It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Wildlife Services Kills 1.5 Million Animals Each Year With No Public Accountability

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

WASHINGTON--(ENEWSPF)--December 3, 2013. The Center for Biological Diversity and allies petitioned the Obama administration today to reform the federal wildlife-killing agency known as “Wildlife Services,” which kills nearly 1.5 million coyotes, bears, otters, foxes, birds and other animals each year without any requirement to disclose its activities to the public. The secretive killing — which includes aerial gunning, traps and exploding poison caps — has gone on for decades with little public oversight or rules requiring the use of the best available science or techniques to reduce the deaths of nontarget animals.

I knew the “Wildlife Services" did some killing...But not to this degree! We have to learn to live with nature,not kill it!

Where I live we have always had deer, hawks and a fox or two. But in the last few years we see more deer,more foxes and coyotes. And slightly a few towns north of me a black bear or two. We don't kill them we just advise the public to be careful.

ecowatch.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
pretty sure they do it so species dont get over populated and have the rest of their respective species die out from starvation or cull the sick members to stop spread of infectious disease

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
,,,we need more eyes in the woods ,,,there is evil out there that never sleeps

edit on 3-12-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
There is a reason why they do this. Mankind has taken over these animals habitat and this needs to be done to thin out the numbers so they can survive in what little habitat is left. If it isn't done then overpopulation occurs and not long after that disease sets in that could potentially wipe out the species in that region.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Right but if a citizen were to go hunting so he could eat but didnt do so according to govt rules and regs, he would probably be arrested and have his guns confiscated.
edit on 3-12-2013 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

RalagaNarHallas
pretty sure they do it so species dont get over populated and have the rest of their respective species die out from starvation or cull the sick members to stop spread of infectious disease

Isn't that in SOME ways like what the illumaniti is doing to us?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Ever see what happens when Mother Nature controls population on her own?

It's not pretty and it involves things like starving to death which is a slow and ugly way for anything to go. Most animals follow a boom and bust cycle. Prey booms, predators boom, prey busts, predators bust, etc. Along the way, animals starve to death as they get over populated.

I'm pretty sure wildlife officials try to manage the populations to mediate these boom and bust cycles.

I know it's what Alaska wildlife officials were doing with the wolf population when the left jumped all over Sarah Palin for the helicopter hunts, but what the left doesn't realize is that a lot of people live under subsistence conditions in Alaska, and what's worse - seeing wolves killed from the air or getting midwinter stories of people in cabins devoured by starving, overpopulated wolves in Alaska? That's why they culled the packs up there. Hungry, starving wolves will try to eat people ... or anything else resembling food.

new topics

top topics

join