It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuations underway at Harvard University after reports of possible explosives on campus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

The Cambridge, Massachusetts university has issued an alert after possible explosives were found in four campus buildings at the Ivy League school

Evacuations underway at Harvard University after reports of possible explosives on campus

No more than what is linked as it is just breaking but...really? Another one and this time at Harvard?

Authorities with Cambridge Police Department and school officers descended on four sites at the Ivy League school that included it’s science center and freshman dorms.

That does not sound good....4 sites would make me think this is a true threat and someone did some serious planning to set up 4 sites. Hopefully they caught this before anything can happen.
edit on 12/16/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Its probably just some kids who need more time to study, you know too much partying before finals.

I will hold on to that hope.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Looks like CNN has picked it up now too and reporting a Tweet that went out...

"Science Center, Thayer, Sever, and Emerson. Evacuate those buildings now," the tweet said.

Source

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I posted the CNN link in another thread, then noticed yours. I had the mods remove it, no point in multiple threads.

Anyway. its finals week. Why call in one bomb when you can call in a bunch.

If it is a student, i hope they do jail time. Wasting safety resources when someones life may really be in danger.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Looks like someone is going for the elite in the cradle.

link   
Harvard Police Emergency page has some updates as well.

The Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) this morning received an unconfirmed report that explosives may have been placed in four buildings on campus: the Science Center, Thayer, Sever and Emerson Halls. HUPD and Cambridge Police are on the scene. Out of an abundance of caution, the buildings have been evacuated while the report is investigated. Harvard's focus is on the safety of our students, faculty and staff. We will update the media when we have more information.

Harvard Police

link   
Harvard's twitter feed has some info...

The Harvard Crimson - @thecrimson

Seems a little conflicting. One tweet mentions explosives & another threats.

Also, morning's final exams are canceled, students are cheering. :/

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Finals week for this? Really? If it's real..I sure hope no one is hurt and they get it handled quickly without fuss.

If it's not real? I hope the crank gets a few years in a State Prison. I'm absolutely not kidding. This 'crank for fun' garbage has been playing out for years and as many cases show nothing happening as having the book thrown at you. Generally based on State vs. Federal jurisdiction for a false threat.

No mercy on people who would hurt so many others for their own benefit or amusement ...and that's assuming it's not a legitimate threat.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Go figure.
Whoever did it, well they went.......GO BIG OR GO HOME.

People now days are of the most ignorant, unscrupulous self centered variety.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

shaneslaughta
I posted the CNN link in another thread, then noticed yours. I had the mods remove it, no point in multiple threads.

Anyway. its finals week. Why call in one bomb when you can call in a bunch.

If it is a student, i hope they do jail time. Wasting safety resources when someones life may really be in danger.

Yeah...I am thinking this may just be to disrupt the finals, then again, more likely to have more people to kill when finals are under way since you know they will all be there.

Wonder how they were alerted. If this was all called in then I am going to say I think it was definitely a ploy to get out of finals. If something was found then it would be more serious.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

shaneslaughta
Its probably just some kids who need more time to study, you know too much partying before finals.

I will hold on to that hope.

it's those yalies..they are always doing s**t like this....
2nd line

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Someone didn't study for finals and doesn't want the old man's money cut off until after the holidays.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Ha...yep...the most likely scenario.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I dont get people. There could be people being held at gunpoint right now.
There could be a house fire with kids trapped. Hell someone could be choking.

But someone CARED enough about their finals that they didnt study for, to pull this.

I hope they catch the perp and hang em high. Hope no one needs their public safety net during this incident.

IT INFURIATES ME!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Is that confirmed already? Was it a fake bomb threat? I can't find any new information on this anywhere.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

No its not confirmed, i never said it was. just putting things together.

The way i see it, if they wanted to cause harm to a massive group of people.....you dont alert the campus police to the bombs.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Yeah I think the same, but some reports are saying explosives found which suggests they were not called in. I just don't see how they could all be found at the same time which is why I think this was called in since they are reporting it was in four buildings simultaneously.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Three of the buildings being evacuated in Cambridge border Harvard Yard – the oldest part of the Harvard University campus and its historic center. The bomb scare comes as final exams commenced at the Ivy League school. According to the university's exam schedule, 9 finals were set to begin at 9:00 a.m. in those buildings being evacuated. Students reportedly erupted in applause following the announcement the buildings were being evacuated, The Harvard Crimson, the daily student newspaper of Harvard University, tweeted.

I wouldn't be surprised if half the student body knew it was going to happen.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
C'mon now.
A bomb threat during finals?
I bet this is a hoax.
It's just some student who doesn't wanna do his exams.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I'm beginning to think that is very much the case.

One news agency is stating an LE source said that the bomb threat was called in. ABC7

Another news agency reported 9 finals exams were to start at 9am in the buildings evacuated. Fox 25

Guess we'll see if they find anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join