It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Satan or Demons Exist in this world?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
My theory is this: when we enter the movie, 2d plasmic screen that compromises our infinite universe plane/school, it was a bit like spore the game, some enter in for lessons, or all, but all don't sink to the lower levels or get roped into tough love methods of learning. That the true Evil, is a structure of oppositions, black and white squares, that is akin to saying: day/night, health/sickness, good dna for love and negative dna for quick reactions and violence, etc etc. Its AI structure for the tests.

Overtime, where there is no real time its a program in our brains, people have fallen and though they may have entered the schools on a similar level their tests have brought them up and down over and over, many lifetimes and many cosmic locations, and that the negative AI, has a following of real people/spirit/soul, now.

But I believe all will make in the end, they have infinity to do so, and Family helps/nudges and lends a helping hand so it won't take a kazillion years.

Also, all energies inanimate and animate/spirit, have a teleos purpose, that means they are to grow, to evolve and reach higher levels, so those playing small and dark hats, eventually bottom out and turn around, no one stays down forever. That is built in, like an energy DNA if you will, or in its essence.

And that Trees of Big Souls can produce seeds, or spirit children who grow up as well. Like infinite fractals, whereas in infinity, each fractal, though coming from Mom/Dad fractals, that came from Grandma/Grandpa fractals and so on, are still all equally infinite, all equal parts of infinity, and as there is no time, are always there. So infinite fractals or akin to fibre optics, flowing from each other, all joined up, but individual and each an infinite part of infinity. That due to infinity, something from something yet existing in the now, eternally in no time is paradoxically always there as well.

And each of us, all souls in existence, even the temporal dark hats, outside the schools and time programs/the movies, exist as those infinite progressed parts, ie Higher Self or oversoul.

All make it in the end, where there is no end, as in infinity there is no beginning, there simply IS.

Also, the movie is not fixed, its highly interactive, pause, stop replay, fast forward and until a soul reaches the level of consciousness to operate on the next plane and then be upgraded it doesn't belong there yet, and so groundhog day the movie expresses it alot. Where there is an outline, in no time, this would resemble "the past", and the outcome can't be changed. However we can color up all the scenes our way. So earth will do what earth already did, for the universe has already been evolved and also recycled at the same time, the lower and the higher elements of it, or whatever has happened already happened, from HS's perspective. However we can color our days up GOOD.

I believe its only a true happy ending in the end, where there is no end in infinity, and that all only the shadow or negativity, which is but mud and disortions hiding the light within, will fade away or be recycled, and that there is nothing but a Happy Ending for All Cosmic Souls.

This goes for all the bad guys too.
edit on 27-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Wow, I appreciate the thought you put into this and it's a great read. I get so caught up sometimes that I forget to look at demonology from a Christian perspective so it's fun to gain a little of it from time to time.

The problem is that demons and angels have been recorded and named long before the Old Testament god roamed around in the Garden of Eden. In fact, many of the names they use are from the original local religious structure. So if you really want to study demonology (beyond the Goetia Christian Demonology standpoint), you will have to not think of the OT god as the "creator" of these demons and angels.

In any case, demons and angels are practically the same; they just have different patron concepts they champion. Demons, for the most part, are destructive forces that are often indiscriminate in morality so long as they champion their cause. Take Pazuzu, for example. He is an immensely powerful force of wind and drought and other destructive elements. Most would call him "evil" without thinking about it. However, he has been called to overthrow evil rulers and destroy crop-killing parasites. Would that make him good or evil? Neither, it would make him "destructive". When regarding more direct angels and demons, they mostly work in this fashion.

The more complicated ones have specific agendas and their own personal wills, likes, and dislikes. Unlike deities, who just keep the balance towards their cause without concerning themselves with the "how".

Those of us who work with these beings will mostly agree that it's very similar to how the saints work in Catholicism. In fact, many of the saints are old angels, demons, gods, and goddesses.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Nice thread!
This is what I think:

Gods creations (demons and humans) have the ability to choose, so I think demons exist not because God created them evil and ugly ( I don't think they are ugly beasts like most artists depicts them, more the opposite, they are subtitle and beautiful to deceive), they chose to be evil and to revolt against His word. Thus, the story of the fallen angels.

Or

They are made by God and "programmed" that way to test us because we have the ability to choose right from wrong. God is like a scientist making sure his creation is good before the official release. This is Gods master plan to perfect his creation for something so awesome we can't even comprehend the depth and dimensions of this task.

Or

Certain humans in the past were clever enough to make up a boogeyman and use this fallacy to control other unsuspecting humans to commit actions in the name of the Lord.

Then again what do I don't know. I am just applying what I have seen, read or heard about these things. I personally believe the first choice. Why? Because, I like the story it sounds so familiar and it explains a lot on why the world is the way it is.
edit on 27-11-2013 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2013 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

OP,

Satan and Demon's took one look at our world and decided there was nothing they could add and left in complete awe.

In all seriousness I don't believe in them

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

The term "demon," in the sense of a malevolent intermediary spirit, is really a Judeo-Christian conception. Most (but not all) of the other major world religions, and even dead faiths (like those of Mesopotamia and Egypt) did not necessarily have "eternally damned" demons.

Creatures like Pazuzu, Huwawa, the Imdugud bird, and the Lilitu from Sumerian myth and religion, for example, were not "lesser" creatures, but the divine offspring of the pantheon. Likewise, in ancient Egyptian myth and religion Apep and the "night demons" who attack Ra on the sun boat are actually the children of Neith, who is also the mother of Ra.

The pagan and polytheistic concept of good and evil was much more holistic than the Judeo-Christian one, which tried to separate the good from the evil (even though certain Bible verses credit God with having created evil).

I, personally, do not think that "demons" of the Christian persuasion, exist. They are, more often than not, purely linguistic concepts, like Belial, or else they are pagan and polytheistic gods who have been demonized by the Jews and Christians, like the Ugaritic Chemosh, Baal, Astarte, and so on. The gods of our ancestors are the demons of our fathers.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

great post shadow herder.

sometimes i wonder
if reincarnation theory is true, does that mean that most of us lived as the devils/demons at least once?

peace.
edit on 27-11-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

i like #2
where some spirits agreed to play role as the villains (testers of 'faith') of the games

the players who managed to complete the 'final mission' of the game will become NPCs (legendary heroes), guiding others to complete their missions.

Although this looks like MMORPG, the only exception is the rest of the players have to complete the 'final mission' on their own (Solo Challenge)

peace.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
If Satan/Demons didn't exist, why do people starve??? We know there's PLENTY of resources to feed everyone on earth. Yet, and still, people are dying because certain individuals got a lock on all of those resources. Yeah! Satan/Demons exist and the majority of them reside in Washington, DC.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man. 19"For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders. 20"These are the things which defile the man.
Matthew 15

The LORD saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.
Genesis 6

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it
Proverbs 4:3

20He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. 21For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, 22adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23All these evils come from inside and defile a person.”

Romans 12:2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think . Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

2 Corinthians 10:5 casting down imaginations, and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God, and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ;

16 That evening they brought to him many who were possessed with demons; and he cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick
17 THIS WAS TO FULFIL WHAT WAS SPOKEN BY THE PROPHET ISAIAH 
"He took our infirmities and
bore our diseases'

Matthew 8

As such, imaginations, thoughts, the mind becomes continually wicked. One must have a pulpit to preach such thoughts and that pulpit is large today - mass media. It is the premier source of 'ethics and morals' for most people today - what it preaches, people come to believe. What people belief, they pour forth through their hands and mouth.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Why are demons "predestined" to be evil? They are evil of their own free will...they are fallen and, according to Origen, can be redeemed.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
According to some, Satan has taken up residence at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Personally I wouldn't rule out tulpas; some demon encounters could be psychosomatic delusions made real by the sheer power of the mind. Islamists could manifest a Djinn, Christians a Demon, and so forth. After my father passed away I would swear that there was a 'presence' hovering on the ceiling in the corner of my room, but my aunty (the shrink) tried to convince me that this was my minds way of dealing with the grief, and eventually the 'presence' went away.

I can't speak for those who've had genuine encounters, but never doubt the power of the mind.

edit on 28-11-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I think Satan is fictitious like Moriaty is a fictional representation in the fictional stories of Sherlock Holmes.

As for Demons.

Iny Career I have worked for some Managers id say fully qualify as Demons in human form.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Shadow Herder

Ninth Class--Frivolous Spirits.--They are ignorant, mischievous, unreasonable, and addicted to mockery. They meddle with everything, and reply to every question without paying any attention to truth. They delight in causing petty annoyances,.....

Sounds just like the rural French here to me. Cleverly stupid.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
You create your own demons, you create your own hell, we lurk in shadows watching time and time again people killing others they deem to be evil. Tell me if you kill a bad man does that make you good? Who are you to judge who is evil and good? Who am I to say that I'm good or bad? even I don't know whether or not I'm good or bad. Some of us cant afford the luxury of moral choices while others can and they're labelled saints and angels.

My mind decays
It can keep the dawn away
a losing battle day by day
Fill the Void, come let's play
We can drink the dawn away
This empty pain is here to stay.
Touch my heart, bring me back my smile!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

blueyezblkdragon
You create your own demons, you create your own hell, we lurk in shadows watching time and time again people killing others they deem to be evil. Tell me if you kill a bad man does that make you good? Who are you to judge who is evil and good? Who am I to say that I'm good or bad? even I don't know whether or not I'm good or bad. Some of us cant afford the luxury of moral choices while others can and they're labelled saints and angels.

My mind decays
It can keep the dawn away
a losing battle day by day
Fill the Void, come let's play
We can drink the dawn away
This empty pain is here to stay.
Touch my heart, bring me back my smile!

Spirits are created simple and ignorant . God leaves man free to choose his road; so much the worse for him if he takes the wrong one; his pilgrimage will be all the longer. If there were no mountains, man could not comprehend the possibility of ascending and descending; if there were no rocks, he could not understand that there are such things as hard bodies. It is necessary for the spirit to acquire experience; and, to that end, he must know both good and evil. It is for this purpose that souls are united to bodies

edit on 29-11-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

There is only God pretending not to be God - anything that thinks there is something separate to God is Satan. When God forgets himself he acts like a devil.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Satan is the ego.

In the Bahá'í Faith, Satan is not regarded as an independent evil power as he is in some faiths, but signifies the lower nature of humans. `Abdu'l-Bahá explains: "This lower nature in man is symbolized as Satan — the evil ego within us, not an evil personality outside."[45][46] All other evil spirits described in various faith traditions such as fallen angels, demons and jinns are also metaphors for the base character traits a human being may acquire and manifest when he turns away from God.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Without naming entities or negative beings, because I believe most of the ones of old were rounded up and dealt with already, but they seem to exist between the membranes of the dimensions, and press into our world. Ghosts too.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The forces of evil are present in this world and they have been for a long time

They hate all of us and god too - they chose evil - they became jealous of god and asked god if they could have more powers to do the things that he can do but he said no

They claimed that God's creation - u and me - were evil but god said we were good so they demanded to be able to come to the world and test us with evil

God allowed them - sadly many people are choosing evil and offending god with their evil and filth

U see evil is a choice - homosexuality is evil and it is the work of Satan designed to make us offend god - read genesis 19 to know how god destroyed sodom and Gomorrah for this very filth - it is an abomination to god and nothing good can come from it

This is how evil works - it uses great subtlety in order to deceive - to bring u to a point where u r convinced u r doing nothing wrong yet all the while u really are - many are unaware that they have chosen hell and they must turn away

Many people are in danger - warn them to turn from their filth and evil before the end comes

[SNIP]

Tell everyone about this

edit on 11/29/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I know they're real. Why? Well when I was younger I went through this rebellous phase. I practiced witchcraft for only about 6 months. A stupid teen phase. But ever since God has sort of reminded me of that wrong doing. About 2 to 4 times per year I get these long scratch marks on my body. It's usually always on my arms. Often appearing in rows of 3 scratches. They materialize of thin air. Can happen at any moment. Something you see off a horror movie. It's very very weird. I believe it's because somehow I opened doorways to demonic oppression threw my witchcraft days. Again they started appearing shortly after I did that. So ya I believe demons are real. But I'm not affraid of them. They're lower life forms, and their abilities are that significant, well if you're a christian. if not well it's hard to say. Most likely they wouldn't want you to know they exist, least you start to believe in something.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join