It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Why does it have to be one way or the other! our forefathers came to the US for an ability to have religious freedoms,
So why can't we all worship what we will whether or not we choose? I will never understand why we need to follow
others choices! Why we need to force our beliefs on others! Hasn't there be enough violence because of our willingness
to conform others to our beliefs? Are we about to enter into a new age of religious persecution? A world wide inquisition?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

boncho
reply to post by edmc^2

So you also doubt Alexander the Great's existence?

I wonder at what point are you going to take the Noah event to non-event.

As for the seal - no need to elaborate on it. It's self explanatory. We all know what it is.

You misinterpreted. Proof of Alexander the Greats existence is not hear say. You say proof of Noah is in Jesus's words, but we have no account of Jesus's words besides what some other person said.

In fact, my example is completely the same as you saying Jesus verifies the accounts of Noah. If this is acceptable proof, I can say Alexander the Great was for gay marriage. After all, angels told me.

Yet you based your conclusion that Alexander the great exist based on what?
What other wrote about him.

So why deny Jesus existence?

I don't get it.

But proof or evidence of Noah's existence is NOT only confirmed by Jesus but by many more things.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
My, sounds like we've alot of people trying to convince more themselves in the non-existence of something-or-other than anyone else.

Christianity can be a rewarding set of guidelines by which you live your life just as many other different religions. If swaying someone from what may bring them even the slightest bit of peace of mind is your goal, I feel pity for you.

I don't know what I consider myself, a non-practicing Christian maybe? I'm not a "good" person, I don't do all the right things I know I should, not relating to religion, but to life in general. I do know however when the day comes for me to leave this place, I'd rather go in believing in something already. If you do claim to be a non-believer and try to tear other people's beliefs down, I would expect no deathbed conversions, as some of the most notable "atheists" had come to.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Yet you based your conclusion that Alexander the great exist based on what?
What other wrote about him.

So why deny Jesus existence?

I don't get it.

But proof or evidence of Noah's existence is NOT only confirmed by Jesus but by many more things.

You are really confusing my words here. There are historical references to Jesus, as a person. We can account for that. I never denied he existed.

His feats of turning water into wine and walking on water are not first hand accounts, but that's besides the point because we are talking about Noah.

Noah, whether he existed as Noah, or another name, is up for debate. He is first accounted for in the Epic of Atrahasis. Which, is much older than christianity. So given that his story is legend in Mesopotamia, it's kinda clear we don't have any historical record of the man.*

On whether the great flood happened or not, well, most legend comes from somewhere. But it doesn't mean god flooded the entire world, it could have been a village that flooded and some ingenious drunkard from 6,000 BC built a raft out of twigs and took the livestock he had and legend born.

You seem to confuse the difference of first hand accounts to second hand, third hand, and then "god's word" spoken to people through angels, or hallucinations. Like there is no difference between any of them.

For example. If a historian documents my life I will be on record. If I am a politician, a doctor, a lawyer, a scientist, a philosopher, and any of my life's work makes it into record, I will be on record.

However, if I start a small cult spiritual sect, and develop a following, and 100 years after my death people write about me and claim god told them some of it, and they heard the rest from the descendants of my followers, that is not a historical record.

And if my name is Ismiel, and I'm in a story, and the story reappears and my name is Abad, and reappears again but now I am named John, there is no telling what else changed in the story besides my name.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by StoicMystic

I would expect no deathbed conversions, as some of the most notable "atheists" had come to.

Source? Most of those are debunked as wishful thinking on the part of creationists.

If swaying someone from what may bring them even the slightest bit of peace of mind is your goal, I feel pity for you.

Logic and reason brings me peace of mind. Are you saying you pity anyone who believes/disseminates (in) a literary interpretation of the bible?
edit on 29-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

nosacrificenofreedom
reply to post by randyvs

Why does it have to be one way or the other! our forefathers came to the US for an ability to have religious freedoms,

this is actually a massive misunderstanding, the clue is in the name THE PURITANS left England because they were disgusted by it's religious freedoms. they chose to leave so they could set up a community, that had zero tolerance of other religions.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

How can an atheist know anything about god and religion? I still see proof of my god, i dont know about anyone elses but mine is still here.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
There sure seems to be a burst of bible type movies coming out in 2014. Sure it is to make money, but they wouldn't put them out if they didn't think the demographic wasn't there to support them.

Son Of God
28 February 2014

Noah
28 March 2014

Exodus
12 December 2014

If these do well, we could get others.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

in the Trailer I notice Noah put fouth a Sword into the Ground and causing the earth to Burn

So is the Sword that Kept Humans from entering the Garden of EDEN !! ?

The Flaming Sword ? and Noah was able to Use it because of his Purity ?? much like King Uther put the Sword into the Stone and his Son Arthur pulled The Excalibur out of the Stone ?? to Claim his Kingship??

Noah used the Sword to extinguish the Garden of Eden >?

HOLY BOOK
Will the Book of Angel Raziel, given too ADAM by the in which all celestial and all earthly knowledge is recorded. that passed Down to Shem to his descendants be in this Movie ?

Now, when God resolved upon bringing the flood on the earth, He sent the archangel Raphael to Noah, as the bearer of the following message: "I give thee herewith the holy book, that all the secrets and mysteries written therein may be made manifest unto thee, and that thou mayest know how to fulfil its injunction in holiness, purity, modesty, and humbleness. Thou wilt learn from it how to build an ark of the wood of the gopher tree, wherein thou, and thy sons, and thy wife shall find protection."

Noah took the book, and when he studied it, the holy spirit came upon him, and he knew all things needful for the building of the ark and the gathering together of the animals. The book, which was made of sapphires, he took with him into the ark, having first enclosed it in a golden casket. All the time he spent in the ark it served him as a time-piece, to distinguish night from day. Before his death, he entrusted it to Shem, and he in turn to Abraham. From Abraham it descended through Jacob, Levi, Moses, and Joshua to Solomon, who learnt all his wisdom from it, and his skill in the healing art, and also his mastery over the demons.

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

You ask some awesome questions and I'm going to try
a search that could answer them. If you get nothing after
this transmission, it's because I found nothing.

Goose bumps.

Here you go Wolfie.
I was going to post a snippit but I don't want to be a spoiler

reply to post by StoicMystic

I don't know what I consider myself, a non-practicing Christian maybe? I'm not a "good" person, I don't do all the right things I know I should, not relating to religion, but to life in genera

You seem like very nice person to me. What do they call that feeling you
get from someone thru their text ? I 'll do a thread on it.

edit on 29-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by Wolfenz

You ask some awesome questions and I'm going to try
a search that could answer them. If you get nothing after
this transmission, it's because I found nothing.

Goose bumps.

thanks again

another is

The Earth Canopy !

tho Venus and Titan ( Saturns Moon ) for example has a Thick Atmosphere much like a Canopy ...

DId Earth have one ??

During The Antediluvian Times ?

Outburst flood
en.wikipedia.org...(prehistoric)

Now what would Happen if TITAN and Venus Atmosphere somehow broke up and reduced by half ?

that did not expel into space but fell into the planet Venus and the Moon Titan ??

Tho this is interesting

More Evidence That Mars Lost Its Atmosphere
by JASON MAJOR on APRIL 8, 2013

Read more: www.universetoday.com...

But When Really a Scientist are saying billion of years ago!! ? Really ?

Well Earth May of had a Thick Atmosphere ? with more Oxygen ? its only 18 to 20 % Now

Atmosphere of Earth
en.wikipedia.org...

Evolution of Earth's atmosphere
en.wikipedia.org...

Earliest atmosphere
The first atmosphere would have consisted of gases in the solar nebula, primarily hydrogen. In addition there would probably have been simple hydrides such as are now found in gas-giant planets like Jupiter and Saturn, notably water vapor, methane and ammonia. As the solar nebula dissipated these gases would have escaped, partly driven off by the solar wind.[24

Hm Sound like the Creationist Vapor Canopy to me !! tho way much in the prehistoric era ...

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

I can't resist
From the source I provided:

Noah seeks advice from his grandfather, Methuselah, the oldest man alive, who lives in a cave. Unfortunately for fighting pacifist Noah, he has to go through the Watcher’s Land to get there. The Watchers are angels who came down from heaven to help fallen humanity by granting them wonders of knowledge from magic to science to stars, metal, and fire. But when mankind turned that knowledge into weapons of war and tools of environmental devastation, God banished the Watchers to earth and turned his back on them. Now, they reside as 18-feet tall, six-armed grumpy angelic complainers who resent mankind.

Thanks for the links.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by Wolfenz

I can't resist
From the source I provided:

Noah seeks advice from his grandfather, Methuselah, the oldest man alive, who lives in a cave. Unfortunately for fighting pacifist Noah, he has to go through the Watcher’s Land to get there. The Watchers are angels who came down from heaven to help fallen humanity by granting them wonders of knowledge from magic to science to stars, metal, and fire. But when mankind turned that knowledge into weapons of war and tools of environmental devastation, God banished the Watchers to earth and turned his back on them. Now, they reside as 18-feet tall, six-armed grumpy angelic complainers who resent mankind.

Thanks for the links.

Hilarious !!

The Watchers Land !! is Garden of Eden or Something like Atlantis a place of godly high civilization 3 4 One would assume ... from myth n legends

Names of Those watchers Azazel and Prometheus Quetzalcoatl Osiris etc.. pretty much ... for a

few...

Well 4 winged ( well Like arms ) 2 Armed Fallen Angels

ANUNNAKI tho that came from heaven to Earth...

Abgal one of the 7 sages of Sumeria AKA Angels

18 foot pretty much according to Sumerian Assyrian Babylonian legends Iraq

Could BE ! ?

The 2012 film Prometheus is themed around a group of scientists who set out to discover the origins of human life, which was placed on Earth by an ancient race of aliens.

The original Battlestar Galactica and the 2003 remake depicts humans as having originated on a distant planet and formed thirteen colonies, Earth being the last and most distant. The plots of both concern a group of humans attempting to find Earth. The original 1978 series is more closely linked to the Ancient Astronaut theory, using modernized versions of ancient Greek, Egyptian, and Middle Ages costumes, as well as mixing ancient myths and religious materials into the storylines. In contrast, SyFy's 2003 remake deals little with ancient myths and legends and depicts an American-like culture, and in a twist, it is revealed that the "human" and Cylon protagonists are in fact the ancient astronauts themselves.

The movie Stargate (1994) featured Ra, a member of the alien species Goa'uld that came to Earth around 8000 B.C., who enslaved the ancient Egyptians, creating their culture and religion, before eventually transporting thousands of them through the Stargate to offworld mining colonies.

AKA ANUNNAKI .. with the Sumerian mining Gold Story

In Star Trek, the Ancient humanoids seeded the galaxy with humanoid life. The episode Plato's Stepchildren also uses this theme. The 1966 episode "Who Mourns For Adonais?" uses the idea that the Greek gods were extraterrestrials, with the crew encountering the Sun god Apollo.

In the Star Trek: Voyager episode Tattoo, we learn that Chakotay is descended from the Rubber Tree People who were visited by Sky Spirits 45,000 years ago. The Sky Spirits, who are actually advanced, space-faring aliens, granted these primitive humans a genetic alteration which influenced their development.

While not specifically using Earth as an example, the fictional Star Wars universe has many references to aliens giving primitive races technology, or humans de-advancing into a more primitive society as time passes.

The Predator race from the movie Alien vs. Predator is described in the film as having traveled to Earth at a prehistoric time and having a culture serve them as Gods.

Now Reason Why i am posting this ! most of the ones that own these rights produced directed of the TV shows or these Movies

are lead to believed Owned by the Members of the Masonic Illuminati ..Showing half truths. and hidden meaning and hints as they may know our Ancient Mysteries.. of the Unexplained an Extraterrestrial existence of how we got here?? but there may stories that is brought forth repeatedly in from the viewers of TV and the BIG SCREEN ... Drilling this into US ...

Ancient astronauts in popular culture
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 29-11-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by facelift

You get me everytime.

reply to post by winofiend
[more

Please don't count me as religious. I'm just a believer who because of the nature of the world as it is today
will never have a chance to run it. Nor would any true believer want one.
edit on 27-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Let' s see if I got this. Is it Christianity that's doomed or religion itself? I don't believe Noah was a Christian. You say you're not religious but you are a true believer. So what is it buddy, is Jesus Christ your personal savior. or not? It's kind of like being a little bit pregnant . Is Christianity bound to pass out of favor? Well if Jesus don't get his ass back down here like he promised within the next several hundred years, it's possible.

As to true believers not getting a chance to run the world, you don't know much about the Dominionists do you? Ted Cruz and his like.

I'm sure this movie is going to be nice. I think Anthony Hopkins will make a nice Methuselah. But you really can't beat Charlton Heston as Moses. Now that was a movie.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by okyouwin

So what is it buddy,

I know it's vague. I try to follow Jesus Christ with out the religion involved.
So I would never deny being Christian. I just haven't once attended a church
that seems to understand the power of his blood. I'm certain that it's all you need.
They don't credit what he did enough if you ask me. So I study on my own.
I don't understand something. I wait for an explanation instead of making
harsh calls myself. An answer thru whatever means always comes. Patience.

It interests you ?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Christianity is not doomed. The institution is doomed. The precepts of "Love thy God with all thy heart and soul and love thy neighbor as thyself" is forever. The message of Christ is just that, a message not a religion.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

God: Adam and Eve, The fruit of the tree in the center of the garden will give you knowledge of what is right and wrong, but you are forbidden to eat it, and I expect you to know it is wrong to eat the fruit even though you can't unless you eat the fruit.

It's juicy little bits of hypocrisy like this and of course the dozens of accounts of genocide at the behest of god that turn so many away from Christianity and reject it outright, and I can't really say I blame them; there's just so much wrong with not only the institution, but many parts of the books themselves, I can see why many logic-based individuals abhor it so vociferously. Personally, I've come to the conclusion that much of the old testament stuff comes from a time much further in the past than is commonly accepted and of course the accounts are heavily fractured at this point. Also, the Yahweh of the bible is not the Infinite Creator that we are also parts of, as is Yahweh, but only a planetary level creator charged with stewardship of the Earth. We also are creators.

You are quite astute though in asking the question "Why if mankind simply evolved ? Why he would evolve with a knowledge of a deity, in his literary memory and culture?"

There is a very good reason these concepts and tropes are present in the cultural history of virtually every society that has ever been encountered, from Scandinavia to the Australian Outback, from China to The Amazon.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

edmc^2

rupertg
Noah was nine hundred and fifty years old when he died.

They should have at least put some elements of reallism in such fairytales.

Sorry but the story of Noah as told in the Scripture is no fairy tale.

It's real, indeed!

Real as today's events.

Honestly, in this day and age I don't know how an adult can say such a thing, assuming you're an adult. Well, I can believe someone would "say" it, but not actually "believe" it. You realize that the "Noah" story was lifted from an older Sumerian story, no? Faith is not the same thing as knowledge; insisting that it is doesn't make it so.

Think for yourself. The only truth that will set us free is to reject the notion that we are "entitled" to the truth.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Christianity is not doomed. The institution is doomed. The precepts of "Love thy God with all thy heart and soul and love thy neighbor as thyself" is forever. The message of Christ is just that, a message not a religion.

And that was very well said. Thank you.

reply to post by MeTarzan

Honestly, in this day and age I

Was there a ban on the Bible for this day and age ? How is Noah restricted from this age?
And unless you can give me a better account of existence and consciousness,
how can you be so confident in your negativity ? You can't possibly be that confident
in what you think you know, Give us your thoughts ? I can't wait.
edit on 30-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Noah...

Has anyone ACTUALLY read for themselves to recounting of Noah..?

I''ll do this from memory -

Noah took two of everything clean and also the unclean (animals)
aboard the ARK.

It rained for 40 days and 40 nights.
The ARK was adrift for 100 days before reaching land.

The human occupants consisted of Noah, his wife, there 3 sons and the sons wives.

That's where the story looses credibility.

NO WAY was his ARK large enough to hold 2 of everything clean and unclean!

140 days needs an abundance of food storage for humans and the animals,
then of course, a fresh water supply is needed.

How was the ARK kept from being destroyed by debris or smashing against rocks and mountains?

How did 8 humans control a zoo of that magnitude when today a zoo no where to that scale
takes many more humans to attend..?

There are many more questions including the ancient tale of Gilgamesh that supersedes
the Biblical tale of Noah. but you get the picture (I hope)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join