic induction, by using Alternating currents to produce the motion of the magnetic field to induce a current in secondary coil. The AC motors using also alternating current in three phase configuration to produce a moving field which induces current in moving rotor winding. DC motors have conductors cutting across flux of a stationary pole to induce currents in rotor winding.

Im proposing Ed is also using elecomagnetic induction in an unorthodox way to the methods above by duplicating the motion of the magnetics north poles chasing the south poles in a circular motion around the straight wire example, and place vertical into centre a wire whish induce a Emf voltage in wire. The only way this could be verified is through actual experimentation. Therefore im speculating this will happen. I consider an experiment incorporates a replica of the flywheel could be used to find out for one way or the other.

Well you seemed to understand basically how a generator works in your first paragraph and then you just sorta jumped off the cliff in your second one! Putting a straight wire in the middle of spinning magnets does nothing to a wire. A magnetic field needs to travel with the wire to force electrons to move thus creating current. there is no such thing as EMF voltage. When an electrical charge passes through a wire your right it does indeed create a circular pattern as it moves along. But you can do that without current flowing. So unless im really misunderstanding what your trying to say by all means clarify.

Also the picture of the i guess you decided its a generator but the more i look at it the more it looks like an electric motor. Wrong configuration for a generator you would want the magnets to spin inside a coil.The odd partis it looks like hes spinning the center where he has either iron or copper bars i presume. Was there an outside casing or was that it? ill see if i can find a better picture.
edit on 12/17/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

1st, When you try to figure this puzzle out, you have to as someone said before, think like a 3rd grader. You can't think like we normally would when it comes to electrical motors and generators. They are all dependent on the normal procedure of using fuel or connected energy sources. De-educate your thought process in this situation.

Eye witness reports state Ed would initially crank the machine and then it wouldn't stop or slow down until he forced it to stop. Look at the picture above. You can see that under the crank was another circulating contraption/arm. It is assumed that the inner workings (the missing parts) spun in an opposite direction from that of the outside magnets.

In my opinion Ed found or was taught a way to make magnets run from the their same -poles while at the same time chasing the opposite poles.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

A magnetic field needs to travel with the wire to force electrons to move thus creating current. there is no such thing as EMF voltage.

en.wikipedia.org...

Electromotive force, also called emf[1] (denoted mathcal[E] and measured in volts), is the voltage developed by any source of electrical energy such as a battery or dynamo.[2]

Therefore when I refer to EMF voltage im refereeing to the voltage drop along the conducting circuit. If there is no voltage drop in circuit there is no current flow in it.

Putting a straight wire in the middle of spinning magnets does nothing to a wire.

It not putting a wire in middle of spinning magnet you have missed the idea completely. The magnet below has a field around it but its not perfectly circular or continuous in free air. Eds technique for inducing the current requires the south and north magnetic poles (Eds mangnetic current) chasing each other continuously in an unbroken unimpeded circular loop. I believe also physical motion is important to this process (turning the fly wheel), just as a rotor winding in motor must physically turn to allow current to be induced in as it intersects pole field lines. Therefore using a toroid sitting on a bench will not do as well (physical motion is vital to Eds mechanism hence the flywheel).

It is not impractical to replicate eds equipment and see first hand by experiment, which always is the best method of verification. I cant say im convinced it will work either but a replica test jig would soon find out.

A replica set up of his equipment allows further testing some other ideas people have postulated for the function of the flywheel. Another theory it was frequency he was using to move rocks. Mabey that is possible as well, there are what appear (some say) like radio tuners hanging in his too shed.

The tuner

Either his fly wheel was part of the mechanism used to move the rocks or it wasn't and only there to light the light bulbs in his room. The accurate construction replica of his fly wheel would be a good place to start.

The thing will experimentation is it allows things to be done in varied ways, and in those varied ways mabey something unexpected is revealed as with the Podkletnov effect.

Someone in the laboratory was smoking a pipe, and the pipe smoke rose in a column above the superconducting disc. So we placed a ball-shaped magnet above the disc, attached to a balance. The balance behaved strangely. We substituted a nonmagnetic material, silicon, and still the balance was very strange. We found that any object above the disc lost some of its weight, and we found that if we rotated the disc, the effect was increased.[2]
Podkletnov published a paper in 1992 reporting that the weight of an object directly above the disk was decreased. He concluded that the superconducting disk was shielding the Earth's gravitational force above it.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

You are overlooking a lot of the magnet poles. You may have been simplifying it just to make a point but I think it is important to show that each extending magnet grouping isn't just one pole. It's actually 6 norths and 6 souths.

edit on 17-12-2013 by OatDelphi because: spelling edit

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OatDelphi

Yes I was aware of there being numerous north and south pole sequences, and was simplifying it. I believe Eds Magnetic current is literally as he describes it as north and south poles continuously chasing each other. The symmetry of the fly wheel magnets suggests that the magnetic current he is developing follows an unbroken circular or symmetrical path.

When we get into the area of talking magnetism it becomes a black art because science doesn't know a lot about it and im sure there are plenty of mysterious things about it yet to be discovered. The question becomes what did Ed know about it and could apply it in application, that main stream science doesn't know yet.[

The U shape magnets are interesting feature. Are you aware of anyone who has replicated his fly wheel?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I personally don't know anyone who has built one, but there are videos all over youtube of individuals who have copied the design to the best of their knowledge and replicated what they could. But as I have mentioned they don't have the inner missing parts so no one can make it work like Ed did. And that's the mystery... What was stolen?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by OatDelphi

Yes I was aware of there being numerous north and south pole sequences, and was simplifying it. I believe Eds Magnetic current is literally as he describes it as north and south poles continuously chasing each other. The symmetry of the fly wheel magnets suggests that the magnetic current he is developing follows an unbroken circular or symmetrical path.

When we get into the area of talking magnetism it becomes a black art because science doesn't know a lot about it and im sure there are plenty of mysterious things about it yet to be discovered. The question becomes what did Ed know about it and could apply it in application, that main stream science doesn't know yet.[

The U shape magnets are interesting feature. Are you aware of anyone who has replicated his fly wheel?

Well as the generator goes its missing a coil however looking in to it they are confident it had one. As i looked into it though its use becomes obvious apparently he had it wired to some lights on the property. So this wasnt for moving anything it powered 2 flood lights he used to work. Makes sense since there was no electricity and having the lights would be useless without power.However also leads me to believe he didnt always work alone either. Also as i looked into it it appears there were several local eyewitnesses that saw him moving the stones. And were aware of his block and tackle rig. And looking at the stones you can see marks from the chains, So id say this isnt the mystery the owners of crystal castle want you to believe it is.

PS thanksthough i was unaware of this and its amazing someone would dedicate 20 years to this truly amazing.

edit on 12/17/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Yes I've been to coral castle and it's an impressive structure. It takes someone with the ingenuity of Wally Wallington to move stones that large and Leedskalnin did have some ingenuity. But, it wasn't anything beyond the capability of a clever person using things like leverage to their advantage. I had seen shows about and read about supposed levitation to move the stones, but I'm not sure who really started that idea, since I couldn't find such claims in Leedskalnin's sources like his pamphlets that he sold. If I had to guess who spread that idea, maybe it was the promoters of the Coral Castle museum, to try to entice visitors perhaps? And maybe the strategy worked...it got me to visit.

They also had a lot of Leedskalnin's tools, gadgets and artifacts on display at Coral castle, a lot of which looked like stuff he had salvaged from a junk yard. Even the pivot for the stone gate that apparently once pivoted (but it was stuck when I got there) was apparently part of a car's drive train from a junk yard.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I went to Coral castle a couple of years ago with my daughter. It is a mind boggling place. one of the stones looked to be about the size of a small school bus. I don't know how that little man did what he did, but he knew SOMETHING. Possibly just how to use levers and block and tackle methods to raise the stones, but looking at it, the first thing that comes to mind is that something was employed there that was out of the realm of the conventional. One other thing. I had read that some people experienced a sort of discomfort from some sort of energy there at the site. I was very skeptical of this but when I went, I myself felt a little off for a few hours after going there. I remember feeling drained, a bit dizzy, and having a slight metalic taste in my mouth that went away after a few hours. Really weird and it did happen. There is a theory that he picked that specific spot for the energy that was at that location (what kind of energy is not specified). There may be something to that. At any rate I will find the pictures I took of some of the stones and post them on this thread when time allows.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Interesting man, if nothing else. That theory would certainly explain the phenomena of gravity, and why outer-space exhibits such strange behaviour in regard to the distance between solid bodies. ie. Between the Earth and the Moon an astronaut floats freely, but get closer to one or the other and the astronaut and his vessel becomes pulled towards the celestial object with proportionate force to the size of that celestial object... in the moon's case, weakly - in the Earth's case, very strongly. Clearly a symptom identical to magnetism.

So maybe gravity is literally just magnetism, except on a biological/atomic scale. That would imply that levitating earthly objects is possible and even likely quite simple with the right tools & technology. Maybe Ed really did work out how to manipulate that natural magnetism? Hmm.

Anyway cool stuff brother. Makes more sense than not. After all, one cannot argue against the fact that things (at the atomic level) do stick together on their own lol. The most important question is certainly how? And then the second most important question would be "how can we screw with it?"

Keep up the interesting work mate

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I like your idea about him reversing the polarity of the stones to make them levitate using the earth as a magnet. If such a thing is possible it would totally work! I could see this as a form of navigation the ufo's might be using. Keep digging!
edit on 18-12-2013 by rocktsar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rocktsar

I like your idea about him reversing the polarity of the stones to make them levitate using the earth as a magnet.

The strength of the Earth's magnetic field at the magnetic poles (where it is strongest) is about 60 microteslas (half that at the equator). A refrigerator magnet has produces a magnetic force of 0.01 tesla. That is 160 times more powerful than the the best the Earth's magnetic field can do.

Unless you think you're going to levitate chunks of coral with something less than a refrigerator magnet, I think you're out of luck.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join