It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson says sex changes are "one thing" but homosexuality is a mental illness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Pat Robertson says a lot of inflammatory and frankly stupid things, here's some examples:

''Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It's no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history.''

''I would warn Orlando that you're right in the way of some serious hurricanes, and I don't think I'd be waving those flags in God's face if I were you, This is not a message of hate -- this is a message of redemption. But a condition like this will bring about the destruction of your nation. It'll bring about terrorist bombs; it'll bring earthquakes, tornadoes, and possibly a meteor.''

"If enough people were praying, (God) would've intervened. You could pray. Jesus stilled the storm. You can still storms."

and he's certainly not known for his tolerance (or being much of a historian):

''You say you're supposed to be nice to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists and this, that, and the other thing. Nonsense, I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the Antichrist.''

"Many of those people involved in Adolf Hitler were Satanists. Many were homosexuals. The two things seem to go together."

''It may be a blessing in disguise. ... Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it. Haitians were originally under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon the third, or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, we will serve you if you will get us free from the French. True story. And so, the devil said, okay it's a deal. Ever since they have been cursed by one thing after the other.''

So it's not surprising that to hear him say that homosexuals should be "shown a bible" but I find it really odd that he he's okay with sex changes. I guess because there's no mention in the bible about gender reassignment surgery? Seems that in Pat Robertson's crazy worldview, everything is pretty arbitrary.

“A few years ago the psychiatrists, the psychologists used to say that homosexuality was a mental illness,” the TV preacher remarked. “Now, the Supreme Court has said that it is a protected right.”

“So what’s he going to pray about? Is he going to say something is wrong and he’s unhappy? And if he’s unhappy and realizes he is doing something that makes him miserable, you might help him.”

Robertson said that the solution was to show the gay nephew the Bible because “the Bible is explicit” that homosexuality is a sin.

“Now I understand and I’ve mentioned on this program that people that need a sex change operation — in other words, it’s a woman that’s trapped in a man’s body, a man trapped in a woman’s body — and they really need some hormones and surgery to get the thing lined up, that’s one thing,” he opined. “But this other — many, many people are into this [homosexual] lifestyle because they have been abused as a child and so forth.”

So God creates people who are trapped in a body of the wrong gender but has nothing to do with sexual orientation?

Here's the Raw Story source with embedded video
some more crazy things Pat Robertson has said

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
pat only needs to be loved by a walrus...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
My sister and her friends had me dress up in a dress when I was about five and took a picture. It is funny how that picture never disappeared from our photo album. I was mentally ill at the time to actually let her talk me into that. I haven't wore a dress since then.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Pat Robertson is the one that is mentally ill. He is a sick racist ahole.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I actually think its the other way around.The behavior of people who have sex changes tend to be the ones who seem mentally ill.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

Poor Pat....what a character

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Homosexuality is a defect the same way downs syndrome is a defect. Both are naturally occurring yet both contradict properly functioning human biology, and can thus be labeled a defect.

Homosexuality comes in a few forms and people become confused because they like labels.

Innate gays - Born that way,biochemistry say so, enzymes say so
Learned gays - Malleable minds that succumb to our degraded society's values
Fun gays - People who enjoy sex, so include their gender in the mix

In all cases nobody has the right to judge a homosexual for their behavior. Same goes for the people caught up in the endless "gay is ok, no gay is not ok" argument.

Case closed.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Most transgender people live average lives. Stop watching Rupaul's Drag Race.

I'm kidding of course, you might have never seen that show but my point is the same one I always make:

The loudest and most ridiculous members of a community are where stereotypes emerge from.

The majority of transgender people just live boring lives after the change and move on.

With that being said: To the OP:

Pat Robertson is a hateful old relic with no common sense and zero empathy. A special breed of believer that has absolutely no logical process of thinking and even less compassion.

How old is he anyway? Why is it that the most hateful people always live the longest and the nice ones die early?
edit on 5-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

Homosexual behavior is not a defect. It is common in all types of primates, humans included.

A defect is the 7 billion plus people on earth and counting. If anything homosexual behavior should be welcomed as opposed to continual procreation but I digress.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
"Pat Robertson says sex changes are "one thing" but homosexuality is a mental illness"

whoever that guy is he is correct...

homosexuality is a disease, that society is becoming accustomed to having around, very similar to our acceptance of AIDS or people with AIDS.

we are humans, not animals in the sense that we have to act like them.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

rickymouse
My sister and her friends had me dress up in a dress when I was about five and took a picture. It is funny how that picture never disappeared from our photo album. I was mentally ill at the time to actually let her talk me into that. I haven't wore a dress since then.

cross dressing isn't necessarily homosexuality, it is dominance thing... one can read all about it online.

mom and sis were mean to you eh? do you still long for the abuse...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

It's a free country (sort of) and old Pat is free to think however he wants. If he wants to put it on TV, so be it.

The scary part is he can only be on TV if he has a large enough following buying into his thought contortions to pay the rent. On top of that, many see him as an inspiration, a leader. Whoa boy...

The even scarier thing is there is enough information and intelligent debate out there to provide enough disarming-food for thought for anyone willing to take the time to digest. But yet, old Pat rolls on.

The unnerving part is not Pat, it's the environment in which he is able to nurture so many.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Homosexuality - being attracted to one's own gender is not a "disease", because that alone does not harm anyone - but injustice and treating other human beings as if they were parasites or a disease, inferior to you does...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I am definitely not against homosexuals, they are all humans as I am so I have some respect for them. The real question remains why is it that they are so ? Is it something hormonal which is different from heterosexuals ? Is it something linked with magnetism in their soul which makes them to be attracted to woman or is it simply they see the evilness in some women which makes to go for man instead ?

No matter what the case is, there is definitely a rational explanation for it and this might come one day or another

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

arpgme

Homosexuality - being attracted to one's own gender is not a "disease", because that alone does not harm anyone - but injustice and treating other human beings as if they were parasites or a disease, inferior to you does...

it is a learned infection and there is a cure.

the causes of it are wide in range, we know this so far... factors like never getting attention from the opposite sex ect.

we're working on it, have patience, but if anyone requires assistance there are plenty of classes and programs they can join to become not homosexual any longer, and to be more like nature intended them to be.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

You are completely ignorant on this topic.

Homosexuals don't get attention from the opposite sex? Whaa?

Are you being serious?

Have you actually known any homosexuals beside whatever stereotypical people you read in homophobe handbooks?

I hope you're joking. If you're not then this will be my one and only response to your comments. They are so far off that it's not even worth messing with. Logical studies must not be something you hold near and dear. Done.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

I am not afraid of homosexuals or a homophobe, facts have cleansed my ignorance and given me understanding and acceptance.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

SisyphusRide
it is a learned infection and there is a cure.

What if you knew you were gay since you were young but never knew what a gay person was? How can that be "learned" without anyone to teach it to you:?

SisyphusRide

the causes of it are wide in range, we know this so far... factors like never getting attention from the opposite sex ect.

A lot of girls say "aw, the hottest guys are always gay" so I don't think your theory works.

SisyphusRide
we're working on it, have patience, but if anyone requires assistance there are plenty of classes and programs they can join to become not homosexual any longer

What do you mean "have patience" ? If a person is gay and don't want to change themselves, they have every right to stay as they are.

SisyphusRide
and to be more like nature intended them to be.

You say "nature" as if that is supposed to be some type of superior thing.

Diseases are from nature
Internet and Libraries are not from nature.

Good or bad things can come from nature, so referring to "nature" as a moral authority is unjustified.

In fact, if you wanted to be so "nature" as "nature intended" you would be using artificial internet services.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

What if you knew you were gay since you were young but never knew what a gay person was? How can that be "learned" without anyone to teach it to you:?

I mean no disrespect here again as I think gays are people like everybody, but to answer your question, if the person is not born like this and but understands he is gay, it might be something psychological, some kind of process of the mind which is different from men/women who are heteros. It is bad to call it an illness as all it does is to indirectly attack a person at it's core, but why is the core of the person like this? This is the real question my friend.

More over, without the recognition of the soul as being true in mainstream society, magnetism, how it works and so on, how do you want to prove which there is magnetism between two men or to have them to be attracted together???

My take is that there is a cause for this that might lie deeper than just in our biological system, it would extend to the soul, as you might already know, how we feel inside is linked to the soul and not the body right?

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

has science not shown us the difference between male and female brains? the activity...

I believe I've seen in more than a few threads where the dysfunction known as homosexuality is a genetic thing?

We are born clean slates, mother and father are God and we know love but nothing much more from infancy.

I do not practice eugenics, but if science wants to make those determinations for us and try to give us an understanding scientifically of why homosexuals are different, so be it.

I will not discriminate... instead I will support the cause that tries to find the cure.

Did God give a homosexual male a female brain?

LGBT are 4 separate things, do lesbians have a male brain and the different/distinctive activity that science has shown us males have?

What the hell is a Bisexual? surely learned hedonism...

Transvestite? that's something else, are transvestites homosexual/lesbian/bisexual?

I'll wait for this guy Robertson's or someone more knowledgeable like a scientist to make the determination and give us a scientific definition of a transvestite from looking under a microscope before I decide...

edit on 7-12-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join