It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

81% Favor Repealing or Changing Health Care Law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
81% Favor Repealing or Changing Health Care Law

This is from a recent (Dec 1st) survey by Rasmussen.

It looks like voters are really getting fed up even more than before.

No surprise especially with all the real facts getting exposed beyond the control of the Administration.

And I think many people are agitated by the cancellations, price increases, deductible increases, confusion, uncertainty, general sloppiness, wrong information, hints of I.D. theft, and of course, the failings of the website along with all the fibs and outright lies told by the most *Trusted* leadership. Not to mention the Billion$ of dollars spent by the government and not many people actually have anything (and may never get anything).

Voters overwhelmingly want to change or repeal the new national health care law. One-out-of-two want to scrap it completely and start over again.

Given the problems associated with the law, a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters believe Congress and the president should repeal it and start again from the beginning. That’s up from 43% support in late October. Another 31% think Congress and the president should go through the law piece by piece to improve it.

Just 16% want to leave the law the way it is, down slightly from 18% four weeks ago.

some other interesting surveys at the source...
81 % Favor Repealing or Changing Health Care Law

People Have HAD IT up to HERE !!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Good, let's get rid of this awful piece of legislation. Unfortunately it took the bill actually affecting people negatively for them to largely change their opinions on it. It would have been nice, instead, if they'd have actually read up on the bill and what it would do instead of just blindly believing what the administration was telling them. That way we wouldn't be knee deep in the muck right now and could have avoided it completely.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think people see what's going on now and are starting to wake up and smell next year. They can do enough basic cause and effect to understand that this is coming for them as a Christmas present in 2014. That's enough to scare a lot of people. Not many have the ability to absorb this thing.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Too bad we didn't just expand Medicare. It already works and has infrastructure. GOP and their PAC's trashed that idea, along with every other legit idea --even their own ideas from previous years. They threw mittens under the bus for it and blamed everyone else when the candidate tanked.

There are no core values, just obstruction, which suits the corporates just fine. Obstruction, misdirection, destruction it's all good for regulatory arbitrage.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Medicare is broke. It needs restructuring, too.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well yeah. Even most supporters of the law want to see it changed. But they also wanted it changed before the new law came about. Most of the people who said they want it changed would still prefer the current health care act over what we had before it.

I'm in that camp. I would like to see it fixed and changed but I sure as hell don't want to see it go back to how it was. This is just a beginning and a ripping off of a band-aid. It will evolve and be nothing like this in about 15 years from now.
edit on 3-12-2013 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
no matter what the polls or the people say. that piss ant harry ried won't let it come to a vote in the senate.
and the reason he won't let it come up for a vote is that, he knew and knows for sure now that most dems in the senate would vote for repeal.
what we need is for the voters in nevada,to petition for his recall.

edit on 3-12-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
no matter what the polls or the people say. that piss ant harry ried won't let it come to a vote in the senate.
and the reason he won't let it come up for a vote is that, he knew and knows for sure now that most dems in the senate would vote for repeal.
what we need is for the voters in nevada,to petition for his recall.

edit on 3-12-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

I hate admitting this, but I tried and tried to get people here to vote for Aiken. I didn't like him and didn't want him, but I kept saying, "You vote for Claire and you're voting for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. At least they'll bury Aiken so far on the back bench that you'll never know he's there, and we can get rid of him the next time."

Now, not only do we have to keep seeing that worthless Obamabot Claire running around on the press shows everywhere, but we still have the worthless Reid and majority leader ... not that McConnell would be much better. He hates his own base, too.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
81% level means even a significant number of "Liberals" hate this part of their agenda coming true...

Rush Limbaugh said the day after shutdown resolution: "GOP advisors say just let it fall under it's own weight." It is dumbfounding how many are fools enough to believe "their life will be better" by new goberment programs.

But 2014 is just 11 months away now and the leadership is on very thin ice.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Core values are important to you when Obama has George Soros over for "visits" once a month?
Something doesn't compute here...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Dog gone right this whole thing should be repealed, eliminated, and forgotten.
Even if your kid is born with a couple of holes in their heart and both feet turned backward.
It could only be a sign from above that you need to give ever dime you make for the rest of your life to a bunch of doctors so you can show your kid how much you love them.
Of course, after you die we know someone else will come along and take your place. It's not like things like this are tragic, you know.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Some day you will learn our country can not be fixed by voting

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

I don't think anyone disagree with the idea that the system needed to be changed, but putting it on steroids and under the management of the same people who brought you the DMV and public education wasn't exactly the answer, either. Well, it's not the answer as we can all see.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This whole obamacare fad isn`t going to last long, obamacare will follow in the footsteps of the 18th amendment.
Everyone thought prohibition was a good idea and supported it as long as it didn`t apply to them.The same is true of obamacare, everyone thinks it`s a good idea in principle as long as it doesn`t apply to them that`s why so many are being given exemptions from obamacare.
Just like prohibition,obamacare will be repealed.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

You do know this program will really be managed by the same insurance companies who wrote it. Don't you?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

Exactly! The only things that have changed are the prices and deductibles both going up.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

teamcommander
reply to post by ketsuko

You do know this program will really be managed by the same insurance companies who wrote it. Don't you?

You do realize that the companies are so closely regulated and managed by HHS that the only freedom they have is to decide what fancy-looking logo they will sport on their letterhead don't you?

When you have that close of a relationship between private business and the government, it is called fascism. That's what Obamacare is, and it is designed that way on purpose in order to make you hate your insurance company even more than you already do while they purposefully institute practices behind that scenes that will liberate insurance from business, drive more people onto Medicaid and/or government subsidy and actually kill the insurance market so that they can eventually step and say "See? We tried, but this just doesn't work, so we need single payer."

This bill is a Trojan Horse designed to destroy the system it takes over from behind the scenes by purposefully wrecking in a specific way, and it seems you are falling for it.

The thing is that they were supposed to take a decade or so to achieve what this bill is doing in a matter of months, so no one has forgotten that all of this happening because they passed a law that is making it happen.

Now, don't get me wrong. The companies sold their souls to this on the mere promise of short-term gain of 30 million new customers. They deserve what they get out of this, but that doesn't change what is being purposefully done to the system we had before in a dishonest manner in order to achieve what the true policy objective is that they could never get honestly.
edit on 3-12-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
Good, let's get rid of this awful piece of legislation. Unfortunately it took the bill actually affecting people negatively for them to largely change their opinions on it. It would have been nice, instead, if they'd have actually read up on the bill and what it would do instead of just blindly believing what the administration was telling them. That way we wouldn't be knee deep in the muck right now and could have avoided it completely.

I love how you guys can't bring yourselves to refer to this ACA thing as a LAW. It's no longer a bill, and hasn't been a bill for years now.

People only understand that the web site failed when it was launched, and that's all most people understand about this whole thing. It's a good thing that we don't run this nation on snapshot popular opinion polls. No one would ever allow us to put in the effort to fix bugs and glitches, and America would be a weak-kneed failure. I don't see this bizarre hysteria concerning our government placing some pricing and operational controls on the Health Insurance Industry as being something that will benefit the GOP in the future. They're just running around like panicked little girls every time they can find something about Obama to be panicked about. It's pathetic.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Government controlled "anything" ends up failing.

Look at Amtrak.
Look at USPS.
Look at any number of government initiated programs.

In the vehicle of society, government has always been and will always be the "brake". It can only halt something. It cannot initiate because government is self-serving and only cares about government. To further my example, you cannot propel a vehicle by just using the brake.

Freedom is the accelerator.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

beezzer
Government controlled "anything" ends up failing.

Look at USPS.

Freedom is the accelerator.

Did you know that Ben Franklin was the 1st Postmaster General? The USPS started in 1775 (July 26)

I thought you guys wanted the US to preserve the values of the founding fathers? The US Postal System was their 1st ever concern, so think about that when you wear your tri-corner hats with their tea bags dangling.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join