It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Moses and Noah were practicing Jews....

NO.
Moses, Noah and a lot of the ancient OT figures were following an ancient monotheism that was NOT Judaism, a religion which came much later.

Jews revere them as their own prophets, but they were NOT Jews.
edit on 28-11-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Lazarus Short
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Noah was not a Jew, and neither was Moses. Noah predated Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Judah. Moses was a member (IIRC) of the tribe of Levi, therefore not a Judahite/Jew. Now you know stuff.

I was completely ignorant of this!!!!

So Moses and Noah are the genetic ancestors of todays Jews but not actual Jews themselves?

The term "Jewish" only came after after Abraham I assume.

Either way my point is still valid, Moses and Noah were definitely not Christian and featuring them in movies is not Christian propaganda.
Christian congregations are shrinking and people have lost faith in the whole concept of the Church.
Due to its enormousinfluence, power and financial interests it will survive as an organisation for a while yet but its days of offering spiritual guidance (if you could ever call it that) to the masses is over.

And good riddance I say, Hopefully Judaism and Islam arent too far behind

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

randyvs

An absence that only came about as a result of our own, cowardly finger pointing
andchoosing to do everything, our own way. Before even trying to do anything Gods
way.Atheism, is the exact result we should see in mankind, the further he gets from
the time he had a relationship, with the Creator.God. Basically pointing first at his
woman and blaming her, Whereby those more poor in spirit, have simply become more
secular thru time ( Godless ). And then even pointing the finger of blame at God, for
the choices we made, a long time ago.

Don't forget the snake. Somebody blamed the snake and still do. That's the real hoot.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

randyvs
So there you go. Christianity is prefered even in Hollywood to be around for quite
some time to come. Even your enthusiasm is plastic.

Hollywood makes movies to make money. That's all they care about. THey make them to fit every ideology. Everything from Noahs Ark to Brokeback Mountain. I don't understand your excitement over the Noahs Ark movie somehow proving Christianity is alive and well. I think Christianity is ... but I don't see the Noahs Ark movie proving it.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

Noah was not a Jew, and neither was Moses. Noah predated Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Judah. Moses was a member (IIRC) of the tribe of Levi, therefore not a Judahite/Jew. Now you know stuff.

Abraham was the father of Issac who was the father of Jacob who BECAME Israel.He had 12 sons.The 12 tribes of Israel.The 4th one was Judah.

Around 722 BC the 12 tribes of "Israel"split up into two kingdoms North and south.The tribes of Judah ,Benjamin and some of Levi became the southern kingdom...Judah(Judea)the other 10 tribes (Joesph inheritance was given to his 2 sons) became the northern tribe Israel.They never untied again.Israel was completely dispersed and absorbed into many nation and was never a nation again,

So a Jew is someone descendant of the southern tribe Judah...which means Jews that are in Israel now are not Israel.They co opted that name to "regain" the land however Judah hasn't been apart of Israel for thousands of years.
edit on 28-11-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

windword

Randy,

I know that you don't believe in reincarnation, so how is it that you blame "us" for the shortcoming of Adam and everybody that came before us? How are we responsible for the decisions that our ancestors made?

The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
Ezekiel 18:20

That's a retort to the exclamation, the proverb....

"Then the word of the Lord came to me saying, 'What do you mean by this proverb concerning the land of Israel saying, 'The fathers eat the sour grapes, But the children's teeth are set on edge'? As I live,' declares the Lord God, 'you are surely not going to use this proverb in Israel anymore." (EZEKIEL 18:1-3).

What it means is that blaming the fathers is no longer an excuse. But its not an out, a reprieve or defense. They were claiming some measure of guiltlessness by blaming the fathers. The new order would be a sole proprietorship of their own sin or righteousness.

In effect God is saying that if they are smart enough to know that their rebellion was passed down as part of culture and practice then they are not ignorant and thus as guilty as the fathers themselves. Christ confronted this later pointing out that those of his day were just like their fathers anyway.

"and you say If we had been living in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partners with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.But in saying that, you testify against yourselves that you are indeed the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. Matt 23:31

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Rex282

So a Jew is someone descendant of the southern tribe Judah...which means Jews that are in Israel now are not Israel.They co opted that name to "regain" the land however Judah hasn't been apart of Israel for thousands of years.

They are simply not the totality of the whole nation but are Israelites.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
There is a lot of good in Christianity. The greed desire for power that we see in some of the members is not what Christianity is supposed to be about. It is about peace, sharing, and love. These are things many today think of as weakness. They take advantage of the good and peaceful nature of those who follow in the practices of a Messiah who walked the earth thousands of years ago. Taking advantage of others weaknesses to gain wealth or prestige is not what Jesus taught.

Sure people have abused the religion, they did things in the name of Christianity that was not even close to what Christianity was about. That should be left in the past, in history. We need to learn from our mistakes of following the wrong people though. We need to stop chasing wealth and prestige and respect people for the good in them not the prestige they hold.

S&F

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Wino you don't owe me an apology so I can't accept.
And I don't mean to be rude to any of you as I'm
finding it very difficult to send replys at the moment.
Technically speaking of course.
edit on 28-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

"and you say If we had been living in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partners with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.But in saying that, you testify against yourselves that you are indeed the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. Matt 23:31

So what? I'm not responsible to the enslavement of African Americans, American Indian slaughter or the imprisonment of Japanese Americans in camps during WWII. I wasn't there, and I'm not guilty.

I am ashamed of my ancestors and their behavior.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

In addition to this,

Comin February 28th, So excited for this to come out it looks AWESOME and looks pretty much historically and theologically accurate (aside from the language, lol),

From the people who made the Bible miniseries on History

www.youtube.com...

God bless

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

rupertg
Noah was nine hundred and fifty years old when he died.

They should have at least put some elements of reallism in such fairytales.

Sorry but the story of Noah as told in the Scripture is no fairy tale.

It's real, indeed!

Real as today's events.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

edmc^2

rupertg

It's real, indeed!

Real as today's events.

Real as if todays events were being recorded by a schizophrenic only to be later studied/discussed two thousand years from now.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

boncho

edmc^2

rupertg

It's real, indeed!

Real as today's events.

Real as if todays events were being recorded by a schizophrenic only to be later studied/discussed two thousand years from now.

Luckily we have records of the events - past / present that can be reviewed.

Unlike fairy tales - they are just that fairy tales.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Logarock

Rex282

They are simply not the totality of the whole nation but are Israelites.

That isn't correct.When the 12 tribes split they never reformed.The northern kingdom was taken into Assyrian bondage and dispersed never to be a nation again.Some of the remnants of the northern kingdom Israel became Samaria.

In the complete picture ..yes all of mankind is the Israel of God so everyone is included.Israel meaning struggles with God.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

edmc^2

boncho

edmc^2

rupertg

It's real, indeed!

Real as today's events.

Which records? The dead sea scrolls, the new testament, the old testament, the gnostic gospels… the book of __insert here___.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Many Christians consider the bible to be actual history...

So he'd be referring to the OT

edit on 28-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

boncho

edmc^2

boncho

edmc^2

rupertg

It's real, indeed!

Real as today's events.

Which records? The dead sea scrolls, the new testament, the old testament, the gnostic gospels… the book of __insert here___.

OT / NT

OT - recorded the actual event.

Genesis chapters 6, 7 and 8

NT - Jesus confirmed its historicity.

[Mat 24:37-39 NKJV] 37 "But as the days of Noah [were], so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 "For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 "and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Boncho
By what credentials do you label any author seen or unseen
present or absent, any author of any time a schizophrenic ?
If you don't hold any credentials of such, then as some
friendly advice I suggest you refrain from making such
judgements. Only because it could be interpreted as false
information. Then someone might call you a liar.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

NT - Jesus confirmed its historicity.

You have an example of Jesus's notarization for us all to see?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join