It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coinality, Jobs that pay in Bitcoins...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Seems to be a lot of support for Bitcoins coming out. However, this support in my eyes intuitively makes me believe that they will be short lived. I like them, the idea of them but i have this funny feeling that it wont last.

Coinality..

Since its launch in September 2013, Coinality has registered over 1,000 members, posted more than 350 jobs, 150 resumes, and received over 700 applications from qualified candidates accepting Bitcoin compensation. If you've found a job on Coinality, we want to hear from you! CONTACT US and let us know!

A lot of jobs up on the board and they seem to be high paying. Investment and programming postings are among the list.

I checked it out to see if maybe there was some data entry jobs on the list but didn't see many.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Cool. I have been watching the advancement of Bitcions. I think it's the wave of the future; it will be the economy for space commerce. PayPal is looking for a commerce system for interstellar trade and I think BTC is high on the list. Furthermore, virgin Galactic accepts Bitcoins as payment for sub-orbital flights.

I'm seeing several parallels to the advancement of Bitcions and its momentum is building. This new advancement from your post only fuels this notion.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Is using Bitcoin legal?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Illegal types enjoy this volitile currency known as Bitcions but I don't think its illegal.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Hm, you don't seem too sure...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I'm pretty sure it's legal, albeit that Bitcoin isn't a regulated currency. Just because illegal types use Bitcoin doesn't make Bitcoin itself illegal. Because of its volatility, there's a quick result on the profit or loss of one's investment; sort of like gambling. Last I checked gambling isn't illegal; at least not in Vegas.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It is legal. I have invested in Bitcoin and researched it extensively. There are a couple of rules on how certain financial institutions can use it in a couple of countries but it is legally wide open otherwise.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Focus has been put on illegal uses because banks don't like its decentralized nature and are trying to vilify it. But most experts believe that cash is still far more exploitable by criminals.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I like it because there is a level of autonomy and because the banks cannot control it, it is not taxable, and even if it becomes a "one world currency" it is completely decentralized so governments cannot control its use.
Bitcoin itself will not become the de facto currency because there is a built in cap on how many coins there will be, but around 100 other digital currencies have already spawned from it, some with considerable advantages over the Bitcoin architecture.

edit on 15-12-2013 by dainoyfb because: Typo

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Bitcoins value today:
Trend

Against the USD

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The more I think about Bitcoin, the more I get interested in them. How do I get them?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
There are many, many ways to get them. My favorite is to use a site called localbitcoins. There you can look up people that are selling bitcoins. There are different ways that they do this but I try to stick to the ones that let you anonymously deposit cash into their bank account. It's often a bit more expensive this way but localbitcoins holds the transfers in escrow until they are complete so that it is a very safe exchange. It is a very quick way to convert coins this way too.

localbitcoins also has a way to connect you with local buyers and sellers in person so you can deal in cash. If you ever go this route definitely follow safety advice and check sellers feedback ratings!

Bitcoins can be purchased through the mainstream exchanges (except in China for now).

There are also maps online that show brick and mortar companies in your area that you can visit to buy from.
edit on 16-12-2013 by dainoyfb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Here are a couple of really good links for learning about buying bitcoins. The first is an article describing someone's experience buying bitcoins in person and the second is a list of methods with pros/cons.

I Bought Bitcoin In Person And Here's What Happened

Buying Bitcoins (the newbie version)
edit on 16-12-2013 by dainoyfb because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join