It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ed Leedskalnin said all matter is individual magnets (mabey hes right)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
for interest I gave it a go at drawing a simple diagram of the shape of magnetic field line directions.

What is interesting to me is there will be sinusoidal shape patterns which appear to have wavelengths associated with them represented by (spacings between N and S magnets).

Some people believe frequency is important to Eds secret. It would be nice to know what speeds he cranked the wheel at, to work out frequency of rotation and also what the physical distance separates the North South pole sequences to work out wavelength.

It reminds me of magnetic field wave form that travels at 90 degrees to the electric field in an em wave.

What was resultant shape of field was he creating. a cone shape, a funnel shape, a pyramid shape, with the point end at top. Another variable to consider in the mystery with frequency also the shape of the field.

edit on 18-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

As true as that may be I think in order to really entertain this idea we have to speculate that he may have tapped into something that conventional knowledge is clueless about. Like if all matter were comprised of individual magnets and he found a way to harness it then maybe such a thing as size becomes inconsequential.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Ed L left a fascinating and frustratingly tantalizing legacy behind him, a riddle that torments the minds of the curious. It is difficult to ascertain the veracity of such stories such as having an entire truck loaded in mere moments as the driver was not looking. If such were true there is no conventional means that could account for it. However, with a a tiny one-foot long device I can with little time and minimal effort lift my large motorcar high enough off the ground to swap out a tire. If we were to disregard certain fantastic elements of his story it is entirely conceivable that he erected Coral Castle mundanely.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Great thread, OP. I appreciate that you actually look into this despite main stream science being more or less sceptical of Ed's writings.

However, there's one thing which is always missing in images of Ed's flywheel: the coils. So I wonder if and where coils could be set up to induce current and perhaps use it to power a motor. Depending on the coils (material, turns, gauge, number of coils etc.) and their position in that arrangement, perhaps he found a way to keep the flywheel in motion, despite potential (magentic) friction caused by magnets in the setup.

Did Ed use coils with sufficent turns, no iron core (to reduce friction) and put them around the flywheel in a circular fashion, thereby getting enough current to overcome the friction within the system? Just a thought ...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Now for my own personal theory for how his system works.

Ed believed he rediscovered secrets of Pyramid builders.

The pyramid below shows the ratio of dimensions for Giza Pyramid
Height - 4
Length of a middle slope 5
and area of a side 15

------
Now lets see if we can map the pyramid key ratio values that define its 3D geometry to the frequencies of the magnetic poles on the flyweel.

In every single revolution of fly wheel we see a passing of

4 joining points for shoes magnets
8 bolts around circumference each acting as pole in n-s-n-s sequence
120 teeth in n - s- n - s pole sequence
24 groups set of magnets around the 360% circumference
each group 5 magnets high

--------
Now ED would tell visitors he had a full understanding of laws weight and leverage.

What was he implying in this statement. Lets consider a possibility his system could literally allow mapping magnetic current frequencies to the geometry of a 3D object.

Using the values i identified above from his flywheel

120/24 = 5
Lets identify this value 5 as the Length of a middle slope 5 identified in the dimensional picture of pyramid above

120 / 8 = 15

Lets identify this as the Area of one side face of the pyramid identified in the dimensional picture of pyramid above)

4 joining points for shoes magnets ( lets designate this as the height of pyramid)

The length of one side of the base is dividing 24 groups of magnetics by 4 sides of the pyramid = 6.

I started with the 120 as it has a direct relationship to the volume value of pyramid 240. In this case half the volume = 120.

-----
We know two people sitting on a See saw can manipulate the leveage to move either person up or down between a balancing point.

Is there a possible analogy in Eds system that the flywheel produces a frequencys pattern with magnets which represents the geometry of a 3D object.

What i mean by this is that, if a stone is cut to dimensions which contain the ratios described, (eg as shown in diagram of pyramid above), and copper wire is wrapped around the stone object and the other wire end place into the rotating field of the fly wheel, it sets up a condition where the flywheel can be used to apply leverage on the stone..

The motion of the flywheel allows synergise to the weight of the stone in way where the flywheel can mimic a weight balancing the stone at the other end of connecting wire.

Ed believed everything is made of magnets so mabey what is happening is the frequency of the magnetic current in the flywheel becomes locked to the natural frequency of the magnetic current flowing in the stone. Therefore in this system weight and rotation become synergised and can be used to offset each others balance, (because from the perspective of the system once its in synergy the frequency of the magnetic current is what alters the balance)

If such a system did actually work on this principal then adjusting the physical rotating speed of flywheel adjusts objects weight.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Okay, here goes. What about variable magnetics? Or variable resonant magnetics? What I am getting at is everything has a specific resonance or vibration. Tuning forks for example. Even stone blocks will have a specific vibration or frequency. If you could setup a resonant current that is the same as the item you are trying to lift would that almost make it levitate?

There are experiments where sound is used to make items levitate. Get the right sound frequency and an item will stay suspended. Now if you could adjust an electromagnetic current to resonate with the item in question would it also 'levitate'? And using ferrofluid, you can see magnetic fields move in response to magnetic fields. And maybe I have no idea what I am talking about, but it is fun to speculate.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

"A mind that is not enslaved to to the established norms (academic science) is usually one that is free to discover the wonders of the universe"

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

lostbook
Great thread.

I'm no scientist but I think magnetism is the key behind the universe's inner workings in some form or another. Sound waves is also a definite possibility, but this thread gives me another idea based on another thread I'm conjuring in my head.

I'm thinking that the Earth must have magnetic pressure points and at these certain points a human can manipulate matter/ forms in ways that they can't at other places on the planet. I've read other threads where is says that ancient temples and places of worship are built at certain lattitude/ longitude points. I forget the actual term for it, but what if the Coral Castle is built at one of these points and at this point was where Leedskalin was able to work his magic? What if it really is just a matter of location, location, location.?

What say you, ATS?

Current scientific knowledge states that whether an individual atom interacts with a magnetic field depends on the state of electrons in particular orbital regions, which leads to the Pauli Exclusion Principle that no two electrons in the same orbital can be in the same state:

www.chemistry.mcmaster.ca...

All electrons generate a magnetic field, but for various orbitals, the electrons pair up and cancel out each others electromagnetic field. Then you get some atoms that repel magnetic fields (Diamagnetic materials), that are slightly attracted (paramagnetic) and strongly attracted (ferromagnetic).

www.ndt-ed.org...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I don't think Ed had to be necessary a maths wizz to work out the lengths of sides, height for the different shape stones he cut. I think fundamentally he may of worked it out by using the pyramid geometry. The rough example in picture below shows how pyramids with the correct dimensional ratios might be combinable together to form a cube shaped stone block. This technique I would think he learned within his stone mason family heritage.

Im no maths or geometry wizz either so that sequence "may not be the correct one to form the cube", but im sure you can appreciate the concept for forming a cube by joining pyramids together to arrive at the cube.

Personally im convinced Eds magmetic current exists in all objects. How would this theory sit with main stream science. At this point I would suggest a possibility there are two currents the electric current and Eds magnetic current. Mainstream science knows a lot about the first but nothing of the second.

Ed did say that main stream science is only is able to see half of what is going and its measuring instrument tools can only detect one half, of the whole.

The pyramid shape itself may be a natural shape for collecting the magnetic current, much like a sail catches the wind, a solar panel catches the sun or a capacitor holds an electric charge.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

old_god

"A mind that is not enslaved to to the established norms (academic science) is usually one that is free to discover the wonders of the universe"

There is no academic norms its constantly changing as are knowledge increases.Ive had a PHD for almost twenty years yet i constantly have to stay up to date on latest discoveries and sometimes complete flips on what we think we know. Then only time someone is enslaves is when they think they know all there is to know. And thats usually not scientists but engineers.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
I don't think Ed had to be necessary a maths wizz to work out the lengths of sides, height for the different shape stones he cut. I think fundamentally he may of worked it out by using the pyramid geometry. The rough example in picture below shows how pyramids with the correct dimensional ratios might be combinable together to form a cube shaped stone block. This technique I would think he learned within his stone mason family heritage.

Im no maths or geometry wizz either so that sequence "may not be the correct one to form the cube", but im sure you can appreciate the concept for forming a cube by joining pyramids together to arrive at the cube.

Personally im convinced Eds magmetic current exists in all objects. How would this theory sit with main stream science. At this point I would suggest a possibility there are two currents the electric current and Eds magnetic current. Mainstream science knows a lot about the first but nothing of the second.

Ed did say that main stream science is only is able to see half of what is going and its measuring instrument tools can only detect one half, of the whole.

The pyramid shape itself may be a natural shape for collecting the magnetic current, much like a sail catches the wind, a solar panel catches the sun or a capacitor holds an electric charge.

If there was this other current we would have found it by now. Think we are at a point in history we can view an atom. We build colliders to break down individual particles into their parts so i can say with 100 percent certainty there is no missing current. This is the kind of speculation they were making in the 1800s we have come along way since then.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

dragonridr
If there was this other current we would have found it by now.

There is much in mainstream physics that is misinterpretation.

You are trying to state fact based on an assumption of the superiority of present-day mainstream scientific know-how as compared to the past.

Not everyone sees the mainstream explanation of how Coral Castle or the pyramids were built as credible.

edit on 12/19/13 by Mary Rose because: Clarify

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

dragonridr

I laughed at that statement, its actually absurd.
edit on 19-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I'm curious about your imageshack.us images.

Are the notations on the images yours, or someone else's?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

dragonridr

If there was this other current we would have found it by now. Think we are at a point in history we can view an atom. We build colliders to break down individual particles into their parts so i can say with 100 percent certainty there is no missing current. This is the kind of speculation they were making in the 1800s we have come along way since then.

I thought the same, too, at first. But when checking Ed's theory of magnetic current based on the setup he describes in his writings, we have to admit that he might at least be partially right. The drawings below illustrate that there is an electromagnetic bond-effect at work which is functional even when there's no power in the circuit:

For all I know, this effect is not being applied in any circuits or devices even though there could be potential use for this in many areas (please correct me if I'm wrong). The closest any applications get when it comes to utilizing this effect are probably relays. But perhaps some of you know a similar concept being applied in today's devices and applications?

Anyhow, I think the above experiment shows (to some extent) that Ed was a very practical person, capable of alternative thinking beyond main stream science ...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by Mary Rose

dragonridr

I laughed at that statement, its actually absurd.
edit on 19-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

I agree with the absurdity but I didn't laugh... it's hard to have a life AND keep up with everything all at once, what's been overturned for something more accepted but still doesn't quite solve the totals in all columns making law... as far as experiments go, we have barely scratched the surface. There's a whole lot left to be uncovered, I didn't laugh because perhaps dragonridr hasn't had the time to read up on the latest in particle physics, it's a passion of mine and if I increased the 2 hours a day I do on it to 8 or even 10 I still couldn't stay current. But the current thought is every particle has an opposite... leaving plenty of room for other currents or wave form interactions to be found and experimented with, of course finding them is the hard part, a lot of this tech I believe is going to come out of the study of crystalline structures, lets not forget that the Hutchinson effect lifted a cannon ball and sort of phased materials into one another. Or that the same sort of phased anomalies have been found in nature such as the "London Hammer" phased inside a stone and other similar unexplained anomalies.

Athlon I appreciate the thought you've put into my suggestion of a stator coil field effect, unfortunately many important parts of Ed's contraptions are missing, so the winding and possible coil configurations etc. would have to be experimented from scratch to figure out, the key to it is in his writings though. I believe there is a person on ebay that sells a model of the flywheel crank, for those looking for a shortcut. Of course some of the components Ed used was just him making do with what he had, some of the stuff is not important to the effect he was achieving, but the "tuner" as you referred to the U shaped thing on the wall is in his writings I can't recall what he called it though... collector maybe? I need to go back for a refresher so I can use Ed's terms, but I am sure it plays a part, to perhaps boost or be a hand held counter balance or lets reach a tad bit with the Egyptian connection the square thing always seen in the hand of certain gods... a hand held self contained power source that guides or directs the stones of sorts? You can still see some of the wire winding around it hanging on the wall I believe it is one of the experiments he discusses in his writings, he also had little wires hanging every where as a sort of sensor probe for energies to help determine when flow was best or at it's strongest and worked during those times, perhaps those wires one the tuner/collector thing are simply some of those?

I was researching all of this heavily for a few years and planned on writing a book, but life gets in the way as mentioned before, but coral castle could really be called crystal castle and as anyone familiar knows Hutchinson used crystal conglomerates in his experiments. I know people say his experiments have not been reproducible but I believe he is holding out and not giving the full equation he gained notoriety from it, got it branded as a fluke to perhaps get the spooks off his back to be able to continue his work without losing his baby, if it's gonna be suppressed at least suppress it on your terms til you had a chance to experiment with it fully right? ... Hell I would do the same thing, wouldn't you?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Wait a moment... Something is not right here.

Hermes Trismegistus wrote in Kore Kosmou that all matter is made of four elements fire, water, air, and earth. And according to Edgar Cayce, Hermes (also known as Thoth) was an engineer from Atlantis and the architect of the Egyptian pyramids.

Leedskalnin claimed to posses the knowledge of the pyramid builders. He must have known about Hermes. To me it seems, he used this magnets story to cover up the true nature of matter and the key to its manipulation and anti-gravity.

I would suggest to focus on the four elements theory instead of wasting your time with magnets.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

jeep3r
For all I know, this effect is not being applied in any circuits or devices even though there could be potential use for this in many areas (please correct me if I'm wrong). The closest any applications get when it comes to utilizing this effect are probably relays. But perhaps some of you know a similar concept being applied in today's devices and applications?
That's more or less the way magnets are made so of course there's an application. You don't want relays to get "stuck" though so a relay isn't the best example of magnetizing something else.

If you watch these two videos and understand them, you will know more about magnets work than Leedskalnin did, and the second one shows an industrial example of what's shown in your illustration to make magnets:

Magnets - A Magnet Factory -Part 1 Making magnets without electricity

Magnets - A Magnet Factory -Part 2 Making magnets with electricity

jeep3r
Anyhow, I think the above experiment shows (to some extent) that Ed was a very practical person, capable of alternative thinking beyond main stream science ...
In order to "think outside the box", you have to know what is in the box. If you don't, how do you know if you are thinking outside the box? That was Ed's problem, he was tinkering with things that had already been done experimentally long before he was even born. Here's an electromagnet from 1831 where this effect was already known:

www.ieeeghn.org...

Joseph Henry’s large horseshoe shaped electromagnet from 1831. Henry used it in experiments. Courtesy: Smithsonian Institution.
Now if Leedskalnin had done his experiments in 1731, he might have been learning some things not well known or documented. But he was at least a century behind the times when it came to current knowledge, virtually all of which was confirmed through experimentation, so your implication that doing practical experiments isn't mainstream shows a lack of knowledge on your part about how mainstream knowledge is gained.

Of course these videos are vastly oversimplified for general consumption, but magnetic experiments in mainstream go far beyond anything you might imagine or know about. Scientists have even searched for the elusive magnetic monopoles hypothesized by Leedskalnin, and in the experiments have been able to show that the abundance of them is either zero or so close to it that they are too rare to detect.

Scientists don't know everything, but they do know some things:

Magnetism in bar magnets and electromagnets does not arise from magnetic monopoles, and in fact there is no conclusive experimental evidence that magnetic monopoles exist at all in the universe.
So instead of saying I'm 100% certain there's no magnetic current like dragonridr did, I'll say there's no evidence for the fundamental particles of such current, the magnetic monopoles, and it's not from a lack of looking for them:

A number of attempts have been made to detect magnetic monopoles. One of the simpler ones is to use a loop of superconducting wire to look for even tiny magnetic sources, a so-called "superconducting quantum interference device", or SQUID. Given the predicted density, loops small enough to fit on a lab bench would expect to see about one monopole event per year. Although there have been tantalizing events recorded, in particular the event recorded by Blas Cabrera on the night of February 14, 1982 (thus, sometimes referred to as the "Valentine's Day Monopole"), there has never been reproducible evidence for the existence of magnetic monopoles. The lack of such events places a limit on the number of monopoles of about one monopole per 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 nucleons.
So can we say for sure that magnetic monopoles don't exist? The closest we can say is that if they do exist they are too rare to form any significant current, and this has been experimentally verified. As clever as you think Leedskalnin was, many modern researchers and experimentalists are vastly more clever since unlike Leedskalnin they didn't ignore all the experiments that preceded them for centuries so they didn't have to start from scratch.

So I can see why some people think dragonridr's statement about being sure there's no magnetic current sounds a little bit arrogant, but there is actually a strong experimental foundation showing the lack of existence of the very particles that would make up such a current (less than one monopole per 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 nucleons and for all we know it could be zero but that's the amount that has been experimentally confirmed). So again, scientists don't know everything, but this is one of the things they do know, because they've done experiments, far more advanced than Leedskalnin's experiments.

I would encourage people who want to think outside the box to first learn what's inside the box which was put there by centuries of experimental work. Then when you know what's inside the box, you'll at least know if you're even thinking outside it or not. There's a lot of amazing stuff inside the box, including things like quasiparticle magnetic monopoles, which aren't real magnetic monoples but they exhibit similar properties, and those have been found in experiment.
edit on 19-12-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Arbitrageur

That's more or less the way magnets are made so of course there's an application. You don't want relays to get "stuck" though so a relay isn't the best example of magnetizing something else.

If you watch these two videos and understand them, you will know more about magnets work than Leedskalnin did, and the second one shows an industrial example of what's shown in your illustration to make magnets:

Magnets - A Magnet Factory -Part 1 Making magnets without electricity
Magnets - A Magnet Factory -Part 2 Making magnets with electricity

The videos cover the principles of magnetizing, yes, but Leedskalnin's insights clearly exceeded what is shown in those videos. But to know that, one would have to look into his work called 'magnetic current' and do the experiments ...

In order to "think outside the box", you have to know what is in the box. If you don't, how do you know if you are thinking outside the box? That was Ed's problem, he was tinkering with things that had already been done experimentally long before he was even born. Here's an electromagnet from 1831 where this effect was already known:

www.ieeeghn.org...

This is not really the same thing as what Ed came up with to describe electromagnetic properties using coils and steel. The point is really in the coils and the wiring as shown in this diagram:

With the above setup the following happens:

1. Connect the start/end of the coils with the positive battery terminal (just for a second)
2. The steel bar is magnetized and pulled to the prongs and stays in place without electricity
3. If you pull the steel bar off, the electric current you used in step 1. to achieve the bond effect can be 'regained' via the coils & can be measured with a voltmeter. The setup actually 'stores' the current you put into the system.

I'm with you in that we're not talking about a new kind of current, but the effect as such is impressive and rarely touched upon by main stream science. It's like an electro-magnet performing work without the continuous flow of electricity, but it's not a permanent magnet either.

By the way: the bond-effect can be reversed by switching the polarity. The steelbar would then also detach without the need to pull it off.

I would encourage people who want to think outside the box to first learn what's inside the box which was put there by centuries of experimental work. Then when you know what's inside the box, you'll at least know if you're even thinking outside it or not. There's a lot of amazing stuff inside the box, including things like quasiparticle magnetic monopoles, which aren't real magnetic monoples but they exhibit similar properties, and those have been found in experiment.

Well, Ed's work wasn't so much about magnetic monopoles and he didn't describe an experiment for getting zero-energy either. But he did do things differently in that he illustrated an electromagnetic effect that, previously, hadn't been observed or described in that way. This field of science, at that time, was said to be 'fully explored', but he went back to the roots and called a few things into question.

Apart from that, it's indeed amazing what's inside the box, but let's not go to lengths with accusations and arrogance just because some on here think older, traditional branches of physics leave no room for further questions ... just my 2 cents!
edit on 19-12-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

jeep3r
The videos cover the principles of magnetizing, yes, but Leedskalnin's insights clearly exceeded what is shown in those videos. But to know that, one would have to look into his work called 'magnetic current' and do the experiments ...
I've read magnetic current and done more experiments than Leedskalnin described therein. As I said on the first page his "insights" are easily falsifiable, such as the moon not crashing to Earth as he said it would if the poles of the Earth or moon flipped. The moon doesn't even have the same kind of magnetic field as the Earth as Leedskalnin thought. I would add that it's kind of absurd to even think that magnetism held the moon in orbit in Leedskalnin's time. Maybe in the dark ages before Newton I could understand the hypothesis, but there was no reason to substitute magnetic forces for gravity versus inertia to explain the moons' orbit after Newton, that I can see.

This is not really the same thing as what Ed came up with to describe electromagnetic properties using coils and steel.

1. Connect the start/end of the coils with the positive battery terminal (just for a second)
2. The steel bar is magnetized and pulled to the prongs and stays in place without electricity
3. If you pull the steel bar off, the electric current you used in step 1. to achieve the bond effect can be 'regained' via the coils & can be measured with a voltmeter. The setup actually 'stores' the current you put into the system.
How is that different from what's shown in the second video? The only differences I can see are that the factory operator uses a footswitch to connect and disconnect the power source and the windings are slightly different but it's the same basic concept.

Well, Ed's work wasn't so much about magnetic monopoles and he didn't describe an experiment for getting zero-energy either.
He did have a design for a perpetual motion holder, which was good for people wondering what to do with all their excess perpetual motions.

edit on 19-12-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join