It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Registration DOES NOT lead to Confiscation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Can we stop saying that now?

Scan of notices hitting mailboxes across NY state now. Just in time for the holidays.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Did you receive that letter in the mail or is it from a news article about it? Either way this is deplorable. When are Americans going to say enough is enough and start ramping up the civil disobedience? The police can't arrest everyone.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

No, I didn't receive it. Thankfully I don't live in NY. The scan, and others like it, are floating around some regional gun related forums.

I'm sure in the coming weeks and months we'll see a lot more of them coming out of the Empire State.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

NY leading the way in destroying our Constitution. California better step up their game, they are falling behind.

p.s. I say all this, yet live in Maryland who is right up there with those other two states... le sigh...

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

NY leading the way in destroying our Constitution. California better step up their game, they are falling behind.

p.s. I say all this, yet live in Maryland who is right up there with those other two states... le sigh...

This isn't against the Constitution you can still bear arms just not ones with clips that hold more than five rounds. No where in the Constitution does it say anything about clip size. People that are against this law in NYC should protest the Mayor's office and say they should be at least able to arm themselves with the same personal defense weapons as the DHS. AR15 with a 30 round clip.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Everyone was warned.
Nobody listened.
And THIS is the result.
Exactly as predicted.

(That passage almost sounds like that could have been found in a Dr Seuss book: "Guns with Dick & Jane"!)

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

If you don't believe that gun registration leads to confiscation you are highly naive, and on the wrong forum me thinks personally to be quite honest.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

buster2010

This isn't against the Constitution you can still bear arms just not ones with clips that hold more than five rounds. No where in the Constitution does it say anything about clip size. People that are against this law in NYC should protest the Mayor's office and say they should be at least able to arm themselves with the same personal defense weapons as the DHS. AR15 with a 30 round clip.

It also doesn't say except in areas big brother want's to restrict it in some disingenuous way. Using your logic it also doesn't say you can have bullets to go along with your gun.

"Shall not be infringed' is pretty specific though.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Constitution aside it's an arbitrary restriction on personal liberty set by a oligarchy that does not live under that same restriction.

The Constitution and the words therein should have no bearing in the wrongness or rightness of this.

Shredding the BOR tonight does not make tyranny right tomorrow. It's wrong no matter the circumstances.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

buster2010

Krazysh0t

Did you miss the part where it states

22 LR. In the caliber description in the pic up there?

I wasn't aware that armed forces ans DHS used that crazy huge caliber in their arsenal. (Sarcasm)

Yep every single rampage we have heard about the gunman used a 22.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Its an infringement alright but by the time anyone grows the balls to do anything about it we'll be storming the White House with sticks and rocks. We're going down just like they've always wanted. Nice and quiet.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
As of right now NYC'ers can turn their guns in or prove they got rid of them.

Next step, confiscation.
edit on 27-11-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I realize the confiscation point was made with a document issued by NYC. Try registering a firearm in Hawaii that's prohibited ... and you'll be arrested on the spot ... as well as seeing the last of your firearm. AFAIK, it's been like that for more than a decade.

Whoever got a letter in the mail should be happy TPTB were nice about it.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

buster2010

Which part of "shall not be infringed" did you misunderstand ?

On logic you use it would have been fine to say "a person may only have two paper or cloth wadding intended for use in a firearm at any given time upon their person or vicinity" back in founders time. IMHO if you had proposed something like that to them you'd be run down main street in tar and feathers.

Using negatives to justify constitutionality doesn't work as it has a clause specifically for that also. I believe people of New York State will exercise their rights regards that clause in next election cycle much as some have in Colorado already have.

The OP's point is well taken here, government officials are rifling through BATFE form 4473's in order to know who to send these notices to. Those forms are not allowed to be used unless there is a specific instance of crime which justifies only a named specific search for listed owner of a firearm used in a crime.

They are probably doing same with CC and banking records as well.

As feared these forms are being used in a way warned of for decades.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

People that are against this law in NYC should protest the Mayor's office and say they should be at least able to arm themselves with the same personal defense weapons as the DHS. AR15 with a 30 round clip.

Hell, we all know that wouldn't work in a "lefty" stronghold like New York City.

The best thing that affected gun owners could do is to leave, take their guns, money, and businesses with them, and let NYC go the way of Detroit.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

You are right...no where does it mention mag size (after all it is a magazine not a clip). Nor does it mention licensing, specifications...ie. mag size/rate of fire/rounds/age/ect. All it does mention it does so clearly. You have the right to bear arms...shall not be infringed. Now wouldnt you say it's infringement if you had the right to cake on your birthday but the store decided in your state they didnt want you to have chocolate cake? Wouldnt that be an infringement? Some people just can't seem to get it...damn *walks off shaking my head*

ETA: Furthermore I challenge you to show me one us law that was around when the founding fathers were alive that limited or banned the possession or ownership of any type of arm...I'm pretty sure that's a clear statement. For if they saw the need or wished the govt. to limit such things wouldn't they have done so.
edit on 27-11-2013 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Gun confiscation IS ALREADY HAPPENING, and has been going on for a LONG TIME. If you haven't had your guns confiscated, it's because you're not a threat. In 1997, a cop took my S&W 9mm after seeing it on a table in my home where he was visiting on an unrelated matter, saying that it was not registered (and no law said it had to be registered). I was never able to get it back, because it took a few days to find out that there was a law that states if you don't collect confiscated property within 48 hours, you lose all rights to it.

In 2009, an ATF agent stole my Ruger 44mag and 22semi-auto. This time I sued, and I am fairly expert at law and court rules these days. However, the judge has refused to rule on any/all motions for over a year, and has let the ATF agent leave the country and allowed the ATF agent's attorney to libel and slander me all over the record, while sending police and federal agencies to harrass and intimidate me. You are all crazy if you think there is going to be some giant nationwide round-up of gun-owners. That is not how it happens. It happens to those that are a little active against the dictatorship first. Who cares about cowards having guns? Nobody.

Anyway, gun confiscation is already happening, and has been going on for 20 years. I've had $1800 in guns illegally confiscated in the last 15 years, and I am sure I am not alone. Is anyone going to stand up for/with me? No. Everybody's lame and only cares about themselves. I contacted most every gun organization I could find on Google, and not a single one cares. They only concern themselves with "legislation", not overt and illegal gun-confiscation.

As long as people are dependent upon the system for their lives, people will tolerate anything if the PTB have a little patience, because the people have no choice but to adapt. They cannot live on their own. They depend upon the system for their very lives. So, as long as freedom disappears little-by-little, every inch will only appear as "'just a little worse, oh well, it could be much worse, let's be thankful for what we still got". Conversely, anyone that is striving for a little more independence and personal-responsibility today is going to have the system come down on them. We are in a go-along-to-get-along society that doesn't appreciate strays, and has many ways to get you back in line.

I guess my point is that the system is living for itself, as an independent organism in a capitalist/fascist culture, and it is going to do whatever is in IT'S interests. We are not living in a world where our government serves our interests as individuals anymore. That is long gone. The new order is already in place - you serve IT, because you have no choice in the matter. Everybody's lives depends on IT. Not nature. But a thing, a system, a corporation. Less and less of human life will be "natural". Just programming for the operation of an "effective system".

edit on 27-11-2013 by i18rabbit because: conclusion

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Afternoon,

I was just joking earlier about the Dr Seuss book but then I got to thinking...I wonder just how popular a children's book titled "The Cat With The Gat" would really be?
We could release a NYC only version called "The Cat With The Gat Came Back"!

"I don't want a 4473 in hand...I do not want one Sam I am."

-Peace-
edit on 27-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Addition

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This should go down when it hits the SCOTUS, but by then, it will be too late for most gun owners in New York and that's all they need.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

#1 Please look up the word Clip.

#2 According to your logic, forcing a person to only speak to men and only on Monday in a sound proof room "isn't against the Constitution".

#3 Bad people kill with knifes more than guns, yet you don't care that almost every household has more than one knife per-person.

#4 I obey the law, never wish harm on anyone and have no ill intent, so why do you care so much about how many rounds my mag holds?

#5 Making laws that stop good people from having as many rounds as they like has no effect on criminals.

People like you are the reason we are losing our rights. The fact is if you don't want to fight for all of your rights, than give up all your rights because you don't deserve any of them. ( I say this to Americans only )

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join