It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Satan or Demons Exist in this world?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

John is reiterating the first few verses of Genesis and uses the past tense. He's recalling how God made the heavens, earth, and life. He's not describing how things are right now. It is only in verse 5 that John moves to the present tense when he states that the light of God that was in the beginning still exists and the darkness has not overcome it.

I find this an interesting thing to say. Why bother pointing this out unless the darkness had overcome something in that picture...

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

They are made by God and "programmed" that way to test us because we have the ability to choose right from wrong. God is like a scientist making sure his creation is good before the official release. This is Gods master plan to perfect his creation for something so awesome we can't even comprehend the depth and dimensions of this task.

Wow god beleives in "evolution" or is a practionier of "natural selection"

This is Gods master plan to perfect his creation for something so awesome

Well he's[she's] had at least 2 goes so far...Pre-Adam, post noah. Sounds like the programmer has allowed an infinite loop or fatal virus into the machine. Which brings me to mention that your god is looking more and more like the gnostics definition of the Deimurge.

Yawn...hmmm...so many lifetimes, so much hurt so much pain sickness...o dear. The war mongering mountain god jehovah...just cant get it right.

The system sure needs formatting.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

One must have a pulpit to preach such thoughts and that pulpit is large today - mass media. It is the premier source of 'ethics and morals' for most people today - what it preaches, people come to believe. What people belief, they pour forth through their hands and mouth.

And you would have us returned to the dark ages where the bible is interpreted by the head honcho wearing a mitre. Ethics and morals have never really been taught in modern lower schooling thus those who see the errors of their ways will convert to your brand of christianity in adulthood and make a far better candidate for your brainwashing. You will get quality at the expense of quantity.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Edb123

This is how evil works - it uses great subtlety in order to deceive

huh SUBTLE?

(2 Kings 2:23-25) 23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number

Wow not too subtle there. What for being called bald. Pretty easy to get your god to do nasty things if you're vain. But then again Jehovah was a jealous god. If that aint evil working well which writer could invent a more mailicious being?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by StopThaZionistWorldOrder

Everyone has experienced getting a message or temptation that they know 100% didn't originate from inside them

Does that include Succubi?

Succubus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succubus‎
In folklore traced back to medieval legend, a succubus is a female demon or supernatural entity that appears in dreams, who takes the form of a human woman

Tell me something, why was god calling out to adam in eden? Why couldnt god see adam. Better yet if satan was a spirit why appear to eve in the flesh.

Personally I know evil exists but am dubious when you categorically state "100%" not of your making. You ascribe too much power to your satan. Why are you tempted, is it satan or some of your own failings coming to the surface. Or it could even be the zionists. You do share a common past. And yes I know the diff between jew and zionist.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by StopThaZionistWorldOrder

If your HUMAN there are entities that can send messages to your mind , get over it.

The sad thing here is that you wont know if its your satan or some MKULTRA military op

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by UnderGetty

I would have thought an occultist would have chimed in by now...

As an ex-occultist but by no means an expert I would tend to state that demons pre existed your fall. The kabbala does a better job in explaining certain missing peices from the biblical version

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by UnderGetty

Remember that the accuser is a master legalist

So wasnt jesus also a master legalist as the pharisees where stumped for words when he threw everything back at them. Not bad for a carpenter, but then again if he was an Essene who received his training during those missing years...

splice the DNA of one organism into another, the resulting Chimera is a creation of mine.
Now if I create this living creature then it contains a "breath" (πνευμα), just like every other living being, except that the type of spirit does not fit within Gods order

So if you now or your mother prior to your birth (whilst you were a fetus) had some remedial gene therapy done you forfeit your rights as not being within gods order? Are you a christian scientist?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

TheConstruKctionofLight

One must have a pulpit to preach such thoughts and that pulpit is large today - mass media. It is the premier source of 'ethics and morals' for most people today - what it preaches, people come to believe. What people belief, they pour forth through their hands and mouth.

And you would have us returned to the dark ages where the bible is interpreted by the head honcho wearing a mitre. Ethics and morals have never really been taught in modern lower schooling thus those who see the errors of their ways will convert to your brand of christianity in adulthood and make a far better candidate for your brainwashing. You will get quality at the expense of quantity.

Sorry, but where did I ever suggest that we "return to the dark ages where the bible is interpreted by the head honcho wearing a mitre"?You surely must be reading that into my comments.

My point was quite clear: belief comes through hearing. If one doesn't listen to Our Creator, who is one left listening to? Man. Man's largest pulpit is mass media, by far and away the pulpit with the largest congregation. Hitler gave his countrymen free radios. Do you think that he was worried about their welfare? Hardly.

Majority sees an unborn baby as a life and blessing.

A large percentage view an unborn baby as a burden, a clump of cells, not life.

The baby never changed. We certainly didn't 'evolve'. Therefore the only thing that came along was mass media and it's sister pulpit forced education. Just as a hypnotist can get a man to see a fully clothed audience as naked by merely placing words in his mind, so to do these pulpits do the very same thing. The baby didn't change - our perceptions were changed. You speak of scripture as 'brainwashing' yet you cannot detect the world's brainwashing, nor do you want to contemplate that two different spirits have, and preach, their gospels.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

What do unborn babies have to do with the topic? Also, I have not yet heard the word of Satan. I have only heard the word of people who think they kn ow what Satanism should be based on a reversed image of Christianity. So yeah, you can blame Christianity for Satanism. Without God, there is no Satan.

Ha.
edit on 29-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Dianec

I think the real demons are standing in our shoes, sitting in our seats, drinking coffee from our mugs. No greater monster has ever existed, than the human race. And that's the reality we're trying to avoid while looking everywhere but the mirror.

14 Every man is a beast by his own knowledge: every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his melting is but falsehood, and there is no breath therein.

Jeremiah 10:14 The more that man thinketh to do anything well by his own wisdom, and not as God instructeth him, the more doth he prove himself to be a vile beast.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

14 Every man is a beast by his own knowledge: every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his melting is but falsehood, and there is no breath therein.

Jeremiah 10:14 The more that man thinketh to do anything well by his own wisdom, and not as God instructeth him, the more doth he prove himself to be a vile beast.

God, according to the Bible, is directly responsible through his omnipotent and omniscient machinations, for 20 million deaths. That's four Hitlers. Not to mention the crimes of those who were following his orders. Spanish Inquisition, the Nazis, the witch burnings, yada yada.

God is just one more excuse in a long line of excuses. God didn't change anything except how we felt about it. Keep your scriptures to yourself. I live in the modern world, where we rely on HEART to discern between helpful and hurtful. If you wanna blame your psychotic behavior on demons, go ahead. Tell it to the judge. I'm sure a plea of insanity will help you live long enough to demonstrate the truth of it.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

What do unborn babies have to do with the topic? Also, I have not yet heard the word of Satan. I have only heard the word of people who think they kn ow what Satanism should be based on a reversed image of Christianity. So yeah, you can blame Christianity for Satanism. Without God, there is no Satan.

Ha.

Your comprehension skills appear to be poor. It's an example.

"I have only heard the word of people"

13You said in your heart,
“I will ascend to the heavens;
I will raise my throne
above the stars of God;
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,
on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon.
14I will ascend above the tops of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.”

There is a spirit of this world and the Spirit of God.

And yes, Our Creator made it all - man, the serpent, the beast nature, our minds, our souls, our spirits, calamity, good.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I hope you'll excuse me if I don't just take your word for it. Generally speaking, that's the definition of gullible.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

It is said that the spirits of addicts end up in a hell of their own making where the cravings never leave them, but without the ability to satisfy those craving, and as a result, they end up trying to get a "hit" vicariously from living addicts ie: they haunt addicts in trying to get a fix. Sounds crazy, right?

Well I know a street person (I often talk to them and befriend them as a Christian brother) who saw one very distinctly. He said it came up out of the ground, starting out like a shadow then taking on a free standing 3D form, with a head that was jagged on top like Bart Simpson, and sort of like claws for hands, and it seemed to be both desperate and needy and it wanted his attention. He cursed it in the name of Jesus Christ and it screeched and then fled. When he told me the story before I had heard about this thing about prior addicts in hell, I told him that it might have been another addict passed on but who's never free, that's what my instinct was telling me. I told him if he ever saw it again, to tell it to go to the light! lol

To this day the guy, Glen, assures me that he definitely saw it, in spite of the fact that he is a drug user, and that it was not a hallucination of any kind, and I totally believe him.

Maybe it's time to quit smoking.. yikes!

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 29-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Good and evil, in my humble opinion are like heat or cold. It can radiate from some people and interfere with others. I doubt many people would argue that a person filled with hate...even if only for a few moments, can affect others around them. Not "turning" them evil, but affecting them. So while I don't believe in typical angels and demons, I believe that hate does not only radiate out from an identified source (the person in my example) but can also flow in like the heat or cold coming on the wind. You don't know the real source, but it can come in in waves and also affect you.

Humans can feel heat and cold, smell sweet and sour, see light and dark, hear nice and creepy...I believe we have other, maybe less developed senses also. But regardless, just because we are missing a sense to experience something, doesn't mean it isn't around us. Good and evil may be no different than heat and cold. But we silly life-forms just don't, or no longer have the sense to experience it. Or maybe we have a little bit of that sense.
edit on 11/29/2013 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

StopThaZionistWorldOrder
reply to post by noonebutme

Only a fool says there is no God. Only a fool says evil spirits don't talk to people. If your HUMAN there are entities that can send messages to your mind , get over it.

Really? Well, I'd argue only a fool believes in a God that allows the men who preach in his name to have sex with children. I find that very... ungodly.

As for your demons and entities - What entities? Where? How? Through what medium do they communicate these messages? Is it observable? Provable? Recordable?

You've made a completely baseless claim and then said only a fool ignores your unproven claim.

And it only works if you're (notice it's "you are" not the possessive "your") human? Not if you're an animal...? How does that work? Why only humans? What about non-human entities in other worlds/galaxies? Do they receive these messages?

How utterly ridiculous.
edit on 29-11-2013 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

noonebutme

StopThaZionistWorldOrder
reply to post by noonebutme

Only a fool says there is no God. Only a fool says evil spirits don't talk to people. If your HUMAN there are entities that can send messages to your mind , get over it.

Really? Well, I'd argue only a fool believes in a God that allows the men who preach in his name to have sex with children. I find that very... ungodly.

"God" doesnt allow none of that. It is the choices of man the brings him to it. I think it is your idea of what god is that is ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
we as individuals or as a collective group of like-minded souls give life and reality to these creatures of the mind

demons, devils, Satan, Lucifer are the dark-side Archtypes... which are made real just as a disciple of the dark-side can conjure up 'elementals' for their own personal use... but to an outsider...these demons are only internal entities and one inflicts destruction upon one's self more often than any collectively manifested evil entity

through Yoga techniques one can have control of one's heart rate, blood-pressure, deep breathing can alter your Alpha & beta states.... evil spirits/demons that you generate can do the same types of normal body function anomalies...if they are ingrained --- invited ...into your psyche
edit on 29-11-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

You surely must be reading that into my comments.

Your comments are rather plain to see. Its either youre listeing to god or you're listening to man. The usual "your either with us or against us wedge."
Why in gods name would you bring up Hitler. Its offensive and you're brainwashed so much that you need to resort to selective historical rants.

Majority need babies to repopulate and rebuild after war.

Baby bonuses are paid out by govts to breed more slaves for the economy, as a declining birthrate puts pressure on the tax base and future social security entitlements

1964 Gulf of Tonkin incident, false flag to lead US into Vietnam genocide.

Pick any year and I can play your game

Jesus fed the 5000 with 5 loaves and 2 fish, today tele evangelists rake in millions through brainwashing preaching hell and brimstone. Funny how they dont suggest if you're in need to ring and ask for a handout.

nor do you want to contemplate that two different spirits have, and preach, their gospels

I thought there was one set of gospels?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join