It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: Martin dismisses Parrish from caucus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
IF it had not been for some for Canadian posters reporting on post-election thought here on ATS, I might never of noticed this article:

Prime Minister Paul Martin expelled renegade Liberal MP Carolyn Parrish from the party's caucus on Thursday, citing her "unacceptable" behaviour.

Martin told reporters that while he has defended the controversial MP's right to express her views frankly, he "cannot, as leader of our party and the government caucus, tolerate behaviour that demeans and disrespects others."

"There are better, more civil and more effective ways to make your case than those she has chosen," he said, adding he called Parrish to tell her of his decision.

www.cbc.ca...

NOTE: FWIW, I searched this before I posted:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-11-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
That's funny....

When former pm Jean Chretien was in office, she spouted out "damn american's I hate those bastards" and Chretien did nothing... It was all over the papers... I think it had to do with the war... Then again she said something anti american.
and now stomping on a bush doll...

what I find so funny though is that she told her own Liberal Party they can all go to hell and her commander in chief Martin.... Haha, she must have so many friends....

What's a girl to do with she's got a few lose screws?? Cuss em all to hell

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
thank god they have done this...that woman was only out to get some tv time...she went out of her way to act overtly against the US and of George Bush...yes there is resentment towards him but the way she was doing it was just to gain some exposure..thats all...

i say she should have been gone a long time ago before all this has happened...but thats just me...what do i know ?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
She was an idiot, unfortunately I live in her riding (Mississauga), and I sure won't vote for her next election. She still says she will support the Liberals in most votes, but she's a problem. Martin did the right thing, and he's doinbg a much better job in office then Chretein ever did (nothing!)

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
She only got kicked out because she "dished" Martin not for being truthfull about Bush. With a Minority government Martin better watch his backside.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It took long enough. Sure, I don't really care for the guy either, but I don't think her actions were at all called for. She was quite a loud mouth with some very poor political mannerisims. I can't really even think of a job that would call for someone so outspoken in sensitive matters. How did she ever get the job anyways? Isn't there some psych evaluations politicians need to take to make sure some crazy venom spewing lady demon doesn't get into office?

As for Chretien...
can't we just forget about that guy?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
She just wanted attention more than anything, she wasn't stupid at all she was one of those pesky kids that keep gettin the attention, look at me, look at meeeeee. By making comments during the Afghanistan war, Irq and even post 9/11, she sure got her attention.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well you know what, just because she got kicked out of the Liberal Caucasus doesn't mean she lost any power. She an Indy now and in the minority gov't Canada is in now that means alone she has MORE power....great.....BTW Sheila Copps is backing up alot of what Parrish is saying about the Libs and Martin in particular.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Shelia Copps... ugh. Theres another venom spewing lady demon. I guess they don't really check out who they let into government do they. Crap, I guess 'they' is 'us'.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
For those of u who dont know, when a bill in the HOC is defeated, new elections are called, honestly it wouldn't surprise me to see a new one in a year. However Martin has gotten better numbers since the last election and could actually gain back a majority government if they were to be called.

new topics

top topics

join