It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knockout "Game" Backfires, Woman Attacked- What Is Going On With Our Society???

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CardiffGiant

That was a well thought out response. My point was I don't walk around with a gun like you assumed. As usual it comes down to differences of opinion. No hard feelings here either, it's a crazy world we live in. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies
reply to post by DZAG Wright

If you aren't willing to look at FBI compiled crime rates and see who actually commit more crimes per capita, then there is no sense in talking to you.

All you want to do is preach your hate and racism against whites - blaming them for everything and taking no accountability. That too is racism.

Racism is what is shouted when you have no actual facts or figures to back up what you are saying - the problem that you are running into in this thread is that people aren't simply shutting up or going away when they hear the word racism... Instead, people are standing up to the BS allegations and supporting their arguments with facts and figures.

You could learn something from this if you would actually open your mind.

WHAT are you STILL talking about? I said crime is down from the 90's. Why are you still talking about crimes per capita and WHO commits what? My point is that CRIME IS DOWN. Common sense would tell someone that we are no longer in the crack epidemic so of course crime is down. Places like Los Angelos, New York and Chicago are extremely different from the 80's and 90's. With New York and Los Angelos being labeled some of the SAFEST large cities there are.

I don't hate whites, nor am I preaching racism. I'm simply stating what should be obivous that white america created the monster they are now afraid of.

So you CAN'T stand up to the FACTS I'm giving you, all you can do is deflect.

Now if you will read and comprehend YOU may learn something.
edit on 11-12-2013 by DZAG Wright because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I am from Germany and today, it's the first time I hear about this "game".
Normally everything new invented in the States reaches Europe within a few months but I am glad that this isn't the case for this "game"

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
In regards to being armed. It is my humble opinion that being armed will not help in this situation being sucker punched (ambushed) happens be sues you have no situational awareness. If you were paying attention you wouldn't have been chosen to be the sucker.

If walk up to someone and I a within their personal space and they have not deployed a weapon the I will succeed I hitting them. There is no chance in hell anybody wi be able to deploy their weapon in that amount of time.

I own a gun, and the martial art I do specializes in blade work I know what people are and aren't capable of with these weapons. Being armed doesn't do squat against a sucker pun hot any punch within range if you don't already have the weapon out brandished.

Personay I think a sailors monkey paw for a key lanyards the best option .

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
In regards to being armed. It is my humble opinion that being armed will not help in this situation being sucker punched (ambushed) happens be sues you have no situational awareness. If you were paying attention you wouldn't have been chosen to be the sucker.

If walk up to someone and I a within their personal space and they have not deployed a weapon the I will succeed I hitting them. There is no chance in hell anybody wi be able to deploy their weapon in that amount of time.

I own a gun, and the martial art I do specializes in blade work I know what people are and aren't capable of with these weapons. Being armed doesn't do squat against a sucker pun hot any punch within range if you don't already have the weapon out brandished.

Personay I think a sailors monkey paw for a key lanyards the best option .

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Racism does not cause a person to commit a crime, violent or not. Environment does 99% of the time and other times they are just sick bastards, black or white, and would be institutionalized anyway.

Racism in the US is something perpetrated by the media and other outlets to continue to have black youth grow up angry and pissed off at white people in this day and age. If you are black in the US you have the same rights, opportunity and chance to excel as anyone else. This is just fact. Taking it a step further, there are more outlets to find a way out for black youth than poor white trash youth. Their only option is usually the armed services. They die because they know no better and think the GI BIll is the way out. Blacks in leadership positions in this country do a lot to try to better their own culture only to have it torn down every few years with a 'hate crime' and Al Sharpton on TV demanding justice.

We have a black president, who had a white mother, who has a ME/Muslim name in office. If he can accomplish that than sir, anything is possible. Stop living in the past and feeling sorry for yourself and pay it forward. If not, we will be in the same space we are now in 20 years.

What these kids are doing should be addressed whether it is against whites, blacks or animals. People are dying. These are the facts...

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

DZAG Wright

And this is all that need be the attitude. At least you aren't others in this thread and all over the internet who pretend as if they have no idea why the black culture seems effed up.

If I raise a child from infancy to adulthood, and I abuse this child severely, how STUPID would I look acting bewildered when that child displays signs of aggression? This is what the racist or misinformed in white America are doing.

Yes, some children can and will over come abuse and I guess.......just lock it away in some corner of their mind. But other children will display the scarring.

Yeah, it's the white man's fault that HUD projects exist. A culture that exists in a vacuum of responsible behavior.
People live there, paying $25 a month for an all utilities paid apt, making babies with no regard of the children's futures....the important thing is getting more money from the govt.
Drugs, violence, ignorance run rampant in these establishments. The children have extremely little chance escaping the environment they are being raised in.
Drug dealers, users, violent criminals and welfare moms are their role models.
Heaven help the child who WANTS to learn and escape the ghetto. He will be picked on, beaten and made fun of.
I managed a HUD property once...I could say more, but I think you all get the idea.

Yeah....that's the white man's fault. Whitey's fault ... Can't be the fault of the black community. A community hell bent on not accepting responsibility for their own actions and inactions. He'll bent on ignoring that problems exist...unless those problems can be blamed on whitey, that is.

Black on black crime is HUGE and is the main reason that our penitentiaries are full and overflowing. To claim the reason is racist white judges and juries is the stupidest thing I have ever freaking heard.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
People who cry Racism cry it because they have no actual facts, figures or statistics that they can document.

These days shouting "Racist" is the idiot's argument tactic. If you can't prove your point which is likely based on emotion and not citable facts, then you can always call "Racism". The beauty of shouting "Racism"? You don't NEED facts or even proof to back up your claim, just a feeling that you don't have equality in some way shape or form - and instead of looking at the reasons why you might not have equality at that snapshot moment in time, it is easier to shout "Racism".

Well what makes the knockout game interesting is this, this time it is the white community who justly (and with facts, figures, evidence and documentation to back up their point) get to shout "Racism"!

And what is the response from the Black community? Some real leaders like Al Sharpton are doing the intelligent thing and standing up and decrying the attacks as horrible. Unfortunately, the majority of the rest of the community seem happy to make excuses attempting to justify the savage behavior with statements like "whites played the knockout game on blacks for 300 years" and "this is just to pay back for slavery. News Flash - none of you were alive during slavery and none of you have anything to pay back. You have not personally been wronged by it any more than I have by my Jewish ancestors being held as slaves by black Egyptians for 1000 years. Man up and take responsibility for yourself and stop making excuses for the degenerates of society that think this sort of thing is ok. My concern is that if members of the Black community don't start to stand up against this, members of the white community will stand up and handle it on their own - THAT is where the problems really get ugly. This all needs to be dialed back by the communities that those committing these Racist Hate Crimes are from as it is a direct public reflection on the same communities.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Nice punt!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies
People who cry Racism cry it because they have no actual facts, figures or statistics that they can document.

These days shouting "Racist" is the idiot's argument tactic. If you can't prove your point which is likely based on emotion and not citable facts, then you can always call "Racism". The beauty of shouting "Racism"? You don't NEED facts or even proof to back up your claim, just a feeling that you don't have equality in some way shape or form - and instead of looking at the reasons why you might not have equality at that snapshot moment in time, it is easier to shout "Racism".

Well what makes the knockout game interesting is this, this time it is the white community who justly (and with facts, figures, evidence and documentation to back up their point) get to shout "Racism"!

And what is the response from the Black community? Some real leaders like Al Sharpton are doing the intelligent thing and standing up and decrying the attacks as horrible. Unfortunately, the majority of the rest of the community seem happy to make excuses attempting to justify the savage behavior with statements like "whites played the knockout game on blacks for 300 years" and "this is just to pay back for slavery. News Flash - none of you were alive during slavery and none of you have anything to pay back. You have not personally been wronged by it any more than I have by my Jewish ancestors being held as slaves by black Egyptians for 1000 years. Man up and take responsibility for yourself and stop making excuses for the degenerates of society that think this sort of thing is ok. My concern is that if members of the Black community don't start to stand up against this, members of the white community will stand up and handle it on their own - THAT is where the problems really get ugly. This all needs to be dialed back by the communities that those committing these Racist Hate Crimes are from as it is a direct public reflection on the same communities.

nice post.
i hate slaves.

stupid slaves.

i would not like black slaves, if i had some.

is that racist?

if i had slaves do i need black ones?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Damn, this is one of the few times I can say I'm glad I'm a big angry looking man, whew. But seriously, these kids remind me of those young elephants they unfortunately had to cull at Kruger National Park in SA. The story goes due to poaching in Africa many young elephants were left as orphans. The prime targets of poaching in Africa are older male "tusker" Elephants with their long ivory prizes sticking out their face. Anyway, without the older males to keep the adolescence in check the young elephants soon got out of control and started killing another African species, the Rhinoceros (another prime target of poachers) for fun. Unable to rehabilitate the angry young bulls rangers were forced to shoot them or see the rare rhinos go bye bye.
Sound familiar?
Don't assume this story is being told in a facetious way with hidden meaning. I'm NOT saying "cull" these wayward kids. I'm just stating obvious correlation.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Kid, you were talking about crime rates, and then said it was all about the private prison complex needing more monies. If you can't put two and two together, that's on you.

Zero.. still stands.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

If I had to have slaves, I would go with the 18 year old, female Swedish variety. Though my wife would never let me. So apparently, no slaves for me.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

To be honest, I hesitated and thought a good long while, attempting to frame that particular portion of my post differently, because I was afraid that it would sound exactly as you took it to mean. Such was not my intention, and I feel that some clarification is in order.

I realize that there is no way for me to convince anyone of the truth of my statements here, nor is it possible to prove a negative. All that I can do is employ logic and sound reasoning as per my own personal experiences, and hope that my arguments having veracity will give credence to my point of view.

For the longest time I did not care what neighborhood I was in, because I generally try to treat each person as I would expect to be treated. I would have zero reason to complain if I was beaten or robbed in someone else's "house" if my attitude was the reason for their anger and offense.

The reason I specified a specific race was because of the one common characteristic that all of the offenders share in EVERY SINGLE video of such acts that I have seen: they were black. Every time, without exception. I will be the first to admit that I have not seen EVERY video out there of the knockout crime happening, so I can not speak to absolute surety that there are NOT other races doing this, but I have not seen it yet. Not saying it hasn't happened, just that I haven't seen it.

It is impossible for me to prove to anyone that I am not a racist. As I said, it is impossible to prove a negative. By that same reasoning, it is impossible to say that I also have friends of other races without coming off as, "But some of my best friends are black.", even though I do, and they are.

I am not jaded, I am cautious. I simply was not aware of this style of crime until about six months ago, at which time I had to consider the possibilities as they related to me. I looked at the common denominators, likely areas of attack, and likely forms of same and adjusted my behavior accordingly. As to my weaponry, that is what I carried before I found out about this, I simply changed my location and reactions to my surroundings, NOT my demeanor. I still treat everyone with respect, because I expect it from them. I try to read body language and cues to gauge threat levels, and act accordingly. If I see a group of Babtist black kids handing out bibles, I am not going to be crossing the street or unsnapping any holsters, likewise if I see a group of black people attired as businessmen, I do not ascertain that as an immediate threat, and as such do not react to it in that way.

HOWEVER, If I see a group of three or more males, who look to be under thirty, all in a group with their pants sagging almost off their butt, and yes, black, then I will surely take that as a potential threat and treat it accordingly. Only a fool would ignore the possibility of an attack from such a group, ESPECIALLY now since it seems like this sort of crime is a "fad" and will gain in frequency, out of some sense of not waning to appear "racist" or offensive. I am not a racist, and in matters of personal safety, security, or dignity, I do not care if I am offensive. I have to be lucky all the time, the bad guy only needs to be lucky once.

You would be amazed to hear how many women get raped out of politeness. They see the scumbag in the elevator, or in the parking lot, all the warning bells are going off in their head, but they don't want to be rude, so they get on the elevator, or go out into that lot alone at night, and become victims. Not their fault, they were raised in a society that says that "Ladies" aren't rude. The only problem is that such an upbringing gives no thought to the possibility of bad things happening. You see where I am going with this parallel, right? Rules only exist if everyone follows them, and fair is a cruel lie we teach to children. I will NEVER be a victim due to some victorian ideal of politeness.

All black people do not play the knockout crime. But, so far as I have seen, all people playing the knockout crime are black.

Where do I go with that type of conclusion, since I refuse to stumble all over myself in some thirty minute disclaimer about A black person committing a crime BUT since I'm a white person talking about it I have to convince the world I'm not a Klansman?

I Have never owned slaves, so I will NOT apologize for slavery, or even recognize it as a valid point in an argument having to do with current bearing on modern American society.

I HAVE NO WHITE GUILT, WHATEVER THAT IS. I don't even know what court finds you guilty of such a thing.

I will bear the burden of bad karma if it means I go home alive at the end of the day.

I am a Spiritual person, but just because I believe in the Spirit World does not mean I think that criminals in this world will leave you alone just because you act nicely. They leave you alone If they think it won't be worth it to bother you.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Your guns and your CCP won't help you a bit.

I have seen some of the knockout "game" videos and almost all of the time when someone was punched unconscious it was out of the blue, sometimes after a short verbal exchange. Those were NOT situations where someone would have been able to draw a knife or a gun in self-defense.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CardiffGiant

You DID read the portion of my post in which I stated that my MIND is my primary defensive tool? correct? In fact I haven't "puffed my chest out" since I was an irritating teenager. A little thing called growing up took care of that.

I spoke through example and detail so as to give you an example of what could possibly happen to someone who fails to realize the dangers of the world, since I got the impression from your post that you didn't.

However, I see that I was mistaken. I didn't realize that your Avatar was a family photo.

Now, to the rest of your post, and to dissuade any other hecklers that might be lurking in the wings:

I am by no means a tough guy. Every skill or tool that I have learned or carry is for a specific reason.

The only way that I would ever be involved with a crime and not be the one being attacked was if it happened right in front of me, my duty as a good citizen would compel me to come to someone's aid.
However, I don't roam the streets at night looking for trouble, as you infer. I ain't the Fist of Goodness, bub.

Math dictates that if it was a midget then you round half UP, so it would still be three people. Don't discount those midgets, now! They're below your sight line, and already at nut level

I carry a 1911 because if I am going to carry, I want to do it right

I carry two because the possibility exists for my dominant hand to become injured. also, sometimes guns break. a second gun using the same spare magazines makes sense.

If you can't get at least four more silly jokes out of my ORIGINAL post, Then I'll buy you a beer, deal
?

P.S. I'm not kidding about those midgets; the little bastards like to dress as yard gnomes and just wait for you to let your guard down. The patience of snipers, midgets have.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

If I had to have slaves, I would go with the 18 year old, female Swedish variety. Though my wife would never let me. So apparently, no slaves for me.

lol!! i don't blame her, we can imagine what you would do with them!

make them cook and stuff, who can eat that food everyday, anyway?

how much cheese can one take?!!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

I must respectfully disagree, Sir.

Normally I do not repeat my stance this often in any one particular thread. However, in this instance, I have concerns that I might have misrepresented my social inclinations due to my own stances on self reliance, right to bear arms and so forth.

You are right in the statement that if you are completely caught unawares that being armed will do you no good if you are knocked out from behind, I.E.: BOOM, lights go out, tweety birds. However, no two situations are identical, and goes back to the mind as the primary tool. Always paying attention and avoidance of possible areas of trouble will go far toward never being in it. I have seen too many instances in which the presence of a firearm saved somebody's life o discount the validity of being armed. The gun is NOT the end-all be-all tool in the toolbox, in fact is the LAST resort, when all other methods have failed. The knife is the attempt at having levels of force that do not involve casting high velocity metal at a target. I would personally MUCH rather carry a small version of the extendable baton, as this is easier to hide, carry and use, but I cannot carry a baton in Texas as a civilian, but a appropriate length blade is legal.

I stand by my original claim: I am NOT a "tough guy", whatever that is, nor some "cowboy". I simply observe the violence of the times I live in, and if it comes to be that I am not allowed by circumstance or an aggressor's determination to look for trouble, I fully intend to survive the day.

If someone wishes to make disparaging or idiotic claims as to my mindset or intentions, without ever having met me and not knowing me(quite a feat) that is their right and privilege. (not aimed at you, just at certain folks who insist on high school level insults and jokes)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

tsingtao

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

Hey now! I was born in Wisconsin.

I can take a LOT of cheese!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

tsingtao

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

There is a huge variety in Wisconsin, so lots.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join