It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Registration DOES NOT lead to Confiscation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Swills
As of right now NYC'ers can turn their guns in or prove they got rid of them.

Next step, confiscation.
edit on 27-11-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Absolutely!!! I can just hear Obama now..."Today, I have issued an executive order to protect our law abiding citizens from prosecution, from imprisonment and from fines. Today I have issued instructions to all law enforcement agencies to visit citizens who may not realize they have illegal weapons, and collect these weapons, saving our friends and neighbors from financial and legal responsibilities. Today, I have again protected the people of these United States from themselves and their stupidity." (crickets chirping)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

PsykoOps
If you want your literal 2nd amendment enforced then fine. Keep all the arms you want. No ammo and no right to use them thought.

Terve,

Number one, the 2nd amendment is concerning the U.S. constitution, not Finland, so with respect, I suggest you leave it to Americans.

Second, it's actually quite ironic for you to take such a stand when Finland is one of the few European countries where you as a civilian can legally own pretty much any firearm! That includes fully automatic pistols and shotguns, as well as other machine guns.

So you're happy with your nations gun rights but would like to infringe upon ours?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Konduit
History would argue otherwise. Historically speaking, registration almost always leads to confiscation. Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia and Communist China all implemented restrictions and registration laws before they totally disarmed the populace.

History would say "LOLWUT?!" The Nazis didn't disarm the populace. The German gun laws of 1938 made it easier for the average German to get a gun. In the Soviet Union, guns were strictly controlled in cities but the authorities gave up trying in the countryside.

OK, the Chinese are pretty hardline on private gun ownership, but one out of three isn't good enough.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Its called a MAGAZINE! Not a clip!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Quit with the clip/magazine crap, please. We all know both words mean the same thing, like butt and ass. So stop trying to act like you're some type of weapons experts because you use the "proper" term for it.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I see it as the government saying, "You still have free speech, but from now on, no-one can use certain consonants or vowels. But other than that, you can still say whatever you want!"

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Sadly just like the free speech zones in many collage campuses, if you are a student.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

whywhynot
reply to post by beezzer

Sadly just like the free speech zones in many collage campuses, if you are a student.

I thought America was the free speech zone.

But in police-states, they have to set aside actual zones to show how open they are.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Bundy
Quit with the clip/magazine crap, please. We all know both words mean the same thing, like butt and ass. So stop trying to act like you're some type of weapons experts because you use the "proper" term for it.

Sorry...it just carries over from my military exp...hard to loose.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
in·fringe verb \in-ˈfrinj\

: to wrongly limit or restrict (something, such as another person's rights)

Telling you which firearms you can own is "restricting" your choices....

Restricting means infringement....

"Shall not be infringed" is in the 2nd amendment for a reason!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Bundy

That's not true, they are 2 distinctly different things. That's like saying a toilet and a urinal are the same thing.

A clip is a device used to load ammunition into a firearm and a "clip" doesn't stay in the firearm, It's just used to load the ammo into the gun.
Rifles that use a "clip" would be an SKS or M1 Garand type firearm.

A "Magazine" is a device that holds the ammunition and is placed into the firearm. The magazine and ammo stays in the firearm.

And yeah, I am a weapons expert.....

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

And, some ammo comes on clips to load the rounds into magazines.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Bundy

There is a major difference. butt and ass are two words for the same object. A clip does not feed a firearm. Generally a clip just facilitates loading a firearm or refilling a magazine faster. There's even moonclips for revolvers.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Bundy

perhaps a better illustrated example is in order-

this is a magazine-

this is a clip-

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah that question kept going through my head, I dont even think they make a gun that holds less than 5 rounds... therefore, effectively, they are denying people's right to bear arms, because ANYTHING with the possibility of holding less than 5 rounds... cannot be openly carried - they would be too small basically - and would always be considered concealed... they could arrest you for that too... concealing a firearm!
edit on 30-11-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

there are double barreled shotguns which only hold 2 rounds and a plethora of single shot bolt action rifles in varying calibers.www.gunbroker.com...
Personally, if I were hunting that would be fine. for home defense I'd much prefer something in 5.56 or 7.62 with a magazine simply for quicker reload.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

yes but not handguns... As a woman, who has had two back surgeries and at current time 8 other herniated or bulging disks, I cannot use anything that kicks... I need a handgun.

They have effectively made many women sitting ducks I think

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hypothetical Question Here:

You live in NYC.
You own a Winchester .44-40 lever action with the 7 round tubular internal magazine.
Does this mean you have to have the tube plugged for two rounds or you forfeit the weapon?
Seems a shame for an antique like that.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

It seems untenable that we loose our RIGHT to bear arms

If these states allow this... who is next? This just cannot be ok with people

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I hear it's also happening in L.A. as we speak.
Gun owners are now being labeled A.P.P.'s...."Armed Prohibited Persons".
There's also a push in Wyoming.
The spectacle unfolds...

-Peace-

edit on 30-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Addition

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join