It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were Adam and Eve the first humans? Studying Genesis 1-2

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I agree that Adam and Eve are mythological, but I don't think it is meant to be taken literally. I believe It is a metaphor or allegory for something, but what? In my opinion it is about how man became self-aware, which is the forbidden fruit. Self-awareness leads to separation and bigotry and hate, and all of that leads to war. Quote 3NL1GHT3N3D1

At some point the ultra-condensed, and oversimplified nature of the Gen and A&E story is fairly apparent...extracting significant detail from it is a fools pursuit, but the obvious inconsistences are there - enough to render it open to question, even now.

The G of E story is laced with the metaphoric and allegorical (but which is which?)...and how do they relate to the earlier Gen story...when resolution of who the 'Our' refers to in...'in OUR image'...?

Clearly, there are disconnected threads in the 'account', but they are not resolvable within the framework of what has generally been handed down to be believed as consistent, in any sense of the word. That is a problem, as the story might take on a far grander and vast aspect, that makes much more sense in real world machinations.

Å99
edit on 23-11-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2013 by akushla99 because: i before e

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I was just thinking about the Burka.

Along with protecting daughters and wives from sons of god that find Earth Women Attractive.

Are they considering the female sacred??

Earth Girls Are Easy (Part 1/11)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YpkhIXXSjU
www.youtube.com...

No Disrespect to the Earth ladies, just using the old movie for humor!

The Male was the laborer.

God watched him toil for Gold and felt bad and made him a beautiful partner to come home to...

While Adam(s) were off at work. The Serpent (Dragon) came by.

Flintstones - Opening and Closing Credits
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdX6fwfrULI
www.youtube.com...

Gender itself is a puzzle...

No Sex Needed: All-Female Lizard Species Cross Their Chromosomes to Make Babies
www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=asexual-lizards
www.scientificamerican.com...

Even micro-organisms have gender:

Wolbachia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolbachia
en.wikipedia.org...

The Sperm is the male masculine single cell:

Spermatozoons ( The motile sperm cells) - Bournhall Clinic
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYIoiJPsZrQ
www.youtube.com...

When the egg meets sperm
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO4UWj01Gx8
www.youtube.com...

THE MIRACLE OF HUMAN CREATION (part2)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGqe8CX6ymQ
www.youtube.com...

The feminine single cell is the Egg.

The World's Largest Egg - Sold for record price in Christie's of London auction!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjoZa968FZ4
www.youtube.com...

The male and female cells have very specific roles.

This also goes for male and females!!

Alien Technology I tell you!!

They have to use electron Microscopes to see what is going on...

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zillah

No they weren't. The story of Genesis is not about an actual couple. It is an allegorical story to explain why humanity gave up being a hunting and gathering society to one based around agriculture. Because once you have discovered agriculture you can not go back to the idealistic and less strenuous life "in the garden".

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zillah

Adam is not a proper name of the man, Adam is simply the word for "Man", which Eve is not the proper name either, it is "Life", the correct Hebrew proper name is now Chava.

What the Hebrew was telling us is that Man and Life (motherhood) were created and that Man and his wife were raised from the dust to have progeny.

Akra, that isn't a fairy tale, that's what your evolution teachers say also, isn't it? That a male and female came after something crawled out of the goo onto the ground and then stood upright. I would then say yours is a fairy tale also.

The Bible plainly tells us that male and female stood up from the ground to have progeny. How did those ancient writers know that man didn't become man until he was on the dust, and not in the goo?

It seems then the Bible writers knew something all along, but since someone cleverly attached names to the people, then evolutionary teachers have a lot of catching up to do with the Bible, because the Bible is the first to say man stood upright from the earth...how interesting.

Adam is really adamu, man.

Eve is really Chava, mother of life.

The only difference, we believe God did it while you believe natural processes did it. Since you only look at natural processes, which you can only see after the crawling out of the goo, you can't explain WHY it crawled out of the goo. And since the Bible is accurate in a man and a woman coming from the dust, which is what evolution teaches, then the Bible is no longer a fairy tale. Wouldn't you think so?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Akragon
Skip the OT... And read the gospels

I agree with Akragon. (as usual)

Were Adam and Eve the first humans? No. It's not scientifically possible. The Adam and Eve story is a creation myth 'borrowed' by the Hebrews from the ancient Summerians and then 'adapted' by them to fit their own culture.

As Akragon said ... concentrate on the gospels. THAT is the important message of the bible.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

FlyersFan
As Akragon said ... concentrate on the gospels. THAT is the important message of the bible.

I'm definitely concentrating my studying on the gospels when I study the Bible on my own.

In Bible study, we study both the OT and the NT. I definitely know my salvation won't be based on my biblical knowledge, or of the OT scripture. However, it's still an interesting read.

Thanks for replying, btw! I see you all over ATS, and I love reading your posts! ^_^

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
In addition to what I said previously I would like to point something out. Not only is it explaining the cultural shift to agriculture. But it is also with the development of agriculture that humanity also discovers its ability to transform the earth to suit our needs. To an ancient human that knowledge would be harnessing the power of God.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join